Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wolvian Sketchbook

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Drawing Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onic

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Wolvian Sketchbook Reply with quote

I picked up drawing a few weeks ago. I had myself convinced that drawing was something I couldn't do. That is, until I got incredibly inspired by two incredible furry artists, TaniDaReal and Dark Natasha. Now I'm determined not only to learn to draw wolves, but furries as well.

This is a reference drawing I did of one of Dark Natasha's pieces.
Onic

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to draw furs other than wolves. After getting somewhat familiar with drawing wolves, the differences make it interesting.

The color pic is supposed to be a lion, and in all was a huge experiment. I've never used a tablet to draw before, never used Photoshop CS3, and never colored one of my drawings. So all in all I think it went well! Very Happy

The second pic is just a quick sketch I did of a wildcat. I actually meant to draw a raccoon, but it ended up looking like a cat so I went with it. The paws are especially hard.
Teric

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long have you been drawing? If it is only for a few weeks as you say, then I call foul--you've clearly had some previous experience. Granted, there is quite a bit of room for improvement, but what you have here is already pretty decent for a self-admitted beginner.

Do you have an account on FurAffinity.net?

Onic

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had any previous experience drawing furries. Seriously. I've only been going about a month and a half now, and most of what I do is referenced. As for FurAffinity, I have no account there.
All I can say is that my older brother is a fantastic artist and I've watched him a lot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Drawing Corner All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: