Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Osama Bin Laden Is No More.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:24 am    Post subject: Osama Bin Laden Is No More. Reply with quote

As the news have been stating for most of the night, and later verified by President Obama, US Troops have found and killed Osama Bin Laden today (5/1/11).

I'd rather not say my personal feeling of this, nor do I want this to become a political flame of a rant box for others with ulterior motives. Just stating the facts. Opinions are welcomed.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Alexi

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will simply say this. As a member of the armed forces to you, the american people who are my employers.

You're welcome.

Teric

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexi: To you and your comrades, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I realize that Bin Laden's death likely won't stop terrorism, but it is a major symbolic blow to their cause. It shows that those who attack the United States and its allies will sooner or later be brought to justice.
Katra

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best use for an old terrorist. Fish food. Twisted Evil
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news to get out of bed to. But I agree with the commentators who say that while the symbolism of his death is very important, and while it no doubt helps America heal some wounds, the impact will be less than we think. His organization had already lost the most important battle of their existence, and it was not a battle fought with guns and bullets ... but in the hearts and minds of the very people they wished to subjugate in the entire middle east.

The revolutions running like wildfire all over the place in the region was pure poison to Bin Laden and those like him.

But that did not stop me from smiling all through the day, at the thought that he was finally dead.

Richly deserved.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tommy Fox Stone
Post Master

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katra wrote:

I feel sorry for the fish Laughing but not for that SOB Bin Laden I've glad he's dead, Thak you Alexi and the U.S. Military...

Doctor Of PF
CSA.

Cookie

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eeeeeeeehhhh...

Pictures or it didn't happen.

I want proof of dead Osama.

AKA Mogthemoogle
Howellfan

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Eeeeeeeehhhh...

This was an operation carried out by ~40 spc. forces, culminating from a chain of evidence gathered by the work of hundreds of intelligence personnel over the course of many months( yes yes, built on the years of work preceeding it ), watched live by the president and staff as it happened, then publicly announced in a formal address by a president supremely savvy - whatever else you believe about him - of the 'brand management' side of politics. Plus - unless you propose yet another level of conspiratorial intelligence B.S.-ing. - the CIA confirms DNA match.

And last, but most importantly - the utter idiocy of faking his death.(How many reasons why can you name in 60 seconds? Laughing )

*Ahem* BY THE CUT OF OCCAMS BLADE -

Dude dead.

Gone

Fin

Bye bye.

He is an ex-wingnut. Razz
Syrius

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, he drank some of his own poison.
tijn

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it really took a bit of time to sink in.
It gave a strange feeling.

Difficult to describe, but all attempts to do so start out with thinking it 'good' and feeling 'happy'.

Burn in hell idiot. (or whatever he might have believed in.)
Tommy Fox Stone
Post Master

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katra wrote:

If the fish and crabs eat him you know what that means he couild end up on some ones dinner plate...

New coming this summer from the Gordon Fisherman, Bin Laden Crabcakes and fishesticks... Twisted Evil

Doctor Of PF
CSA.

Cookie

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howellfan wrote:
Quote:
Eeeeeeeehhhh...

This was an operation carried out by ~40 spc. forces, culminating from a chain of evidence gathered by the work of hundreds of intelligence personnel over the course of many months( yes yes, built on the years of work preceeding it ), watched live by the president and staff as it happened, then publicly announced in a formal address by a president supremely savvy - whatever else you believe about him - of the 'brand management' side of politics. Plus - unless you propose yet another level of conspiratorial intelligence B.S.-ing. - the CIA confirms DNA match.

And last, but most importantly - the utter idiocy of faking his death.(How many reasons why can you name in 60 seconds? Laughing )

*Ahem* BY THE CUT OF OCCAMS BLADE -

Dude dead.

Gone

Fin

Bye bye.

He is an ex-wingnut. Razz

I honestly can't tell if you are mocking me or not.

AKA Mogthemoogle
Howellfan

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

No! Shocked

Only listing multiple lines of argument why Osama is, in fact, almost certainly dead.

What came across as mocking? Confused The 'Occam's blade' line was a reference to Occam's razor - 'All things being equal, the simplest explanation is usually the correct one.'

And it would, in fact, be a very foolish idea to falsely claim they got Osama. If that statement came across as condescending, I apolagise - it wasn't by design. The logical arguments against errant notions often are only obvious after you focus on the right questions, but humorously so in retrospect - in this case: Weighning the potential payoffs and risks, is it likely this administration would choose such a course? In my eyes absolutely not; The downsides are astronomical.

Or did the end sound like a put-down? Confused I was attempting a bit of humor. You know, ex-wingnut, ex-parrot. The famous Monty Python skit? Anybody? ....*puff, puff*, Is this thing on?

But - *sigh* - once again, it seems my attempts at clever humor tend to bring my chronic foot-in-mouth disease to the surface. I give up. Confused

Again, sorry if I came across as mocking. Sad

Though, I still say Osama's an ex coo-coo. Razz
ScottyDM

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cookie wrote:

I don't think he is, but there are plenty of others who will want photographic truth too. Our Prez isn't going to give it to them, citing the gruesome and sensational nature of the photos.

I would have preferred they keep the body -- but that would show disrespect for the Muslim religion, which insists its followers be buried within 24 hours of death. Burial at sea isn't the preferred Muslim method, but is required for a death at sea when landfall is over 24 hours away.

Maybe they should have taken him alive -- but I understand the team was given orders to kill him, unless he positively surrendered. Reports say that although unarmed he didn't do that. Of course having an alive Bin Laden is problematic -- the USA is supposed to be the world's model for legal procedure. Dragging him through the courts for years would be an international nightmare. On the other hand Saudi Arabia is no friend of Bin Laden. If we'd given him to them they might hold a quick trial and then behead the guy, in public, or not. But it's a nice fantasy.

If the plan was to hide the body at sea, then why take it? I get that we didn't want a shrine to Bin Laden set up somewhere in the world. But if we had no plans to store the body to show to a few international representatives, then maybe we should have just left it. For all Pakistan knows, we killed the wrong guy then took the body to justify the military invasion of their country.

There appear to be no good choices. Perhaps offending a few of our Muslim friends would be the least problematic. We should have put the body on ice.

Pakistan:

Technically, we invaded Pakistan. We didn't tell them before the invasion. But telling them would have been the stupidest move ever.

There was (and is) some thought that a few Pakistani officials are also Bin Laden supporters. Once we got the tip, and it took years to get it, it took almost a year to confirm his location. There is no way we could have told Pakistan.

As Calvin of Calvin and Hobbes used to say, "Better to ask forgiveness than permission."

I believe we did get him for the reason that if we didn't then the real Bin Laden would pop up and we'd look stupid. Unfortunately, someone's going to try to fake his continued existence.

S~

Cookie

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Howellfan

Don't sweat it. I am far too accustomed to people mocking me for my, as they often put it, "uneducated right-wing redneck" points of view. Even though I am not right wing at all. Seems if I don't agree with leftists entirely then I MUST be to the opposite extreme. Confused

So like I said, I really couldn't tell. I had not assumed that you were, but I did consider the possibility based on my own experiences.

@ ScottyDM

Frankly I would rather have offended Muslims and/or set eyes on blood and gore than to have my government, for the millionthy-billionthy time, condescend and lie to me.

Real Americans can -and should- take some degree of bloody visual death without having to run to the psychiatrist for some useless pills; and Muslims will just have to get over it. Offending any religion is not a major concern of mine.

If Obama has truly seen this country through the death of Bin Laden then I say it his responsibility and unquestionable obligation to provide absolute proof to the American people. Until somebody does this, I will remain skeptical.

I have no love for our government. To me it's a machine that keeps crashing, and I demand at least some manner of efficiency.

AKA Mogthemoogle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: