Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Test of Time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aslaug wrote:
Well, depending on whether you stuck to using your fingers, she might end up being a bride sooner rather than later, ne? Very Happy
Bad Pony, No Carrot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aslaug wrote:
Well, depending on whether you stuck to using your fingers, she might end up being a bride sooner rather than later, ne? Very Happy

Rolling Eyes
*snicker* TMI, but also too funny. Twisted Evil

TM

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karou WindStalker wrote:
Aslaug wrote:
Bad Pony, No Carrot.

*looks dejected* That's unduly harsh, that is! Gimme my carrot already!

Hey ... waitaminute ... HE CALLED ME A PONY! *RRRRRAAAARGGHHH!!!*

*Chases after Karou, swinging axe overhead~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a strange side-note ...

We all imagine characters in our own heads. Whether furry or human, or occasionally either/or, you all know that I have a vivid imagination, but despite that, I have had tremendous difficulty pinpointing Aslaug's body-type. On one hand, I've always described her as wiry and lean, but also as somewhat more muscular than what most people would normally consider attractive on a female. Broader shoulders, stronger arms and so on ...

This is somewhat mitigated by the fact that Aslaug, for the most part, runs around with a coat of fairly thick fur. But on the rare occasion where she spends time as a human (and as my proofers can tell you, she's due to spend A LOT of time as a human), it's been very difficult for me to actually imagine what she would look like.

That is ... until ten minutes ago, when I stumbled across a Youtube-video. I'll do a bit more investigation into this person, but my immediate reaction was "Good grief, that's precisely the muscle-tone I imagine on Aslaug".

Hmm ...

So I have a dumb question here: if the rest of you had to pick a human being that she would "look like" (scars notwithstanding), when she runs around as a member of the homo sapiens subspecies ... who would that person be?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Frazikar

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm, verrryyyy interesting ...

Basically starting with a nordic look [ancestry] with a larger upper body (no snow bunny for her)...but with some (maybe a lot) of American melting pot [based on her curernt thoughts while in Denmark] thrown in ( hair color, skin tone, etc)...

Meaning - Minnesotan/native American mix?? Can see it that way...
The BioCobra

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all honesty, I find it incredibly difficult to pinpoint a good few things about Aslaug in my mind.

Maybe it's because I'm still a young and impressionable man (or male, if you prefer), who finds the idea of a female's physique somehow NOT being correctly proportioned (to say socially normal if not exactly attractive) incredibly difficult, but I simply cannot make the image of a thoroughly unattractive Aslaug stick in my mind.

I'm afraid that when transmuted into human context, it only exacerbates the issue. I would ask you to post a link to the YouTube video you mentioned for anyone to watch or not watch (as it may spoil any private mental images), and then I can see whether that conforms to any subconscious views I have.

Related to that, I think it's easy for a writer to envisage their characters and not others. In my case, Constantine is easy for me to picture:
Very tall (unnaturally so (7 feet), to the point of always having to look down on almost everyone he meets, Aslaug included), lithe, noticeably muscular, but not to the point of being unattractive, a straight back and spine almost all the time, covered in a layer of down feathers very much like fur, with a strange dull golden gleam coming off it all.
The face is sleek and curved in proportion to his beak (which is highly malleable for what is meant to be a rigid part of a avian physiology), and eyes that are slightly facing more sideways on the head like a bird but also slightly forward like a mammal, giving his eyes a thoroughly extraterrestrial look (very unnatural). He is an Angel, so he cannot be anything less than rather attractive yet vaguely alien, in my opinion.

And now, because my exams are up and coming, and I feel suitably churlish because of it...

*coughponycough*

*sprints away laughing like a maniac*

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of [fur]kind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza." — Dave Barry
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, she's purely Norse by ancestry, Frazikar, but nonetheless, I love that idea! Honestly, that's a really interesting take on her.
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*looks after the slithering-away-cobra and grins wickedly*

And since when can a snake outrun a horse? *MUAHAHAHAHH*

*bolts after the next target to pounce and squish and tickle*

NOT A PONY!
The BioCobra

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be able to catch up to me, but I have a withering bite on me!

And yes you are! I will never cease my insanity! I will not be deterred! A sweet little Shetland pony with big, soppy eyes...

I think I've discovered my evil streak. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

*Continues to slither away at breakneck speed*

*Giggles madly*

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of [fur]kind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza." — Dave Barry
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to dance a riverdance on your back ... wearing cast iron shoes once I get you!!

C'mere you wriggly little git!

*suddenly remembers something*

Heeeey, waitaminute. There are no snakes in Ireland. St. Patrick took care of that, or so they say around these parts.

*sits down and sticks her tongue out at the figment of her imagination bothering her*

Sticks and stones and all that.
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, Aslaug in human form;

About 6' 6" or so, somewhere around 170 lbs. Sandy blond hair, pale complexion with a bit of a tan. Sort of Iowa farm-girl.

Not outright muscular, but it's obvious if you hug her. Her arms would have definition to them, but not like a body builder. The muscles would only be noticeable when she was working them by slinging her franciscas around or something like that.

She wouldn't have washboard abs but no paunch, either. Just a nicely defined waist that looked good in a crop-top. Aslaug would probably be only a B cup, or maybe a C at most. Her hips wouldn't be wide nor skinny like a stick. Just big enough to hold up her clothing and say, "Hey! I do have hips!".

Her legs wouldn't be flabby at all. Again like her arms, definition but not heavily muscled. I would think her muscles would be on the slightly wiry side. I would guess by height, she would wear about a ladie's size 11.5 shoe, C width.

Finally, her Nordic accent would be confused with being from Wisconsin or Minnesota on occasion.

Probably way off track, but just my thoughts. That's how I see the human form of Aslaug Larsdatter.

Mr. Green

tijn

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellan Meig'h wrote:
Finally, her Nordic accent would be confused with being from Wisconsin or Minnesota on occasion.

You've got to be kidding me! Laughing
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting take, Kellan ... to be honest, it's very far from what I see myself Smile but we all have our own vision of characters, and that's why I asked.

Because I thought it could be fun to hear how others see her. Your vision is notably more feminine than what I see, myself, for example. I do, for instance, see her with a certain amount of bodybuilder tone. More like a lightweight women's competitor, admittedly ... but still, it would definitely be there. And I also think of her as thirty pounds heavier than what you describe, all muscle. For someone standing at 6'6'', I'd tend to say that 170 lbs would be extremely skinny.

I think that it's fairly commonplace, really ... for people to think of her as somewhat more feminine than intended, but I doubt I could do more to underline her actual appearance than I already do, without going overboard Cool
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, sorry, but the image came to mind long ago and I haven't been able to shake it. Mind you, there's more scars there, but I have two words.

Corinna Kneuer

or sorry, her stage name is Cory Everson. Fitness celebrity, multi-champion body builder (She's tall!) and actress.

maybe a little bulked up for Aslaug at times, but the general idea fits, for me anyway.

Embarassed TM

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiger, you are one awesome feline!

That is so close to what I was thinking it's not even funny. At least if you take some of the slightly less bulked up images available. Bodybuilders go for a different kind of muscle-definition than people who use their bodies for instance for fighting.

But yes, you'd have to add about ten pounds of scar-tissue
Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: