Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Test of Time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frazikar

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hnmmnm, 6' 6" to 6' 9", probably weighing in at 210-225 (maybe a bit heavier due to a more developed upper body/arms)...

Nordic styled face with native American cheekbones, I can so see that...

Hair (could range from black to blond or anywhere in between, though I think it tends toward the lighter shades)...shoulder length or maybe a 'butch cut' on a normal basis...

Bust - High B/low C range

Lean, but not chiseled, enough 'fat' in the right places for 'curves' (or padding - on the arms, legs and abs)...

* leaves the rugs and drapes comments to biocobra *
The BioCobra

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frazikar wrote:
* leaves the rugs and drapes comments to biocobra *

Rugs and drapes? What?!

D'you know, I'd pay an absolute mint to understand how your mind works sometimes, Frazikar.

The images of Cory Everson actually do help break the mould for me, in a way. I think I prefer the mental image of Aslaug based around that than what I had before. Now it's just the face I need to think about...

And by the way, dear Filly, I am very much real. This particular snake decided Ireland needed a few snakes again and emigrated straight into your field of vision. So...
You know what, it's just not worth it now. I'll give up the 'P word' for a little while 'till my energy comes back. So how about we negotiate peace for the moment? Question Rolling Eyes

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of [fur]kind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza." — Dave Barry
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh? I'm hearing hissing voices again. Or voice ... singular. Tsk tsk, I need to stop imagining things like that. After all, if St. Paddy says there are no snakes in Ireland, there are no snakes in Ireland, and the snakes in the zoos are just lizards too lazy to grow legs!

So there!

*Picks up an irish pork sausage and munches happily*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The BioCobra

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you allowing yourself to believe the whims and wishes of a Christian saint, dear filly? Forgive my terrible impertinence, but I am, after all, a serpent. I enjoy a conniving nature and a gilded, if poisonous, tongue... *chuckles evilly*

But I digress, you do yourself a disservice by following the word of dear Paddy, filly. And your devotion to Irish culture does make a real vichyssoise of you. I do hope the fresh Irish air has not in any way addled your sharp and capable mind.

Ach, I'm only messing. You know I like you really. But I am here, filly. I am hardly a figment of your admittedly fertile imagination. If I was, I wouldn't be able to do this, now would I?

*friendly hug*

Happy days. Good times. Peace out. The Cobra has spoken.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of [fur]kind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza." — Dave Barry
Frazikar

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
D'you know, I'd pay an absolute mint to understand how your mind works sometimes, Frazikar.

Now I'll have to rumage around to see if I have a spare mint to find out...but who do I give the mint to?
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to say, this has been good so far and I do hope to see others chip in with their opinions on what they imagine she would look like. Or any of my other characters for that matter.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Frazikar

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, found a spare mint, but it's not in good condition...hmmm...maybe I better look for another...
bastion

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 9 is up. Lotsa bloodshed in this one...

My groovy death metal band, Prevail
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
The BioCobra

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you remember, filly, that the very first time we ever spoke on Skype in October last year, you read out the execution extract to me through your computer. I was as taken in by it then, as I am taken in by it now. But I wasn't particularly shocked by it; not even back then. I suppose I just grew mentally prepared for it, as I had already begun work on my small part of this whole universe. It still has a huge impact on me, I think, and I now find, in the context of the rest of the story so far, it really shows me just how far past the point-of-no-return Aslaug had reached.

From where I am, it makes me think a lot and question what I am going to do with my writing. The whole point of Aslaug and her tragedy is that near-as-dammit complete loss of innocence.

I have to write about how Constantine now has to try (and quite likely fail) to help her rebuild herself like that, but even just ultimately come to terms with that in her, as the thought of being unable to even remotely help her when she really needs it in that regard will be utterly torturous for him.

And while I still really want to write about this, it really does challenge me to write about something like that, that I am not always comfortable writing, and have to think so incredibly deeply about what is not only appropriate, but also realistic to such dire circumstances.

So, happy days, eh?

Anyway, BioCobra does waffle on. Chapter good, engaging and makes me think. No grammar issues, thankfully. All things accounted for. I will now shut up.

Frazikar

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time is...

...a game, yes, a deep game, possibly... Laughing

Is the filly's flashbacks tied to the young chronomancer or is it just another 'clue' to Time's current game... Wink

OF course, time always gives hints, but most are more subtle than observed...
bastion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 10 is up...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
The BioCobra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a pair of phenomenally powerful supernatural female entities with perpetual cases of PMT, is this.

Hel is the obvious example. Talk about mood swings! Very OOC from her first appearance. To be expected, I suppose. And then Time itself (herself) is just being the usual, manipulative, vicarious, unendearing force of reality she is.

Again, I think the emotions of the characters caught up in all this can be connected to by us, and we can feel sympathy and concern for them in the situations they are afforded.

BTW, what accent is Hardy supposed to have? It is Idaho, so I assume something from around there. The problem is that I'm British. Every bloody time I read it, I can't help but default on a either a West-country or even Irish accent. Oh well...

I could, with a bit of time, probably say more, but it's early morning in Blighty and I had a REALLY late night, so the ol' thinking engine is not at full capacity. Needless to say, I'm still addicted to the story and the anticipation for new chapters grows slightly with every posting. Heck, I'll be physically unable to do anything but drool by the final chapter at this rate...

Oh, and the 'Angel-buggerin' (pardon the language on the forum) gave me pause for thought. MOST Angels are incapable of it. You and I and anyone who read Adventum knows my particular Angel is perfectly equipped in that specific department... Shocked Rolling Eyes Razz

(What is it with me talking about Constantine in every post?! It's like there's some inner-Constantine in me that craves attention. I shall have to stifle him for my next post.)

'Nuff said. Cobra out.

(P.S. someone's not been updating the Test of Time literature page on the Axe Shed, where all the chapters are lumped together in chronological order. There's only 1, 2 and 3 up there. Just thought I'd point it out.)

Frazikar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Progess Report!!

Oh, wait, she gave it already...

Also, nice to see that Aramas can check on an old ... friend to pump errrr gain some more info (hmmm, where is that old line bout getting better after being killed)

As for our young chronomancer, he knows where the on/off switch is and a couple of control knobs/switches but...
bastion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 11 and 12 are now up...

The BioCobra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm going to need to yum up as many of these chapters as I can. They're what are inspiring me to continue writing my own work. Aside from that, I'm stuck when it comes down to it.

And so the plot thickens. The imminent foreboding of what will inevitably some is enough to make me pause for due consideration. Now Ulf's hitched a ride on the Aslaug bandwagon, it can only lead to interesting and unusual hijinks. I've lost the ability to comment on how depressing the story can become. Despite being fiercely British, even I draw a line at how much I can point out the bleeding obvious and its bleeding obvious intent to, in this case, be depressing. It's like saying you badly wanted alcohol, right after vigorously downing a pint. Rolling Eyes

I also noted a mistake (though I'm sure if and when corrected this post will not make any sense to a reader who doesn't follow... again with the bleeding obvious). You spelt Huginn's Fár wrong on the penultimate page of chapter 12. You put double 'g' instead of double 'n'. It says Huggins. I'm sure I would enjoy it more on the Huggins Fár; they'd all be a lot more comradely and, dare I say it, embracing? *drum roll*. Very Happy Thought I'd let you know.

Anyway, that's about it. If there is anything else, I'll probably try and catch up with you about it via the gratuitous internet-talky-wotsit that we use so often.

Peace out, and Cobra out.

(Oh, look! I made it through without a single mention of Constantine! But... wait, does this count? *screams*).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: