Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Osama Bin Laden Is No More.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Al Quaeda has confirmed Osama's death, I think the conspiracy theory should pretty much be put to rest.

As for the "show me pictures or it didn't happen" argument, show me a picture of a quark or they don't exist.

That argument is just plain silly.

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cookie

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hikaru wrote:
Since Al Quaeda has confirmed Osama's death, I think the conspiracy theory should pretty much be put to rest.

As for the "show me pictures or it didn't happen" argument, show me a picture of a quark or they don't exist.

It's not ridiculous. I think it's perfectly fair to expect some proof. Just because you're comfortable being lied to doesn't mean I should be.

You can't honestly expect me to just believe blindly when our government has such an awful track record. Especially Obama, who hasn't really kept any promises.

AKA Mogthemoogle
GriffinX

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would like to believe that the 'one' osama bin ladin. will have encountered such a situation as this and i quote.

"i believe that osama has died, gone to the gates of heaven and there will be George Washington standing there with a bat. going 'how dare you defile that which we have created'. and starts waling one him. then the other 70 members of the continental congress come thought the gates of heaven and start kicking the sh!t out him. and osama will go 'ahhahaahh what is this? what is this? where are the virgins?' and gorge will go 'it's not 71 virgins, it is 71 Virginians you asshole.' "

and a small reminder to all Islamic terrorists who will use this line of thinking as justification... nowhere dose it say that the virgins will be of the opposite gender...

http://www.freewebs.com/griffinxango/
Syrius

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cookie wrote:
hikaru wrote:

It's not ridiculous. I think it's perfectly fair to expect some proof. Just because you're comfortable being lied to doesn't mean I should be.

You can't honestly expect me to just believe blindly when our government has such an awful track record. Especially Obama, who hasn't really kept any promises.

Easy there, cowboy. If Osama isn't dead, wouldn't it actually benefit Al Qaeda to thumb their nose and say "Neener, neener! You missed me! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!", and embarrass the US military by showing how he is still alive, like GLADOS?

hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syrius wrote:

Easy there, cowboy. If Osama isn't dead, wouldn't it actually benefit Al Qaeda to thumb their nose and say "Neener, neener! You missed me! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!", and embarrass the US military by showing how he is still alive, like GLADOS?

Exactly. As for the government lying, just how many times have they declared OBL dead before now? There are a few things that they can't risk lying about. If they WERE going to lie, I'd expect it to be just before the election to help boost President Obama's ratings.

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cookie

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just going to stop talking. Obviously my opinion counts for naught.

I want indisputable proof. That's all there is to it.

AKA Mogthemoogle
Howellfan

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cookie, it's not a question of valuing opinions. I don't think Osama's dead because I have great doubt in the potential of some within our government to pull such a stunt. It's just a matter of applying those most useful pseudo-laws of skeptical inquiry - the laws of parsimony and minimal assumption - to the facts at hand, and reaching an independent conclusion on the matter.

What must we propose to conclude Osama is alive?

What must we propose to conclude Osama is dead?

We're merely claiming that multiple, converging lines of reason, based only on the facts on record, render it far more likely - far 'simpler' if you will - that he is, in fact, dead.

If you have some line of evidence, or reason, to alter that reading, I'll take it as seriously as anyone else's. Smile

Put it this way: Some things about the JFK shooting stink. Why have his car immediately cleaned in the hospital parking garage? In the related RFK murder, the film of one photogropher, who insists and is on tape stating categorically to agents immediately after the shooting that he shot three rolls of film, the second including the shooting itself - and may well even be photographed in the act of shooting the assassination itself! - comprised only a single roll when releaseed decades later, absent the shots of interest, which promptly disappeared from the rear seat of a court courrier after stopping for a flat tire on the way from the airport!

Yet, you'd have about thirty seconds to catch my interest with any conspiracy claims. Why?

Because by all available evidence, the 'magic' bullet - wasn't, multiple digital an physical recreations unanimously affirm two fatal shots, from the right window, with the right owner of the rifle and belongings found therein a navigable distance from said wiindow within the same building a minute after the crime, and said owner demonstrably capable of such an act, having attempted the assassination of another public official mere months earlier. In other words:Though something still 'feels off', doubt proposes, the record disposes. For now.

As a personal matter, I couldn't care what a fellow board member's opinion on Osama's death. Has no bearing on my opinion of them. But purely in terms of pursuasive argument -

Do you have a line of reason, or evidence, that renders a
'fraudulant kill' - or even simple misidentification - less unlikely?

As I said, not closed. Just skeptical. Wink
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cookie wrote:
I'm just going to stop talking. Obviously my opinion counts for naught.

I want indisputable proof. That's all there is to it.

Indisputable proof does not exist. All someone has to do is say "I dispute it" and the idea of something being beyond contestation goes down the drain.

The man, as far as I am concerned, is dead. Claiming he has been killed, if in fact he remains alive, would be complete political suicide. One Al Qaeda video recording of Osama bin Laden, saying "they said they killed me on *insert date* in Abbotabad, but they were lying. I am still here" and the entire government would be discredited beyond repair.

Frankly, Cookie, while I like you in general, this smacks a little of you wanting to disagree for the sake of disagreeing.

If they showed you video footage of the man being shot, or the photos of his corpse, I somehow doubt that would count as "indisputable proof" to you. After all, all someone would have to say is "That's not Osama, but one of his body-doubles" or "that photo has been doctored" and then it would not longer be indisputable, now would it?

Your opinion counts, but apparently, logical arguments don't seem to affect you in this case, and therefore, you can't expect the rest of us to agree with you.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cookie

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I wanted was some proof. Is it so bad that I thought it might be to our benefit to question the validity?

Well bravo, you've humiliated me again PF. How dare I question anything while Obama is in office? Stupid me.

AKA Mogthemoogle
Tora_Frogg
Divided by Zero

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cookie wrote:
All I wanted was some proof. Is it so bad that I thought it might be to our benefit to question the validity?

Well bravo, you've humiliated me again PF. How dare I question anything while Obama is in office? Stupid me.

That's a written confession of guilt. Careful buddy, the NSA is watching you.

/sarcasm

I agree that I would like evidence of his death. I doubt that he is alive, unless the government was working with him to begin with, but still, evidence of such a claim would quickly settle the minds of those with doubts.

Michael 03/22/15
Jonathan 04/10/15
Cookie

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tora Hinomoto wrote:
Cookie wrote:

That's a written confession of guilt. Careful buddy, the NSA is watching you.

/sarcasm

I agree that I would like evidence of his death. I doubt that he is alive, unless the government was working with him to begin with, but still, evidence of such a claim would quickly settle the minds of those with doubts.

See now, here's somebody who gets what I'm trying to say.

And just when I was thinking I was all alone. X3

AKA Mogthemoogle
Major Ivy

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Obama announced they had killed Bin Laden, he said that he had given the order to go in and the order to kill OBL. Like usual Obama tried to grab all the glory for himself.

Now the UN is making noises like it wants to prosecute those responsible for the killing of OBL.

So I think if Obama was lying he would have brought out proof by now to save himself.

Of course that would also prove that he lied about OBL being dead too.
PrincessB

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert Einstein
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.

When one stops questioning, be that as big as the government or as small as 'who didn't replace the toilet paper roll' then they stop thinking and begin merely taking up space in our already over crowded world.

Since back in 2007 the Prime Minister of Pakistan stated that she personally knew the person who had killed Osama it makes total sense to question what all went on just recently. Someone is not telling the truth and since none of us were personally there, none of us can know who is lying so we should be asking for proof from the man that very much controls our lives.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tommy Fox Stone
Post Master

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now the Real Story behind Osama's burial at sea...

http://www.thebigshow.com/video_day/videoNew.php

Doctor Of PF
CSA.

PrincessB

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHA Tommy! I love it!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: