Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warhammer log
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Day Two, the third Reply with quote

Pflarrian wrote:
Tygon wrote:
Day 2 Addendum 2
Final conclusion of the day: I don't like Dark Eldar.

Neither do I, which is why I play Imperial Guard and IG Armored Company.

Well, that and I like the tanks. Mr. Green

Wait till I get a Carniflex Wink

Hmmm... you've got 10 tanks... I better get a lot Carnifexes Wink

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 2:06 pm    Post subject: Day Three Reply with quote

Day 3

5 additional Dark Eldar assemble. I'm getting better Smile

I plan to have all 20 done before the day ends.

Hmmm... time to think about a color theme to paint them in.

Last edited by Tygon on Thu Jan 16, 2003 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: Day Three.Two Reply with quote

Day 3 Addendum

5 more Dark Eldar are assembled. Only 3 left. Will they be comepleted today? No question there. Will post photo of the entire Troop when it is done.

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:13 pm    Post subject: Day Three.Three Reply with quote

Day 3 Addendum 2

I'm glad to report that the Dark Eldars are fully assembled (picture tomorrow)

I'm afraid that I won't have time to work on the Space Marines tomorrow since I have a presentation to plan. Oh well, time enough for that later. I'm just glad that I got the damn Eldar done. I really don't like these guys.

I'll read more of the rulebokk before I go to bed tonight.

Conclusion of the Day: Dark Eldar are a pain to put together, but they look good as an army.

Ghostwolf
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question, what kind of glue are you using? Nice job putting them together, by the way, good poses. I ask because, while Super Glue does work well for putting the plastics together (and is a must for the metal or partly metal models), there is one small problem with it...one that you'll notice the first time you drop a model on a hard floor... the bond, while strong, is suseptable to breaking if dropped. For plastic to plastic joints I use Testors modeling glue. Takes longer to set, but it fuses the plastic. Just my two cents worth.

Ghostwolf out...

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghostwolf wrote:
Question, what kind of glue are you using? Nice job putting them together, by the way, good poses.

Thanks, Ghostwolf

Ghostwolf wrote:
I ask because, while Super Glue does work well for putting the plastics together (and is a must for the metal or partly metal models), there is one small problem with it...one that you'll notice the first time you drop a model on a hard floor... the bond, while strong, is suseptable to breaking if dropped. For plastic to plastic joints I use Testors modeling glue. Takes longer to set, but it fuses the plastic. Just my two cents worth.

Ghostwolf out...

Yeah, I've heard about that. Well, I'm indeed using superglue because we had it ready available here and, to say the truth, I don't really care. I have the Dark Eldar and the Space Marines only for practice reasons. I doubt I'll use them anymore once I got my Tyranid army.

Thanks for the advice anyway. I'll see if I can get some of that glue and try it out.

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:37 pm    Post subject: Day Four Reply with quote

Day 4

I got myself some plastic glue and will try it out today. Details about it later.

Pflarrian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Day Four Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
Day 4

I got myself some plastic glue and will try it out today. Details about it later.

Good idea, but don't misplace the superglue, Tygon. You'll need it for the carniflex and the Hive Tyrant - they're metal kits. It's also a good idea to take a hobby knife and carefully make little scratches in the surface where the glue joins are going to be - the superglue holds better that way.

So, have you tested out the rules yet? Confused
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Day Four Reply with quote

Pflarrian wrote:
Good idea, but don't misplace the superglue, Tygon. You'll need it for the carniflex and the Hive Tyrant - they're metal kits.

Not to mention the Red Terror and Old One-Eye Wink

Pflarrian wrote:
It's also a good idea to take a hobby knife and carefully make little scratches in the surface where the glue joins are going to be - the superglue holds better that way.

Thanks for the advice, I'll do that.

Pflarrian wrote:
So, have you tested out the rules yet? Confused

Nope. Not time in the last week... not to mention that I haven't yet assembled all the models.

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: Day Four.Two Reply with quote

Day 4 Addendum 1

Aaaah... I've missed the smell of plasic glue Wink

Started assembling the Space Marines. I think I made good progress. Should have them done by tomorrow. I seem to be missing one base and one backpack though Confused

More later

Pflarrian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Day Four.Two Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
Day 4 Addendum 1

I don't, but the acrylic paint smells better. Wink

Quote:
Started assembling the Space Marines. I think I made good progress. Should have them done by tomorrow. I seem to be missing one base and one backpack though Confused

More later

A silly suggestion? Don't worry about the backpack, and just use a scrap of cardboard for the missing base. You're not using these figs for your army, so it's not necessary for them to be perfect, right? I mean, they're still recognizable for what they are without those pieces, and for paytesting, that's what matters. Very Happy

Likewise, there's no rule saying you have to paint them before playtesting. By all means, use them as practice pieces, but if you try to paint all of them, and you never use any of them in an army, you may wake up one day and ask 'why did I waste the time painting all of them?' It's not a bad question to be asking yourself, and painting them does give one a sense of completion, but if you're playing Tyranids, why bother save as a means of learning the painting techniques? Confused
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Day Four.Two Reply with quote

Pflarrian wrote:
Tygon wrote:
Day 4 Addendum 1

I don't, but the acrylic paint smells better. Wink

Could be. I haven't opened any of them yet Smile

Pflarrian wrote:
Quote:

More later

A silly suggestion? Don't worry about the backpack, and just use a scrap of cardboard for the missing base. You're not using these figs for your army, so it's not necessary for them to be perfect, right? I mean, they're still recognizable for what they are without those pieces, and for paytesting, that's what matters. Very Happy

Good idea. I certainly won't fred over the imperfection.

Pflarrian wrote:
Likewise, there's no rule saying you have to paint them before playtesting. By all means, use them as practice pieces, but if you try to paint all of them, and you never use any of them in an army, you may wake up one day and ask 'why did I waste the time painting all of them?' It's not a bad question to be asking yourself, and painting them does give one a sense of completion, but if you're playing Tyranids, why bother save as a means of learning the painting techniques? Confused

Good point. I indeed do plan to use some of them as "testing ground" for painting (hey, I've never done that before!) but aside that you're right. They don't need to be painted since I don't plan to use them in my army (not that I could Smile)

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 5:58 pm    Post subject: Day Five Reply with quote

Day 5

I wasn't able to do much work today since I was very busy but I did manage a bit. The commander of the Space Marines is finished. Here is the photo.

Two more Marines are almost finished. If Luck is on my side I can finish the rest tomorrow.

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 11:30 am    Post subject: Day Six Reply with quote

Day 6

Well, that was easy. I really just had to get back into the assembling. You don't really forget such things, they just get buried deep in your mind and need to get dusted off a bit before you can use them again.

As you might have guessed, I've got the Space Marines completed. Here are they. Now let's see if I can assemble that Landspeeder too today Smile

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:42 am    Post subject: Day Seven Reply with quote

Day 7

Assembled most of the Landspeeder. Only the shooter is missing. A friend of mine will be playing the Space Marines and he hasn't yet decided which weapon he wants, the Heavy Bolter or the Multimelter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> tygon All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 2 of 20

Jump to: