Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warhammer log
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leonato

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just let me know when ya wanna go in Halo again Wink

Leo

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, 20 Necron Warriors almost done. Only the bases and they are ready for battle. However, that also means that I won't be able to use them today. The glue takes too long to dry.

Anyway, I think they look good, just as well as the Flayed Ones that are in the same state of completition.

On other Warhammer news, the base for my 3rd 40K army arrived the other day. I bought Pflarrian's Eldar Very Happy

"Their Arrogance is matched only by their Firepower."

Wink

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, 500 points of Necrons are done. In fact, I already used them today in battle. Not with much success though. I lost both times but at least I didn't make it easy for my opponents.

1000 points aren't far. With a little luck I might even reach them tomorrow. We will see.

On a side note, I will take Pflarrian's advice and not work on the Eldar while in the US. I will wait until I get back home. That way I can focus on the Necrons too without the Eldar distracting me.

Ghostwolf
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Pflarrian, while i agree with you in principal....Tau tanks have no treads. Razz

Ghostwolf out...

Jbird
Forum Hatchetman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nor will yours when I get done with them. Mr. Green
(00:40:05) nbz: you win at the motherf***ing internet O_O
Ghostwolf
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanks? I don't need no stinking tanks! Seriously, my current (tourny winning) army configuration doesn't use tanks at all. Although, this may well change when the new SM codex comes out.

Ghostwolf out...

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Tyranids don't have tanks either... okay, okay. I know, big deal, they don't HAVE any tanks. However, my Necrons can and I won't give them one. As nice as a Monolith may be I think it looks stupid and I wouldn't even know how to paint it in the first place.

However, I'm still playing with the thought of getting a Phylon for them Twisted Evil

On a related topic, I should be able to post some photos of myh Necrons later today.

Pflarrian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*snicker*

For future reference, Ghostwolf, the Tanks do not need to have treads for the player to be a tread-head. Wink

Heck, a Tyranid player who uses lots of Carnifexes can be a tread-head. I've heard them called 'tanks' often enough for that. Mr. Green
Jbird
Forum Hatchetman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Space Marine... it's what's for dinner!"

--seen outside newly opened Kroot Fried Material on Tau'n

(00:40:05) nbz: you win at the motherf***ing internet O_O
Pflarrian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*lol!

Does this mean we get to have deep-fried Eldar for dessert? Mr. Green
Ghostwolf
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds vaguely like a challenge....not that I can't see it happening...but i think my marines, even before the new codex comes out, could whip your Tau rather badly. You think we might have a shot at getting a game together?

Ghostwolf out...

Pflarrian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here's a question for all you Warhammer players in the forum.

A few months ago, I took my OT money and spent it on... the Lord of the Rings War Mumak of Harud. That's the big honkin' elephant thing from Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, for those who don't know.

Today, I started assembling it. First off, it's bloody HUGE!!! Four times the height of one of my Warhammer Pikemen, sans the pike, of course. Second off, it's got a lot of parts, but it looks really cool, even when only partially assembled. This one's gonna take me a while, since I'm converting it to use as a Dogs of War Regiment of Renown for my Fantasy army.

Now for the big question. Having looked at it and worked on it, I just have one thought. Why, in the name of all that is... well, Warhammer, did they have to make the thing ANATOMICALLY CORRECT?!? ^0o^'

I mean, seriously! It's a big frickin' model, and they gave it a 'sheath'... It just strikes me as a little odd, that's all... But I guess I really shouldn't be too surprised, since the new Morathi model's practically nekkid... Confused
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pflarrian wrote:
Now for the big question. Having looked at it and worked on it, I just have one thought. Why, in the name of all that is... well, Warhammer, did they have to make the thing ANATOMICALLY CORRECT?!? ^0o^'

I see you have never seen one of ForgeWorld's great Knarlocs up close Wink

You are right, though... it is kinda weird...

Then again, one of the lion minis I got from Reaper is anatomically correct too... maybe it's a new trend.

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's been rather silent here... and I never posted those pics of my Necrons as I promised, so I'll do that now.

For those who are not familiar with the Warhammer 40,000 universe, the Necrons are basically a sci-fi version of undead. Millions of years ago they were living beings known as the Necrontyr but thanks to their science and the help of powerful energy beings known as the C'Tan the found a way to create mechanical bodies for themselves, even if the process left most of them less more that soulless killing machines with a cold hatred for anything alive.

Here you can see them in all their metal glory

What you see are 2500 points of Gauss firepower. My current list includes 2 Lords, 10 Immortals, 10 Flayed Ones, 56 Warriors, 10 Skarab Swarms, 3 Wraiths, 4 Destroyers, 1 Heavy Destroyer and 2 Tomb Spyders.

Let's take a closer look at them.

These are 2 of the 3 Necron Lords I build. Both are standart minis that I modified so they are equipped with a Staff of Light instead of a Phase Scythe. The one on the left was build with the blades from a Dark Elf chariot wheel and a scratch-build tip. For the one on the left I used the tip of the Staff of Light from the Destroyer Lord. That one also has the arm with the Regeneration Orb, again originally from the Destroyer Lord. The guy between them is a Pariah, powerful close combat fighter and good at shooting as well. I only have that single one but I thought I should include him for the pics. Unlike the other Necrons the Pariahs where not Necrontyr once but are made from Human beings. As such they are a recen addition to the Necron Troops and still have a fresh paint-job. So there was no drybrushing done on these but a coat of nice, shiny gloss warnish.

I also have a third Lord but more on that one later. For now, the Necron Warriors.

Necron Warriors are the basic troops. They have pretty good stats with fighting abilities and armour that can rival a Space Marine's. Plus, thanks to their Gauss Weapons they pack some mean firepower. Gauss Weapons have special rules to the effect that even the weakest have chances of bringing down the toughest enemy and cracking the thickest armour (what is the reason why Pflarr will post something to the effect of "Necrons = EVIL!!! Wink). The only downside of the Warriors is that due to the low initiative they don't stand much chance in hand to hand combat.

To bring more variety into the army I made some modifications to some of the Warriors. On the right side you see one of them rising from underneath the ground and right behind that one is one that got hit by a melta or a lascannon and is in the process of melting away.

Every Necron has amazing self-repair abilities. In my minis I have shown that in the one on the left side, who is rising from the scrap metal that he is himself. Just beside him is one who is inspecting some damage, namely a torn-off hand, which is still clutching the handle of his Gauss Flayer. That 'damage' was actually an accident I made during assembling that Warrior, but it turned out to look hillarious Smile

No special mods in this one. However, it shows nicely how many different poses one can do with the parts from the Warrior sprue.

This is the last batch (4 groups of 14 Warriors each). In the center there is one Warrior who lost his right hand but bravely keeps fighting. 2 Warriors to right is one who is charging forward into close combat. Uncharacteristic for Necrons but I like the way it turned out.

Now, the Immortals

Immortals are basically upgraded versions of the Warriors. They have better stats and more powerful weapons than their lesser brothers. Plus, they are a pain in the tail to build Razz

Flayed Ones

Flayed Ones were created solely with close combat in mind. They have Gauss Weapons. Instead they are equipped with vicious claws that they use to skin their victims and use the bloody skin to decorate their bodies. Flayed Ones are stealthy and can move silently to get close to their victims before they notice them at all. In addition to that, their terrifying looks make it difficult for their enemies to fight them properly.

Most Necrons are ridiculously easy to paint since all that is needed is a lot of drybrushing. Because of the skin these where more tricky to paint but I am rather pleased with the outcome.

The Skarab Swarms

Skarab Swarms are not really Necrons but a purely robotic contruct, created to maintain and repair the Necrons and their installations like the Stasis Tombs.

As the name implies, the Skarabs move in Swarms. While their stats are not very good at all their sheer mass means that they have a change at taking out enemies that are much tougher than they are.

The Wraiths

Wraiths are one of the coolest units the Necrons have. They move incredibly fast, are as strong as the most powerful Orc Boss, strike quicker than a Deathcult Assassin and thanks to their Phase-Shifting abilities even the most powerful weapon have troubles of even scratching them. I love these guys.

Destroyers

Destroyers bring heavy firepower into the Necron Army and to add insult to injury, they are highly mobile too. The one in the center is a Heavy Destroyer and the ones to his sides normal Destroyers. They can give off several already powerful shots while the Heavy Destroyer fires a single blast that can rip the most powerful tanks apart.

A close-up on two of the normal Destroyers. The one on the left is modfied with a second weapon arm that I had extra.

On to the Tomb Spyders.

Just like the Skarabs the Tomb Spyders are robotic constructs meant to maintain the Necrons. the Spyders are meant for heavy duty work and insanely powerful. In addition to that they are able to produce new Skarabs.

And finally...

... the Wraithlord.

Technically it is a Necron Lord with Destroyer body, Phase Shifter, Phylacties and a Flame Mask. To represent these modifications I added the spine of a Wraith to the upper body of a Destroyerlord. I love the effect. Oh, and the Skarabs on the base are just for decoration.

On a sidenote, there is a unit in the ranks of the Eldar called a Wraithlord. However, I think the name fits to this one as well Smile

Well, that's my Necron Army. I plan to make some small extensions, like more Pariahs but aside that I consider it 'done'.

Now I only have to lead them to victory... at least once Razz

elMaxx
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, great pics dude, hope to hear reports from the battlefront soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> tygon All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 17 of 20

Jump to: