Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SHout Out! (Do Dandilions Roar?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...And another thing;
Not all countries and their defense forces are as technologically adviced as the United States is, nor if they had the ability, not have the same or greater advantage.

I say this because, in this example, when Wilfredo was drugged up in captivity in a miltiary base, Video monitoring would be too expensive for a "poor" counrty as is Spain. Spain is rich in culture and heritage, not in wealth or military might. So, placing a few guards here and there to keep an eye on a captive would be their only option.

Now, to throw in a bone; guards are be ordered, bribed or otherwise pursuaded to go look the other way, especially when it invovles members the royal family taking such actions to make things go their way. Yes, its an abuse of power. Yes, its uncalled for and unneccessary. But yes, that is how it is sometimes.

Which goes to my next point. Yes its insane of them to waltz right into the Spainish Embassy as they did. But, considering that Queen Miranda is too busy being by her husband's bedside, the Royal guards reassembling for a potential funeral, the guards at the base being diverted to other "duties" to allow Prince Wilfredo to escape with aide from Princess Solmaria and the remaining guards looking for Prince Francisco, the Spanish Embassy is rather blind as to what is happenning at the mother country.

But to say the least, they are far from helpless, for they have their own defensive forces within their walls, to which Prince Wilfredo and Princess Solmaria will have to deal with.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused Well, it's you story, but...

Video monitoring is rather cheap. At least for a limited area, such as a block of cells.

And I would expect embassies (especially the one in the US) to be kept abrest of the situation. Several hours must have passed since the prince escaped and even if the queen is indisposed, someone who works closely with her should have noticed sent out the word. Or did the princess bribe most of the officers at the base, so that it is still not known that they escaped?

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I would have thought that the royal guard would have handled security directly and as far as technology goes if the guard had such things as PDA's and digital ID tags with specalized software I would think they'd have funds for video surveillance in a secure hospital room. Well anyway as Nameless said it's your story and I still find it an enjoyable even if a little disturbing story I was just doing a little nit picking is all, can't wait to read the next chapter. Mr. Green

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, nit pick all you want guys...

In this form, the story is in the raw; meaning even when I complete it here, it still wont be finished since it will be written to address and correct those concerns of the readers. Then in that final rewrite, all that was said in done would have been said and done. I'm looking at another year or two to finish it.

Now, lets see where I can defend my writing Mr. Green

Video monitoring is cheap, but in their minds, it causes a delayed response in sending men out during an incident. No, its more like a Chilean or Mexican jail system: Armed guards at every corner or hallway intersection, all within eye view of each other. But this being more of a hospital setting than the actual brig; not exactly the infirmary but the bbrig's infirmary- where injured or sick prisoners would be less of a threat to escape or rebel, and Prince Wilfredo being in the drugged-coma induced state he was in, the halls would be less heavily guarded. You know- thw worse watch any officer would want to have: Corpse Watch...

Being in the Aux Police force for a while, that was the one watch I hated... Dead body found, police come in, does its investigation and evidence collecting and then cover the body until the coroner comes and does the pick up. At best, this would take 3 hours. in a worse case I have been in, 2 days (It was a busy week for the coroner, put it that way- and since there is only 1 "pick up" truck per borough...), we all stood around and made dead ppl jokes about it.

But, no guard wants to do guard duty at an imfirmary or a corpse duty. well, that has been my experience.

The order to ignore their work for the time the prince escaped came from higher up; proabably from one of Solmaria's guards or chief guard. Who knows, perhaps she has a more intimate relationship with her head/chief royal guard then does her older siblings. Its no real secret that the "Gutierrez-es" in the past been lovers to the royal court, at times putting their royal guard status in jepordy at time. As in the case of Queen Isabella of Castellion, if it was not for her lover/guard to persuade her into giving Christopher Columbus 3 small ships to sail the Atlantic with, he would not have discovered "America". at best, it was a doomed endevor- in which they hoped that he may never had returned, but he did- causing much history changing through out the world at the time. In our time, it would be Neil Arngrong lnading on the moon in 1967 and our Moon colony writing up their own settlement constitution by 2001... Too bad it never happened that way.

Back to Solmaria; remember the discussion between the two, where Wilfredo said, "...but you have not everything I have...", and where Solmaria answers, "I may not have made dates disaapeared but I have done my fair share of deeds- some propably worse than yours." OK, those were not the exact words used, but think of it like this:

Neither Wilfredo, Solmaria or any other royal would not havs "such problems" taken cared of without some outside aide. As Prince Albert did (as speculated that he was indeed Jack the Ripper), when he huanted the streets of London during his twenties under his Queen/Mother Victoria's regien. Unforunately for Prince Albert, instead of the throne, he got a morphine induced coma and later on when his Brother George came into power- a morphine induced death. All kept secret and done by the royal guards... Same in this story's case; the royal guard are willing to do the bidding of the royal family, but at the same time, anything that would disrupt the royal family from within or without, will be dealt with accordingly.

Well, at this point, I'm just chasing my tail...
I'm glad though that you guys like it, and hope that others would input as well.

-Elfen
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took me a while to figure out that Guest post was mine... Work's firewall must have bumped me off PF somehow, and yet again.

But, keep posting, all are welcomed here.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reptal, Jameeka and David... (again)

I'm assuming that David flies about as well as a ferral flying squirrel (but probably less well, because he is bigger)... which is not really. A flying squirrel does not really fly, they just jump very well.

That means, he can't keep himself between Reptal and Jameeka for more than a moment. The only way Reptal can hit him before he impacts Jameeka is by shooting above Jameeka's head (by quite a bit).
So, either Reptal is a terrible shot with her pistols (which seems unlikely, given some of her previous stunts) or she deliberately aimed high.

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Flying squirrels dont fly, they glide, with assistance from a flap of skin that reaches from ther "wrists" to their "ankles"; very simillar to those new guide suits parachutists are now playing with.

http://www.chez.com/rodent/Sciuridae/Flysq.html

Repteal is an excellent shot, provided that nothing gets in the way between her and the target. Unfortunately for David, he got in the way. Secondly, her shooting suggests that she was going to spray the entire area where Jameeka stood, for which would have made a more horrific scene for Jameeka, and later on Zig Zag when she would have found her. A couple of bullets would have missed, but the majority of them would have striked her down. ( I will have to verify with Miss Mab as to what ammo Repteal uses.)

Perhaps, I was trying to catch each second as the event occurs, as per "Matrix's Bullet Time." Wheather it works, remains to be seen, as though the other readers do not generally posts. Repeal's volley of 12 was no longer than 6 to 8 seconds, as was each bullet's impact onto David, and his attempt to get Jameeka out of the way. David on the other hand only had a couple of seconds head start on the first bullet being fired. At this time frame, Repteal was already targeting Jameeka and pulling on the trigger to release the volley, David was in mid air.

Had he been a couple of seconds faster on the jump, the first two shots would have gotten him, but not the last four- one of which ultimately killed him. in the least, he would have been very hurt and close to death, but live long enough to be sent to the hospital and perhaps survived. It was just a matter of timing. Unfortunately, it would have made one of the last four hit Jemeeka before she was pulled out of harm's way.

I agree that David's larger, but for the same part, he should function to a lesser degree as his smaller ferral cousins do. It also makes him a much larger target to hit.

Unfortunately, I could not get a good picture, but imagine David in this position...

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

found a better pic...
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"PS- Anything happens to me, happens to you."

I am surprized that no one yet has made a connection, or commented on any possible connection of the phrase and what happens afterwards...

Do I have to kidnap Tabitha again? You know- 3 strikes and you're OUT!!! (1 on Dandilions and 1 on Record = 2 strikes on Tabitha...)

CrayzedWolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ounce again Sabrina's life is in Tabitha's hands Wink

My Live Journal
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I kind of had it figured out as I read it that it was a "Voodoo doll" I mean why else would Repteal bother to have conjure it up in the first place let alone make to look like Sabrina what's bothering me is why she conjured the doll in the first place, it seems that she did it just to mess around with Sabby some more maybe to scare her away from the whole situation but even so Zig and the others at the studio are still very much involved.

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just keep reading and keep posting. Twisted Evil
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did wonder though if Amy and Zig would make the connection when they get back and see the Sabrina Plushie next to a tea set and twinkie wrappers? and if they do would Ziggy be tempted to do something um yiffy with the doll? Twisted Evil

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
Well I finally got Chapter 17 posted to the Bookshelf.

One question I have though is, the note was pinned to the doll's paw. Why didn't Sabrina feel that?

Opps...
Well... Cool
The spell did not take effect until after she removed the pin...(???)

-or-
It was pinned to the sleeve and not the paw...

Embarassed

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styx wrote:
I did wonder though if Amy and Zig would make the connection when they get back and see the Sabrina Plushie next to a tea set and twinkie wrappers? and if they do would Ziggy be tempted to do something um yiffy with the doll? Twisted Evil

Dont be putting ideas in my head Mr. Green

Bad enough that the discovery will be made soon enough... its how is the problem Sabrina has to deal with.

And no, there will be no full frontal nudity with the Sabrina doll and any of the transformers... But if Tabitha marries the Sabrina doll to a Ken-Fur doll or a GI-Fur doll... that would produce some interesting problems.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> elfen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: