Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need some serious advice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: I need some serious advice. Reply with quote

Here, read through this emo thread of mine-

http://www.planetfurry.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11131

So I'm leaving, I'm not, I am, I'm not... In out and around. As you can see I'm arguing with myself.

Here's what I need from you. I have reached a serious mental breaking point. Does anybody here have any advice on how to mellow out from extreme stress?

I'm not kidding. I'm slipping back into a very real and frightening mental condition I haven't dealt with since I was a teen. I won't go into too much detail but I will say that I am not making it up. I'm having some real trouble here.

I really need an injection of happy before I do something really stupid. Could hurt myself, could be somebody else.

Need zen. What can I do?

AKA Mogthemoogle
tobi3B

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I know what you mean Cookie
my first advice is to reflect why you are slipping in that mental state
I mean there must be something that bugs you think it through and talk with your friends/familie about it to get differrent views than take some time for yourself go for a walk or visit the cinema and take a breather from all and I mean all
after that you should look and see if your vision cleared up
Hope that helps a bit
and here is something for a good smirk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHFrMz6ELHo&feature=player_embedded

[br]Feed Me![br]Adopted from Valenth
Cookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will see what I can do. Thank you. :3

AKA Mogthemoogle
Rabbit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no therapist, but it strikes me how much you seem to look to others for happiness and self-validation. Perhaps it might help you to consider that perhaps the only one you _really_ need to please is yourself. Or perhaps not-- again, I'm no therapist.
Cookie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rabbit wrote:
I'm no therapist, but it strikes me how much you seem to look to others for happiness and self-validation. Perhaps it might help you to consider that perhaps the only one you _really_ need to please is yourself. Or perhaps not-- again, I'm no therapist.

I do.

I've never tasted true confidence. I've never really liked anything about me. Typical I know.

I unhinge very easily.

AKA Mogthemoogle
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A wise person once said to me:

"The three most difficult words for a human being to say, contrary to popular belief, is not "I love you," but "Please, help me!"

We all want to be self sustaining. We all want to be the big, bad alpha who can take on the world and charge it, head on and knock it out without breaking a sweat.

The sad truth is, Cookie, few of us work that way. I, for my part, have gone many, many years ... most of my life ... having no self esteem and no self confidence. This has taught me the difference between the two things. These days, I have loads of self confidence, because I have accomplished things that I have received loads of positive feedback on, but I still have no ... or only very little ... self esteem.

I don't LIKE myself.

I doubt I ever will, and I doubt I'll ever understand what it is others like about me, even though many have tried to explain it to me.

What I've learned is ... I don't need to know. I really don't. And neither do you, because believe me ... you are unlikely to ever understand it. Not because you don't want to know, because you clearly do, as do I. But people like you and me generally do not understand this kind of thing.

What we need to do us accept that people like us.

And that is good enough. You ARE liked. People here think the world of your antics. You're fun, your whacky, you're off-colour ... what's not to like? And no, don't answer that. What matters is that people like those like you and me, who can't see why, regardless of how many times it's explained. We can't understand because we are simply do not believe these positive things that people say about us. We say "Thank you" and "How nice of you" ... and deep in our hearts, we don't honestly believe a word of it.

But we don't have to like us. As long as others do. And they do.

You've asked for help. That takes a lot of strength. A LOT ... probably more than you think.

And for that you have my respect.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Syrius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I echo Rabbit's thoughts that validation from others is not what you should be looking for, I have to tell you the times we have crossed words, you came off as a fun person to talk to. Hope that helps a little.
Cookie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aslaug: Those are some very accurate and provoking words man. I took that to heart.

Syrius: Really? I always thought I came off as a jerk.

AKA Mogthemoogle
Rabbit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cookie wrote:
Aslaug: Those are some very accurate and provoking words man. I took that to heart.

Syrius: Really? I always thought I came off as a jerk.

Most people think far worse of themselves than others do. You're probably no exception. I've certainly never thought ill of you.
Alexi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cookie, I've never met you in person but from here, I have come to respect you very much. I will look into some of my meditations and writings to see what I can dig up for you to try. I will also consult a few of my wife's bhudist texts as well.

Hopefully one of us here can help you find what you need to get where you need to go.

The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know where you're at, Cookie. Stress is my constant companion these days, and I could tell you a hundred ways to deal with it that do not work. I've tried 'em, and am still struggling with a few.

My best advice: listen to Aslaug. I don't have the words to describe her level and depth of real world knowledge on this particular subject, but I can guarantee that she has lived and dealt with where we are. She has helped me in more ways than I even fully realize.

She's a god fur, as you are. Enough said. Keep plugged in. You have common ground here. Drop me a PM if the notion strikes you.

SC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: