Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game Updates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Shadewing's Den
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelvin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Game Updates Reply with quote

Here`s the thread where I`m gonna start posting updates on the game. There will be screenshots, information, occasional video, and anything else I come up with. Not sure about playable demo yet, but after extending the intro level a bit, I may release that. Or just the training room. Would that be good? I could release a demo real quick if I did that.

Oh, also I`ll be posting polls and questions cuz I may want some user input. After all, the best games are made by people who listen to their players, right? If I post a demo, there will definitely be a lot of room for feedback there.

Just one more thing. I`m sure a lot of you have been wondering just who or what Kylontario is. Well, here`s your answer: Kylo is an astral with lightning powers. He`s a friend of Midi`s father, and watches Midi`s activities per his father`s request before he vanished with his mother. Kylo doesn`t know where Midi`s parents are, but he`s also searching for them. In the meantime, he`s mostly just following Midi`s progress, but he`ll be fully revealed in the second game.

That`s all for now.

Discord: kelvin#0465
Kelvin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for an update!

OK, so you`ve all (hopefully) seen the demo in the games board. If not, I hope you go look at it.

Alrighty, so first things first: levels. Since bosses are at a standstill, I`m redirecting my focus to finish the other levels and enemies until such a time as I can make boss sprites that don`t look like crap. So now I`m focusing on new tilesets and level maps, some of which will be imported from old games that never got released because I like those levels and don`t want to see them go to waste.

For the sake of file size, I`m trying to find a new, better way to do cutscenes, cuz even the slide shows are taking up space. I`m thinking of making actors and just scripting coreographed scenes and use the already in-game sprites. This will mean a few extra timelines, but it cuts down on bitmaps dramatically. It won`t be done this way in the desktop version though.

Oh yeah, there`s gonna be two versions of the game: portable and desktop. Portable is a slimmed-down version with less extras and stuff. Just meant for gaming on the go. The desktop features MP3 music instead of MIDIs, animated videos for cutscenes, secret levels, alternate ending, and special cameos featuring everyone who helped with this game in some way or another (which is a lot).

My friend Feng (kitsunedark on FA) wants to do the ad for the game, so I`m very excitied cuz he`s the artist I learned most of what I know from.

Also, a few tweaks. Midi`s controls are disabled during special events like warping or parts where the computer must take over, and likewise cannot be harmed when these happen.

The health and ammo bars still smoothly gradiate to their values, but move a bit quicker, and slow as they reach the target value, so it still looks nice, but now works fast enough to keep up when the bars get long.

Also, alpha maps have been added to certain sprites to make things look a bit nicer, and may be done with tiles too. That has yet to ne decided. Yes, they add a bit more to the file size, but not too much, and some can be recycled with other sprites, so I`m letting that go.

Time to end this update as it`s straining my phone. Peace out, home furs!

Discord: kelvin#0465
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Shadewing's Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: