Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fursuits?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monkeyspoon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: Fursuits? Reply with quote

Whats everyone's opinions on fursuits?

I myself wouldn't get one unless it was realistic and awesome.

Rabbit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had some of the best and most meaningful times of my life in an old dorky one that damn near predated the entire furry fandom. (It was made in 1991 or 2.)
monkeyspoon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is awesome
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My own take on it is "to each their own". I wouldn't dream of getting into a fursuit for love nor money, myself. Nor do I really get the idea of ears and tails. But to some people it seems to be just the thing and hey ... it's harmless.

I don't really care if we're talking about an old-fashioned, mascot-style suit or one of those extremely realistic ones some people prefer. It's just not my thing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Xaqtly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen some amazing fursuits but I'm way too self conscious to wear one. I know, this is despite the fact that fursuits generally have a headpiece so people can't see the real you. I've never done well with roleplaying or pretending to be something I'm not, so that's a large part of it. The other part is that I don't like being the center of attention, it makes me uncomfortable when people are watching me.

But I love the idea of it... just can't bring myself to do it. I'm comfortable wearing my tail (made by Teric) at cons though, because for one thing everybody is wearing them so I don't stand out, and it ties me to the con without singling me out. It's an awesome tail, and I'm proud to wear it at cons.

Actually at FC in January, I was wearing it when I met Dingbat, the talented artist who drew my avatar here. I showed it to her, and she really liked it. Very Happy But the tail is about as far as I'll go with regards to fursuits. Not because I don't like them, just because my own issues prevent me from doing it.

tobi3B

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I allways liked to "dress up" still have a lot of my costums.
I was thinking of getting a head for myself from
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/qarrezel/
At the moment I have the material to make my own tail.

[br]Feed Me![br]Adopted from Valenth
RCraccoon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would do just about anything exept murder to get a fursuit. currently im the mascot at my highschool and i love being the center of attention i just lack money so hopefully one day i'll be able to get one.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the idea of putting on a fursuit and wearing it around, but I don't have the time nor the resources to obtain/make one. I've roomed with 'suiters at FurCon, and it's really cool to see them transform into their fursona before my eyes.

For now, I'll be content with my own tail that I made. Smile

And it still makes me giddy happy that Xaq likes the tail I made for him. Razz

CUDDLESMUCH

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried to make one ran out off fabric though:( all i got was arms/paws and a tail well that and a foam head
Onic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too love the idea of a fursuit, but couldn't wear one unless I was in very specific circumstances. Since I'm not open about being furry with my friends and family, that makes fursuiting a bit out of the question, and yet I've had an idea for a while that I'm probably going to see through eventually.

In my community we hold dances, a mixture of English country dancing and ballroom. One year we held a masquerade, which was by far the best, most FANTASTIC dance ever. I have plans for another, but with a fantasy theme, and my outfit this time would be furry in nature. I could get away with it because in that environment, no one would really question wearing an animal mask. And taking it further by adding a tail, and tweaking gloves to make paws... just adds to the realism.

I'd love to dance as a lion in tuxedo! Smile

Kasyl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on progressively cobbling a partial together, as my finances allow. I'll probably get tail, hands, and feetpaws off of FurBid or some similar site, and then go ahead and commission an original head. I hope to have the Kasyl suit complete by next summer. Very Happy
monkeyspoon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's the same plan I have
Kasyl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just wondering what my parent's reaction will be when various parts of lupine anatomy start arriving via FedEx. >.<
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Problem? What problem?? Reply with quote

Kasyl wrote:
I'm just wondering what my parent's reaction will be when various parts of lupine anatomy start arriving via FedEx. >.<

Um, I'm not sure I see a problem ... Cool

Well, until my finances were derailed earlier this year, it was my plan to put something (equine) together for Further Confusion 2010. Oh well, there's always FC 2011.

Furry stuff being delivered wouldn't be a problem around my house, evidenced by this picture taken a few months before I married my tigress.

http://www.kellanmeigh.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=105

That's a foam prosthetic mask she's wearing.

Kellan

Kelvin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you're rich or an excellent craftsman, don't bother. They're too much trouble/money. That's my standing.
Discord: kelvin#0465
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: