Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Test of Time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The BioCobra

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really do want see that drawing. And not just because it's got Constantine in it. I can only speak for myself here, but I think it will be nice to see this branch of your immense creativity. Very Happy Very Happy
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of [fur]kind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza." — Dave Barry
bastion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 3 is up.

My groovy death metal band, Prevail
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
The BioCobra

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wud up, ma beach? (Oh, come on, I had to...)

Anyway, immaturity aside, it was a deliciously intriguing chapter for me. The fact that we now begin to look at Aslaug's backstory is a very good plot, and I know what to expect from how it will all twist and turn. Tiger and Aramis are still as true to themselves as they could be, given the passage of their lives, and poor John Henry is still being hopelessly toyed with.

Characters are strong, and story is spreading nicely enough to get me fully intrigued while not being all over the place. And this is only the third chapter, for heaven's sake! If this is the standard here, then the rest is sure to be mind-boggling! Shocked Shocked Very Happy

Now to return to my snake-pit for another two whole weeks... Sad

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of [fur]kind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza." — Dave Barry
Frazikar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

background music - 'The Way We Were' - B Strisand

Here we see the filly meeting her elephant before 'seeing the elephant'

And the Duo gather more before calling in ...
bastion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 4 is up....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
The BioCobra

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting factoid time, kiddy-winks: Did you know that horses, as in actual four-legged equestrians, actually lack any ability to throw up? It can be quite lethal at times. Good thing Aslaug is NOT that closely linked to the average horse in biological terms...

The darkness and the fear is descending now... *evil laughter*, the unknown effects of young Messer Hansen's power certainly got the eye-twitch of mad interest out of me. The past is all but palpable to the filly, and Tiger and Aramis' Dynamic Duo are still chasing up a dark mystery.

Me getting on my writer's head now, Aslaug's 'secret', if C were ever to find it out or be told by her (hypothetically, of course. It's your story and your call on the matter), would probably make yet another good spirit-shattering shock for him. I honestly think that the poor bird, when he does get as close as I theorise to the fire that is Aslaug, will burn himself a bit too badly, and he won't get out with his mind intact... Oops, sorry. Waffling on about this where it doesn't quite belong.

Good work. I shall retire for now. Wink

Last edited by The BioCobra on Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Frazikar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm, the plot thickens...

[wonders if headshots are effective...or decapitation...]
The BioCobra

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frazikar wrote:
[wonders if headshots are effective...or decapitation...]

Against that kind of opponent? I think our dear Filly has made them a little less generic than to require either the 'BOOM, HEADSHOT!' technique or else the 'Shaun' approach.

(Sorry to those out there who have just caught on what this discussion has just alluded to) Razz

Frazikar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With our filly, you never really know...

[And if Hel steps in...things could get even more messy...]
bastion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly late, but chapter 5 is up...

The BioCobra

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Filly... Pleeeease stop going on about smoked salt! I already want to try some as it is. I don't need you exacerbating the temptation! *points finger of accusation* AAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHH!

Poor John Henry! You do enjoy torturing him too! Hell, you enjoy torturing him, and Aslaug, and me! If you didn't know me well enough to not take this seriously, I'd probably still say you can really be a mean-spirited git when it comes to how you treat characters! Just a LITTLE slack? Pwease?

*Sob of Desperate Inevitable Failure to Leave Impression*

(Now, I know this was written and proof-read and whatnot well before my beloved avian came into the canon, but by whatever god or gods that watch over me, if Constantine peers into Aslaug's mind and sees where she was like Aramis did... I think you KNOW what he will remind her of in my current project.) Twisted Evil

Frazikar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm....yea, much laughter ensues...

As for John Henry...(*snickers*)
[He'll be sorrrriiiiiiii...]
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if anyone reads this apart from Frazikar and Biocobra Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aslaug wrote:
I wonder if anyone reads this apart from Frazikar and Biocobra Very Happy

I read it! (besides the fact that I proofed it, I need to keep the story arc fresh in my mind)

I'm sure TM must be reading this and maybe SC, too. Tijn might be reading it too but I can't say for sure.

This story is one roller-coaster ride for all concerned.

Mr. Green

The BioCobra

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what it feels like when only a couple of individuals review your work, but others are always reading. They usually just don't review because they find little fault with it. Most reviews I see involve either unanimous criticism or unanimous praise. A bit boring after a while either way. So people tend not to bother, even in your faithful little clique of readers. You know you provide much entertainment to many of us hungry lovers of good literature and strong stories like yours. (And yes, this is an unashamed attempt at flattery, but what are ya gonna do?)

And now, back to the Pit for this young cobra...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: