Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Healing Hearts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alexi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cougar2k2 wrote:
Haven't heard much from you lately. Everything going ok? Any luck with writing at all? Back in the States yet? I hope to be back in within a month. *crosses fingers*

I'll keep my candles lit for you.

And I do apologize for the laps in comms from me lately. I've been dealing with a mix of NAVY and family stuff on top of trying to deal with a lot of personal stuff. Should all be ironed out in the next week or so. And I've been back stateside for about two months. Let me know if you come through VaBeach. We'll have a few beers.

Quote:

Sorry to hear about your friend and his experience. You never are really prepared when that type of thing happens. Been through several of those over my several deployments. Once you get over the fact you may die the thing that always got me was the randomness of IED's. Never knowing when one may go off or and RKG may be thrown at you.

I know. With me, it was the not knowing when the rockets where going to come at us. They really hit and wounded at absolute random. We really didn't have mush against them.

I have around four pages written at the moment and I will hopefully get to set down and continue after this weekend. I want to get this particular chapter done as it deals with some things that I am familiar with.

Cougar2k2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey hey, just checking in to see what all is going on and if anything new is in the works. *nudge nudge wink wink*
but never will."
--Motto of Bravo Company, 1st Battalion, 46th Infantry Regiment
Alexi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually yes. It's been utter chaos around here but I have the first class exam the first week of Sept and then... That's it! I'm done with almost everything that's biting my tail off. I am also almost double digit numbers on 12's page count.

I swear, things have kept coming at me since I've gotten home. For every one thing I get nailed down, three more pop up. My life has never been this busy.

*sigh* Oh well. It can't rain all the time.

Mike should be getting a alpha draft soon. Once this test is over, I'm taking a forced break from a lot of things, possibly family included. I need to write, it's relaxing and I enjoy being in their world.

Cougar2k2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool great to hear things are starting to wind down for you. Just wanted to make sure the story wasn't discontinued or on hiatus. Take your time on it, no rushing. Smile Anywho, can't wait to read more.
but never will."

Last edited by Cougar2k2 on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Alexi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's actually alive and well and continuing to evolve in my head. A couple of spots I was getting stuck on have worked themselves out nicely.

At the rate things keep trying to grow, I may have to break it up in to two or more parts. Not sure yet.

Oh well, back to studying.

Wolfshead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else having problems opening the story up? I get a blank screen when I try to open the file.
Wolfshead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I was trying to figure out what I had done to my browser that it couldn't open the file. Smile It didn't help that I could read any other story I tested.

Hope it's something simple and thanks for the link. I had wanted to go back and reread the story again. This will teach me to save a private copy on my computer.
Alexi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am posting this here so I have witnesses.

Mike, you will have the Alpha draft by this weekend! If I have to lock myself in the bedroom with my laptop and activly withdraw from my chaos for a while, I will do so. I have all of my major fires out but some of the small issues keep rearing their collective heads. I need to put my foot down and take some time away to get some writing done.

If anything, Frank and the others are staring to loose patience with me not writing about them all.

If you don't have it by Sunday, call the cops, somethings happened to me or I can't get the door unlocked in which case, call the fire department.

Frazikar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Them's mighty stong words commin from ya...
Teric

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe Alexi that was FUNNY. Looking forward to the new content!
Alexi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny but sadly nessesary. I've been juggling so many things since i got stateside that i started drifting away from friends and the things i like doing. It took tripping across some old friends in my favorite hobby to get me to realize how much I was closing off. I've now set myself a new priority list with relaxing hobbies as a part of it.

I won't even go into the look on my face or the language I used when I realised just HOW long it'd been since I sent Mike an alpha draft.

I hope you guys like it.

Cougar2k2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, your back now. Very Happy Glad to hear your writing again as well and definately looking forward the Healing Hearts continuation.
but never will."
Alexi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy It's done! Now I just have to resque it from my laptop and get it to Mike. Shocked

I should be able to have it to him later today.

Thank you all and I mean ALL of you, for being so patient.

anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Frank...

He has absolutely no clue as to what he's about to experience.

The reception.
I have a sneaking feeling that Frank will be needed by the guy returning home from duty.

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Frazikar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only three little girls on an overnight sleepover...

Oh boy, is Frank in trouble...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: