Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Defiance
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frazikar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see, I think Hrist has a decent line for Varghoss -'You willing to challenge Odin for that?'

The fight is about what I expected (the pre-fight scene with 'Apoc Now' is also worth mentioning) although...did think that Joe, being the touch old hombre he is, would also try to get in the last word (really tough when being stangled) along the lines of 'Forget(ing) something?'

[Hmmm, there should be a good 'Who's da Boss' line with Morning Star personally his fallen....]

To Uriel, irregular, yes, but life's like that...
The BioCobra

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I... Wow. Ultra violence in the extreme. Moral values. Stubborn attitudes, and a plethora of unanswered questions and situations. Just what I expected from you, filly, and yet you still managed to leave me exhilarated. Shocked

Mind you, I noticed a couple of typos slipped past on the last chapter. Still, it doesn't make it any worse off for it.

A great story, as usual. But good God! Why can't Anane just DIE?! Fully and properly, this time? I smell sequels on the not-too-distant horizon... Wink

(Also, you succeeded yet again in using a line which, near word-for-word, I was gonna use in my own story. How does that always happen to me?!)

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of [fur]kind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza." — Dave Barry
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what line are you referring to?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The BioCobra

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said: "All these dead furs... for what? Because Anane felt offended because Daddy Dearest had given souls to furs instead of Angels?"

I say: "Oh, just because Daddy didn't give him a soul, just because things didn't go quite his way, he has to behave like a bullying spoilt brat and go causing so much chaos!"

Okay, so it may not be exactly the same, but it is similar enough for me to feel vaguely annoyed.

(For those who don't get this, Aslaug has permitted me to write something based on the ALN/ALS universe, and Anane is mentioned in it.)

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of [fur]kind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza." — Dave Barry
Kaeto

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anane got off too easily.
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, but I have to be able to reuse him later Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Bravo! Well Done! Reply with quote

Ya know, I proofed chapter 21 and after reading it again, I found it just plain gruesome. But very fitting and a perfect ending chapter to "Defiance".

Now to get off my behind, break this writer's block and finish "End Game".

Kel

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not pretty, but it's not meant to be. I'm definitely taking Aslaug in a harder, bloodier direction. Less fluff, more tragedy and a lot more pain.

If any of my characters can take it, it's her.
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ending...brought tears. A very good way to end the story.

My only remaining question is..Did she give Varghoss indigestion?

TM

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean if Astrid did? Nahh, Varghöss has innards of cast iron Wink Big, tough wolf like him isn't going to get indigestion from a bit of over-ripe Valkyrie.

"Grrr ..."

Oh, hey there Varghöss ... oh bullocks!

*runs away, chased by large, playful wolf*
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well folks, it's official. Defiance has a follow-up.

It's called "Test of Time" and if I am to believe the reactions of my proof-readers, I'm setting new standards for pure epicness Very Happy

Chuck Norris has nothing on one of the scenes I wrote for the last chapter I sent them, in fact!

Jest aside, Test of Time is a story I've wanted to write for a long time, and which I've been mulling over to try to flesh out properly. Aslaug's backstory is hinted at here and there and of course, how the Amigos meet her is described in ALS, but there are a lot of unexplained issues about her. What about her scars? Why does she speak like someone played "sting of the bumblebee" on her vocal cords? Why hasn't she found herself a love interest? Why is she so utterly brutal in many ways?

Those are some of the issues I am trying to answer with this story.

For some reason, people seem to like Aslaug and most of you seem to see her as a distinctly heroic character. Personally, I'm more inclined to think of her as an anti-hero. She's not "nice" enough to be a classic hero-type however one goes about it, and she's too violent to be socially acceptable in our day and age.

I suppose it's got something to do with the fact she doesn't mince words, I guess.

Anyway, Test of Time will follow after Transitions IV is completed. As I have 14 chapters completed on it already, and I am working on number 15, I daresay it'll be at least the length of Defiance.
The BioCobra

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAYS! It is announced! I hope everyone here enjoys your plot as much as I did...

Although, I must say... You shouldn't tell everyone how to see Aslaug! You should have kept their hopes high, and then watched as their dreams were shattered and laughed derisively as their view of her crumbled before their eyes! Twisted Evil

... *ahem* Sorry, got a bit carried away there.

As for the Epic Scene of Epic Epicness, I can only assume and speculate on what it is...

Lookin' forward to seeing it in full, filly. I have no doubt you won't disappoint. Wink

Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, Victoria would love to have Aslaug as a close friend to go shopping with, have their hair done (or mane, as the case may be) and generally enjoy each other's company.

It will never happen, though. the tigress has tried (trust me, she did try) but the only things that seem to draw a smile from the filly are little kits and huge wolves.

I think "Test Of Time" will bear that out.

*feels hot breath on the neck*

"Oh, Hi, Varghöss . . . Um, don't look at me that way . . ."

*turns and runs with the wolf hot on his hooves*

"Aslaug! Help!!" Shocked

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, part of me is rather happy that Varghöss is invading the board to chase people around Very Happy

It means I don't have to do it anymore.
Frazikar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm more inclined to think of her as an anti-hero.

What? The filly makes Wolverine cuddly? The filly leaves fewer bodies behind than that Castle (Punisher) guy? And there's that biker, Blaze (Ghost Rider)...

[I think she's in good company myself....]

(Why am I smelling a hint of wolf, can it be Russell or mount??)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: