Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PS3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jai_taigas
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: PS3 Reply with quote

I'm amazed by this honestly. I recently purchased a ps3, already own a 360...

I compare the two systems and the ps3 is honestly better in quality when it comes to hardware and use. price range they are virtually the same when you compare the cost that comes with the 360 arcade.

the only big weakness i'd say the ps3 has is the sloow loading time for the ADD folks out there where 30 seconds is too long to wait. *yes a hint of sarcasm is in that* :p And the very very bad web browser they claim to have with the ps3. But in overall use it is vastly superior to the 360 and i am surprised it's not doing better in the market to be honest.

Mind you, this is coming from a hardcore 360 fan.

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you got the PS3 slim for 299.99 you will also note that they dumped backward compatibility with this and all future models, shame really I was planning on getting one till I saw that.

Jai_taigas
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all honestly, I personally had little desire to use the backwards compatibility. the games i loved to play were all ancient games that are now for sale for download and were only on the ps1 or early ps2 games. For example, i downloaded Wild Arms onto my ps3

the winning point for me was that i wanted to play Valkyria Chronicles and Cross Edge badly. plus a few future games hitting the ps3.

Syrius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want true backwards compatibility, get a slim PS2. I have one of the early PS3s that can play PS2 games natively... and it does ZERO good to the games. I even ran MGS 3 side by side on both systems, and even when going for the progressive and upscaled options on the PS3, there was nothing that would justify the extra price, had I bought it brand new. It will look just the same, and if not for the HDMI options or having to avoid your TV do the upscaling and de-interlacing, there is no point.

PS1 games benefit more, if you don't want to use the smooth mapping which will blur everything, and don't mind pixelated textures (but at least they are clean and clear.)

Now for Blu-ray, multimedia (DIVX Playback from DVD Roms, in HD, woot) and even recovering lost files from my HDD or upscaling my DVDs, it freaking rocks.

I can't wait until someone can crack it open like they did with the original Xbox, and then all that power can be tapped to do amazing things with it.

It was a good decision, Jai. Also, make sure to get Batman Arkham Asylum. It's the bomb.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: