Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elfen's Sites Progress Reports
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't feel bad, my linux box died yesterday, with a small pfft and a little smoke

Shocked Confused Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Exclamation

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you can salvage the harddrive and a few other components, and rebuild from there.

I sympathize with your loss.
Evil or Very Mad...o0O(I swear- Since the Columbia Accident, this has not been a good month for technology)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Total Loss
My oldest dog is the culprit.
thats all I'm sayin.

He is a bit charred too.

Rackin frackin dog.

Now I have to explain why to a client.

Maybe I can just tell him natural consequences.

sigh

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man oh man!
I've dealt with client's machines that were scented by their cats; only to face a crying client...

On the Old 1 piece Black/White 68K Macs (Mac 128/512, Plus, SE/SE30, Classic/Classic II/Color Classic), the bottom left vent holes are for the Power Supply with some exposed wires and stuff (really ugly if you ever opened one up). Cat scenting that- kills the machine and itself in the process.

I can only imagine what you dog did. Well, I knew a cat that chewed on power cables to a friend's DJ set up. How he got into that habit, I dont know, but one day during a party- everything went black and a really loud "MEOW!" was heard from behind some furniture.

At best, I would say, "I was hit with a power surge, which destroyed a lot of things, and now I'm in the process of re-building."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally put an end to Chapter 7 by ending Chpater 7d. Onward to Chapter 8!
*And the crowd cheers!!!*

I just tired of it, and left out a lot of details, and the final scene, leaving a more mysterious ending to it.

OK, in thinking about it, it turned my stomache, and I probably breached the M17 Web Rating, but you know, it had to be done...
*evil laughter, crowd gasps*

Alrighty then, here is it, updated on my planetfurry site: http://www.planetfurry.com/~elfen/ , since fg.net is still down...

http://www.planetfurry.com/~elfen/dandilions/chpt07d.html

Chapter 8 is going to be another stomache turner... take it as a warning...

(Comments, and complaints- put it in the Shout Out section... Thank you, thank you very much...)
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our Favorite Racoon Librarian has informed me that he's updated the library with my chapters:

http://www.planetfurry.com/~mjriv/
http://raccoons-bookshelf.com

He's also corrected mistakes in the previous (sub)chapter that I did not pick up...

Many Thanks Mike!

Site Updates:
All sites except fernandogutierrez.net (aka FG.net) has been updated with the new chapter: 7d.

FG.net is still down due to isp network problems; of which as of yesterday, I found either the reason why it is down or the symptom: The Hub/Router that its connected to is not registering with the rest of the building's network. So its either a Router/Hub problem or a wiring problem. All servers connected to that Hub/Router think they are connected to something- but what!!! I still say its a micro fur chewing on the wires...
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dandilion's Chapter 8 is done.
So Soon?
Yep, now shut up and learn!

Its on the Planet Furry Server via my account:
http://www.planetfurry.com/~elfen/dandilions/chpt08.html

Chapters list is also updated, but not the news/openning page for Dandilions:

http://www.planetfurry.com/~elfen/dandilions/index.html

We're getting 3 feet of snow here... so going downtown to work on my server for the next few days will be an impossibility...

Consider this a warning...
New Character intro: Reptile.
If you ever been to Mab's Land website, you'll know who she is, and how she works. In short- people are going to die here and many more will be tramatized by her alone!

Since this chapter's a bit on the short side, the next one, Chapter 9, will be rather lengthy, gore-filled and down right evil. I'll be expecting HATE emails, death threats and Eric's removal of permission to use Sabrina and many other of his characters because of it... Twisted Evil

OK, it wont be that bad, but it will be bad... Mr. Green
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FG.Net is up on crutches...
http://216.27.159.155/personal/mystories.html

Site's not updated and DNS is not resolved or updated fully... (Hopefully will when I get some $$$, may have to re-register all my sites... Confused around two weeks or so... when the cash flow improves.)

Files on FG.Net will be updated when DNS is repaired.

And yes- it was a microfur chewing on the wires as I suspected. Now the whole building's wiring is going need to be inspected and exterminators sent in to deal with the microfurs....

Heck- I'd lend them my cat if they took care of it! But if they cant deal with a microfur, what makes me think they can deal with my cat? NOTHING!!!
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problems in paradise?
Perhaps...

At least, the 2nd part of the Prequal of the unnamed story is posted:
http://www.planetfurry.com/~elfen/fandc/trailerprequalpt2.html

the trailer index has been touched up a bit and updated:
http://www.planetfurry.com/~elfen/fandc/trailerindex.html

and for security reasons, added:
http://www.planetfurry.com/~elfen/fandc/index.html
(dont want anyone trying to directory bust the site.)

Problems:
Though the majority of the unfinished and unnamed story is intact, even with long gaps in between chapters, its a very large file under MS Word 6.
Bits are beginning to flip, though MS Word makes an attempt take corrections, but when I take segments out to create html chapters, the bits flip and I have to rewrite it.

Something's wrong with either the file, the hard drive or virus in the system... or worse, the laptop's getting flakey! UGH! that would be 2 laptops in less than 5 months.

I better consult my old 6502; and find out of this month is a really bad month for technology...

Enjoy the stories...
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a little time, so I touched up the planetfurry mirror a bit.

Except for V.D., the site is 85% grey with black lettering, though the font's still the same.

Images on Dandilions were also fixed up to match the rest of the site; except for the author's image. It will remain as a black backgound.

Added: The Trailer story as a link from the main page, so one dont have to hunt for it if they got lost.

Deleted: Day at the Races and Salvation Starvation non-links since their work is on pause for now...

Comments, Complains, Questions? Write away...
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 4:15 pm    Post subject: D'OH! Reply with quote

Got an email from Ms Mab... the owner of Repteal; informing me that I majorly goof'ed up on the character's name...

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I'll have Chapter 8 corrected and reposted by Monday 9pm EST.

Good thing she's only in a couple of paragraphs in that chapter, but she's heavy on the on going chapter 9.

When its posted, I'll alert everyone here.

Sorry, Mike... You'll have to stand on line to kill me, Miss Mab is first.
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dandilion's Cahpter 8 has been corrected and reposted today. 24 hours in advance, I know, but some prearranged plans were cancelled, so, what the hey!

Just do it! (And I did).

Now to hide from all those that wants my head...
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Repteal" is the only changes, shows up 2 times as far as I can tell in the middle and near the end of Chapter 8.
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 9 for Dandilions has been posted... 3 Chapters in less than a month? Dont ask.

start from:
http://www.planetfurry.com/~elfen/dandilions/index.html

or jump straight too:
http://www.planetfurry.com/~elfen/dandilions/chpt09.html

Chapter 9's a premie. It was intended to be longer, but between my busted arm and Chapter 10 being DOA- I took 2/3's of Chapter 9 to post now and the remaining 1/3 to start off Chapter 10.

I believe it minimally mistake free, but remember who wrote it!!!

Chapter 10's going to be a delay until my arm heals. Never knew that touch typing would hurt so much...

This offically ends Act 3: Attack of The Green Monster...
(Funny, its supposed to have been Green Eye'd Monster, but I kept it as is. Perhaps it will end up as useless trivia on some tv game show...)

Come on guys- GIMME INPUT!!!
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Mike has yet to convert Chapter 9...
Already in the 3rd sentence, I caught a grammatical mistake. Probably a few more laying about.

Its a good read though. I should have it ready fixed up and ready by Friday Eve. (But it should not stop others from reading it. Just publishing it in the Racoon's Library...)

Note: I can only catch the mistakes when veiwing it on other systems, like at work (where I am right now). Working it on the Laptop at home, things get missed, probably because I get tired after a while (or already am tired when I start writing...).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> elfen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15

Jump to: