Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Test of Time
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Test of Time Reply with quote

Hey all

I'm stuck on Transitions IV. For a whole, complicated load of reasons, I'm just stuck on it and I have no idea how to move on. Which means that this week, we'll begin posting (or rather, Bastion will be posting) the first chapter of the next Aslaug-story, called Test of Time. It's a long one, like the former one was, and it's gotten some of the strongest reactions I've ever received from my proofreaders on ANYTHING I've written.

Before posting it, I want everyone to know why I wrote it. First of all, I thought it would be a good idea to get some back-story on Aslaug. Who was she, before the Amigos found her? What was her life like? What did she do or experience to make her as hard and uncompromising as she is?

How did she specifically influence history in her reality?

And while doing that, I wanted to write a story in which she doesn't save the day in her usual manner, by storming in, axes whirling, hacking down everything in her path. That is not always the way to go, after all.

Oh, and how did her voice end up being ruined the way it is? Remember, she speaks in a very broken, hoarse, rasping voice. She sounds like someone with a bad case of tonsilitis after smoking 60 Camels and drinking two pints of Jack D.

Why?

All that, and more, in Test of Time ... coming right up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all-

I just thought I would add a bit here. This story follows "Defiance" and it goes to prove that no good deed goes unpunished. I proofed this one so I know that there will be times that you will re-read a paragraph, jaw hanging and wonder, "Did I just read that?"

AS far as that backstory she promises, you will be shocked. This is a very worthy story that leaves you wondering how the filly ever kept her sanity at all.

Kel

Frazikar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...leaves you wondering how the filly ever kept her sanity at all...

She caught it on the rebound (bruised and off-centered)??
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Good one Frazikar Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guarantee you won't expect half the twists in this story. Sit down, tighten your seat belt, it's going to be a bumpy read.

TM

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Frazikar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moments, moments...

[Fame is fleeting, fame is fleeting...]

(Would you pipe down, I'm trying to live the moment here...)

Aaarrggh, I'm still too early!!!
bastion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, you're an impatient lot - or rather, Frazikar is an impatient lot. Anywho, the first chapter of ToT is up!

My groovy death metal band, Prevail
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
The BioCobra

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, come now... Regin Smiđur?! You have officially just made my night, Aslaug! A brilliant start to a grim epic. Without trying to go into over-the-top suck-up mode, words cannot describe how much I anticipate the rest of this, and how it will inevitably shock me to the core! I'm a-watchin' now... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of [fur]kind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza." — Dave Barry
Frazikar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
or rather, Frazikar is an impatient lot

'Course I am when there's good stuff to be had...although I'm tryin to decide is 'we're getting the band back together' is enough of a comment or just prophetic...
ghostcat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Aslags diary/journal (?) will show up in a later book?

It is beginning to look like old home week with flashbacks, and twists are anticipated.
Good start!!

waiting for the next post,

ghostcat
bastion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No flashbacks this time, but a visit to a long abandoned place. This weeks chapter is up...

My groovy death metal band, Prevail
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
The BioCobra

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... With this chapter, of course, it's more about reminiscence and build-up than anything, so I can't say I find it drastically different from the first chapter. Not to say that's a bad thing, it's just I don't want to say over and over the same thing when each individual chapter can have its unique praise. And I do like the anticipation, and also the memories Aslaug evokes. Characters like hers live half in a world of their own nostalgia, thinking about times when things seemed a little simpler, better, or else just... different.

Anyway, I also like just how despicable you've made the personification of Time appear. I could feel a scheme oozing out her every word. Yes, Era Tempus is certainly seeming to be up to no good.

Watching and waiting, as always... Wink Very Happy

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of [fur]kind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza." — Dave Barry
Frazikar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, the filly's taking a 'time out' ... wait a min, that means ...

Quote:
'It's gonna be a bumpy ride...'

Quote:
'Lock it down and secure everything. We've got a major ...'

Quote:
'Once more into the breach...'

Quote:
'I should have made a left turn at ...'
Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear me. ^_^
I could definitely see Aslaug storming the Pearly Gates to talk to someone, if the need was there. ^_^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm ... I've been drawing recently. I should be saying I've been drawing [i]again[/ ]. Once in a while, I feel like trying again and it usually doesn't work out the way I want it.

Except this time, I actually drew Aslaug ... and BioCobra's character, Constantine.

Both as they look when human, admittedly. I just cannot get my hands to work with anthros. I'm thinking of getting them scanned and posted on the gallery. Maybe.

Under the title "Roadmap and Bohunk" possibly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: