Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Test of Time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The BioCobra

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aslaug and Time. Unstoppable Force (quite literally), meet Immovable Object.

Well, I have a little confession to make to those of you who aren't the filly. I had to have the other chapters of this story sent to me to help with my story. That doesn't mean that I won't still be leaving these little thoughts and opinions of what is there. The way I see it, the more feedback, the better, be it good or bad.

I can sort of see why Aslaug would be traumatised by what happened. Of course, I can't possibly know what it's like. I've never had someone save me only to be killed by an ally because of lack of voice. But, to me, it could only take someone as already nuts as Aslaug to then go on to come to the conclusion that she should never lose or fail again because of it. If it were me, I'd be traumatised, and then probably become a raging drunk. (Not that I would ever intentionally to do such a thing as crawl into a bottle. Such a thing as that is way too close to home for me to crack wise about it, if you know what I mean...)

Aside from that, I don't feel I can say much else about the rest. Well, John Henry is still making his way towards his part in things, and so is Tigermark. Again it's the build-up to something bigger, so it doesn't as stick in my sleep-deprived mind as the clincher of this nugget of literary wonder. I may, therefore, have more to say about the other sides of the story with the next chapter.

Until then, farewell all.

Cobra out.

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of [fur]kind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza." — Dave Barry
Frazikar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk about a name to live up (or down) to!!!!

Course, the younger is going to be ... enchanted? entharlled? ... with the present, once the initial shock is over (maybe) and there's a (very?) steep learning curve ahead...(a few cliffs, large unstable rocks, uneven terrain, the usual)

Oh yea, almost forgot, Time speechless - again [good answer, filly]!!
The BioCobra

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Umm, filly? I don't like being a finicky git here, but you have forgotten to mention in the copyright disclaimer that Constantine is my intellectual property. I know you've acknowledged it in later chapters anyway, but I noticed you haven't here. Just thought I'd let you know...)

But either way, that's not the important thing. The important thing is that now Tigermark has also joined the Choir Invisible. And I think it was done very well. A good bit of reading with emotion and a certain inevitability. Very cinematic in its own way. I found myself moved by it in its own way.

Aside from that, I do so love John Henry's nonchalance at this stage in proceedings, and yes, I won't hide it, it gives me a little buzz to see my character appear in your work. But I like everything slowly coming together and falling apart in all the plots combined. The build-up is becoming all the more obvious, and I'm anxious to give my opinion of the conclusion.

Ta, then.

Cobra out.

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of [fur]kind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza." — Dave Barry
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oi, I simply forgot, but for the record, Constantine IS the intellectual property of the BioCobra, just so there is no doubt.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Frazikar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being rushed a bit with the muse there filly???

Anyway - owie...that's gonna leave a mark
bastion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's up...

My groovy death metal band, Prevail
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
The BioCobra

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, Constantine... still the same smarmy, audacious, sarcastic magnificent bastard as ever. As I've said before to you, filly, you've certainly got the right vocabulary and attitude that Constantine is meant to deliver. The added haughtiness in regards to conversing with the American John Henry is implemented in a manner I find faithful.

Moving on, the emotion that Aslaug displays at the loss of even more friends, is certainly very moving. I found it relatively believable, even if I had to pause for thought at the hammy climax. But then I expect that is how anyone would really react, or at least something along similar lines. Also, I like Haldana quite a bit. I might have to use her for a cameo in one of my stories. Who knows...

And then the Warriors Three (Yes, I did just call them that... Razz). And now that they've got the Old Git of the troop, everything's set on their end. (You'd almost think I was deliberately poking fun at these other Viking characters, wouldn't you?)

And John Henry has, at last, found the final pieces of the great puzzle of saving everything, and demonstrates the final level of his development as a character. And he matured so nicely over the course of everything. He is, in his own weird way, a very likeable character. I, for one, will look forward to seeing him enact his plan and do it with all hat he has learned, and may yet still learn...

Much has been said, and we'll see if I can be similarly comprehensive with the next chapter... probably not. Either way, I look forward to next time.

Cobra out.

Frazikar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joy, oh joy, it's a ... err ... why does this look like a classic setup of force versus block??

There's gotta be a twist somewhere...(*goes to re-reading story*)
Frazikar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, a twist - nasty one too...
bastion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So....the final chapters, Chapter 20 and Chapter 21, are up now.

My groovy death metal band, Prevail
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
The BioCobra

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And so it ends.

Sorry I didn't post a review of the last chapter, but for some reason I just couldn't bring myself to. Anyway, I plan to try and make up for it here.

Chapter 20: Well, what can I say? Violence, death, destruction, revelation. It fulfilled its purpose as the 'crescendo chapter' as I like to call it. It brought the emotion and the drama and the plot all to a head and exploded. (forgive the melodrama, but bear with me, eh?) The extent of the cultures shown in the slaughter and the message conveyed is very poignant and sinks in well. By the way, I never explicitly said this to you, filly, but I did like the interpretation of pre-fallen Constantine in this chapter.

Chapter 21: The aftermath chapter. Everything folds back in and opens up the avenue for the sequel that will never come. Well, not from your good self, filly, at any rate. It certainly ends the story being told neatly and very well, but it does succeed in the obvious point of setting up future stories. That will always make me feel a little sad, but it's not worth dwelling on too much.

Well, that's it. I've been with this story as much as I could, and dithered my way through each review with reams of superfluous verbiage. It's been a superb journey, and it's been a staple of my own writing for the year or so it's been around in one form or another. Hopefully, I'll get back to writing about Constantine, Kester, and Aslaug very soon. Either way, thank you for this story, filly. It's pretty much the swan song of your furry writing, and you've certainly made it an inspiring and thought-provoking read. Wink

Cobra out.

Frazikar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One cycle down and (and maybe) another stating up (somewhere)...

Of course, it's a bit of 'The King is dead, long live the King!' but what else is new...

Re-engaging lurking mode...
dsquare1111

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BioCobra wrote:
And so it ends.

I'll get back to writing about Constantine, Kester, and Aslaug very soon. Either way, thank you for this story, filly. It's pretty much the swan song of your furry writing, and you've certainly made it an inspiring and thought-provoking read. Wink

Cobra out.

I also would like to thanks Aslung for sharing these adventures with us. I have to say, it was great, following along as each twist and turn unfolded. Applause

Like all great story tellers, you have left me longing for more. I understand all good thing much come to an end, I will peak in from time to time hoping for another journey into your world.

Please don't stay away to long.

P.S. : "Constantine?" Where can I read about THIS character?
Frazikar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
P.S. : "Constantine?" Where can I read about THIS character?

Oh, Bio's got him stashed somewhere...seems to have lost it a couple millenia ago and has been getting better, slowly...
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, I won't stay away for too long at all. I will be posting something but what that will be is anyone's guess. I've even toyed with the idea of going back to AVC and re-doing that with human characters just for comparison Very Happy But that's still in the future.

Don't you worry, I am NOT gone ... just taking some time off Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: