Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Test of Time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frazikar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Time playing the end of time card (already??)

Is our young Chronomancer getting a handle on his abilities?

Is the filly getting the band back together (again?)??

Is Tigermark going to get a diploma for his 'surgical' skills (nah, just the usual Dark Agent referal)??

Is ... ('Nuff already, the Angelic Duo are closing in, maybe...)
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next chapter will turn things upside down, and that's a fact. Just you wait, guys ... just you wait. I don't think anyone saw this one coming.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Frazikar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, O Henry, Hitchcock, Doyle or (K, who next for 'out-of-left-field)??
bastion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 13 is up. I felt a disturbance in the Force...

My groovy death metal band, Prevail
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
The BioCobra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"What a twist!"

DUN. DUN. DUUUUUUUUN!!! Shock horror! One third/quarter of the old crowd is no more. You say that no-one saw this this coming but, well, you probably know why I DID, filly... Either way, it is a bit less of an event to sink in for me than most. I don't know if that because of why I knew Aramis would pass on or not, but it's possible. Either that, or I just wasn't as invested in the character.

John Henry. Who wouldn't enjoy the simple pleasure of a BLT sandwich... I wouldn't, actually. I'd just have a bacon sandwich. It is perfection for my taste buds, so adding the unnecessary chaff of lettuce and tomato is nigh sacrilegious. Joking aside, John Henry is now taking the next phase in maturing to the world he lives in now. That's pretty much what he is to me. The story on his side is about achieving maturity of being, just on a scale so huge that no-one here would want to do the same thing.

Aslaug's side of it. Well, this story for her is simply about memories and reclaiming her Scandinavian comrades-in-arms. I see a HUGE amount of build-up for a later and larger pay-off, as opposed to Tigermark and Aramis who have just had a pay-off in this chapter for their story of investigation and knowledge, and John Henry who doesn't so much have the same build-up, pay-off style that the others have. Each part of the story is made to feel unique for it, and is a sign of good writing skill on your behalf, filly, as ever.

Anyway, I could say more, but I'll just have to kick myself about that later.

Tatty bye! Cobra out.

P.S. Because I can't NOT put the clip up of my initial quote... Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdhhQhqi_AE

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of [fur]kind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza." — Dave Barry
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A small disturbance?

I have to tell ya, when I read this chapter during the proofing, I was shocked!

Still haven't seen everything, though . . .

Mr. Green

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was scared half to death of what the reactions would be like when I sent this off for proofing. I hadn't tipped off any of the gang to what I was planning, except that it was something very big and significant, and let's just say I got some very, very surprised reactions back.

But everyone seemed to agree it was the best possible way for Aramis to go.

However, as Kellan hints, this actually is only the beginning of a turn of events that will change the ALN/ALS universe for good. Even if I go back to it at a later date, I'd have to abide by what this story brings.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Frazikar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see, it's very, very, VERY rare that a sacrifice isn't accepted...

As the playing field is prepared, the entry by it's contestents (by whatever means), and other miscellany items must be done before the main event can start...

[What piece(s) of the puzzle are missing/misplaced??]
bastion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newest chapter is up...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
The BioCobra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaaaand with the arrival of the third Viking happy camper, and the end of this chapter, we now enter what I perceive as 'Act 3'. And boy is it's entry into the world a bloody spectacle to behold.

This is where, I must admit, I finally began to see blatantly how the threads are coming together.

But, for a change, I don't feel like I can write a huge review. Not because of lack of enjoyment or depth, but I honestly don't know what else to say that won't just be a summary of what the chapter reads.

That said, I'm still looking forward to the next one.

Cobra out.

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of [fur]kind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza." — Dave Barry
Frazikar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Here's the wind up and the pitch...
"High and tight - that's gonna empty the benches...

---

Time is speechless, how often does that happen??
Frazikar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, speechless due to a hand 'round her throat...

Quote:
...too soon old and too late smart...

ya know, JH really needs to borrow some of TM's experience...
The BioCobra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE.

To be honest, I wasn't expecting Tigermark to be able to do that. I'll leave an explanation until it presents itself in the story, if that happens. However, as we all know, once something that thinks it is invincible is revealed to be vulnerable, that makes them more dangerous than ever before. John Henry knows that now...

Also, it is always at the most inconvenient times when someone needs or wants to get a point across, as in Aslaug's case. When they do get it across without fuss, the bloke on the receiving end is usually too arrogant to listen. Such if life and fate and all that jazz. Just because it's the unwritten law of reality, it doesn't mean I don't get to bitch about it like my life depended on it.

And finally, the quote at the top is my response to the evil night-time undead attack. I shall leave it in your paws to sate your curiosity by Googling it.

Indtil næste gang, Hoppe. Wink

Cobra out.

bastion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New chapter is up...

Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went back to read this chapter again and I have to say, I never tire of reading Aslaug's works.

This chapter sets up the story-line for the next chapter to come. There are still some deep revelations to be found in this one, however. Good reading.

. . . and as I like to say, you haven't seen nothing yet . . . Shocked

Just as a side note, the timeline for this chapter puts it just about between chapters 1 and 2 of "Redemption".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: