Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Healing Hearts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfshead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back from the convention and I find lots of new chapters, YES!

Interesting insights into Frank. The care he takes in securing his workshop and avoiding situations that he knows will be stressful. Nice to see his handling of the visit from Social Services.
Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting developments.

Seems like Frank went through a rather drastic character adjustment in the service and it affected quite a few things.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Alexi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfshead: WB. Hope you had fun. Frank's a smart fur. He knew after the first confrontation in the office that they would be headhunting when they showed up. He's taken precausions for Molly's sake, that they find as little to hit him on as possible.

Karou WindStalker: With his service record and M.O.S. That is almost an understatement. Note what has been said about them so far (esp. Dr. Gables reflections.) The fur has issues.

The question is:
Are things going to get easier for him?

Frazikar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The question is:
Are things going to get easier for him?

As long as he can find that silver lining....and use it!
kcmack

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have enjoyed the last couple of chapters. I am happy to see that Frank know has someone in the wellfare office that is in his corner.

I like the interaction between Frank and Molly with the science show. Will we ever get to see what Frank was going to show her about the shockwave? You now got me curious lol. The best stories are ones you learn cool things from in my opinion!

Alexi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask yourself though, is she in Frank's corner or Molly's?

Remember she still feels that he did Candice dirty.

Maybe he did?

Remember what he told Molly's Grandfather.

"I'm no angel Herman..."

I've gotten started on chapter eight but as I stated, RL here is up in the air at the moment. I will try to keep writing as often as i can and hopefully can get back to a regular schedule soon.

anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexi wrote:
Ask yourself though, is she in Frank's corner or Molly's?

Remember she still feels that he did Candice dirty.

She's supposed to be in Molly's corner.
Anything else is dereliction of duty.

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Alexi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I like the interaction between Frank and Molly with the science show. Will we ever get to see what Frank was going to show her about the shockwave? You now got me curious lol. The best stories are ones you learn cool things from in my opinion!

Maybe. Frank's carreer has a lot of science and math in it. There is a scene at the begining of eight with Frank helping Molly with her homework by way of a set of dail calipers.

Quote:
She's supposed to be in Molly's corner.
Anything else is dereliction of duty.

Exactly. Despite her off hours manner, Carol Anne is a proffesional.

But then agai, to tease the readers a little, when he was active service, Frank was considered a proffesional too.

Thanks Mike.

Teric

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to see that my guess about Frank physically harming Candice was incorrect. So it appears that Candice got her scar from a previous husband, and is now divorced. She's not afraid of Frank after all. No telling how soon she and Frank got together after the divorce (was it a rebound? Or was it a more slowly developing relationship?), but that relationship apparently ended on an emotional low note.

Frank feels that he kicked Candice out of his life for her own protection, but I have to ask, was it the right thing to do? It certainly caused quite a bit of grief for the mouse, and also gained him an enemy in Carol. On the other hand, what might have happened had Frank allowed Candice to stay? Might he have freaked out and caused even worse emotional (or even physical?!) damage to her? And what stress would bring him so close to the breaking point that he would push away someone who he loved? Must've been something pretty severe.

They're both emotional wrecks at this point, so getting back together may not be the best idea until some healing can take place. Heh... makes me wonder if Molly is going to be the one to bring them back into a relationship with each other, much to Carol's chagrin. Wink

Sharp kid, that little doe! She doesn't miss much. Between picking up Carol's angry vibes and (almost successfully) hiding her dismay from the mink, to understanding the complexities of kinetics on a travelling bullet, this kid is one to watch. And through it all, she's still a soft, tender-hearted little girl. Geez, Alexi, where did you dig her up? I wanna have a daughter like that.

Alexi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teric wrote:
I'm happy to see that my guess about Frank physically harming Candice was incorrect. So it appears that Candice got her scar from a previous husband, and is now divorced. She's not afraid of Frank after all. No telling how soon she and Frank got together after the divorce (was it a rebound? Or was it a more slowly developing relationship?), but that relationship apparently ended on an emotional low note.

Their history is going to be discussed later in the next couple of chapters. I can say that they knew each other growing up and that their relationship was about two years after the divorce. (Need to reverify my notes.) Oh and the theory that Frank gave her that scar was something i was dreading. I fully expected to catch a lot of grief about him being abusive. But then again, who says he hasn't. His life is still a shadow.

Quote:
Frank feels that he kicked Candice out of his life for her own protection, but I have to ask, was it the right thing to do? It certainly caused quite a bit of grief for the mouse, and also gained him an enemy in Carol. On the other hand, what might have happened had Frank allowed Candice to stay? Might he have freaked out and caused even worse emotional (or even physical?!) damage to her? And what stress would bring him so close to the breaking point that he would push away someone who he loved? Must've been something pretty severe.

Congratulations, you have succesfully entered Frank's head and discovered his quandry in regards to Candice. Did he do the right thing? After talking with Carol, I suspect that he might have his doubts now.

Quote:
They're both emotional wrecks at this point,

Hello there understanement.

Quote:
so getting back together may not be the best idea until some healing can take place. Heh... makes me wonder if Molly is going to be the one to bring them back into a relationship with each other, much to Carol's chagrin. Wink

Who knows, He was taking a good look at Evelyn too.

Quote:
Sharp kid, that little doe! She doesn't miss much. Between picking up Carol's angry vibes and (almost successfully) hiding her dismay from the mink, to understanding the complexities of kinetics on a travelling bullet, this kid is one to watch. And through it all, she's still a soft, tender-hearted little girl. Geez, Alexi, where did you dig her up? I wanna have a daughter like that.

My son Michael actually. He has picked up on a lot of things that pass between my wife and I and has since he was about three. He also is an insainly sharp child and at 7 1/2, already understands the basic laws of physics, and far mor math than most kids his age (In second grade, doing third grade work.) He is deceptivly smart but overly emotionaly aware of others. I love him to death though. He's my little buddy.

anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kids like that needs to be watched...

Preferably from a safe distance...

Twisted Evil

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Alexi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right Anthony. I do need to watch him. I can't guide him if I don't watch him. And the only way for a good father to watch his son is from right beside him. Wink
Alexi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note: Eight is in Mike's hands as we speak. I must apologize for it being only nine pages long. As we have discussed in other threads, Trying to pad out a story to reach the page count gives an inferior product for the fans.

I stopped it where I did because it was where it needed to be stopped. It took the story the places I wanted it to go and if I tried to add more just to get to my "norm" I'd have ended up giving you something I would have regretted.

So, quality over quantity.

As a consolidation though, nine is up to four pages and I am only on the first scene still and no wheres near finished with it.

Thank you for the patience.

Teric

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished reading 8. Gash dernit!

Frank was a sniper! And from the looks of things, a darn good one, too. Makes me think that what haunts him is a mistake; either taking a shot that he shouldn't have or not taking a shot that could've saved a friend's life. Time will tell, I'm sure, but it's neat to watch the clues unfold.

I'm getting a *really* bad taste in my mouth from Carol. Somehow she's of the opinion that once a fur has made some bad choices, there's no way to change nor redeem; that fur will always be a bad fur. *sigh* And on top of that, she's had a couple of years to poison Candi's heart against Frank.

I'm sure Carol would do everything in her power to stop Candi from going to see Frank; I'm glad Candi waited to do it on her own. She's right, however--this could turn into a huge disaster if any one of a number of things goes wrong!

Please keep level heads, both of you... Shocked

Alexi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teric wrote:
Just finished reading 8. Gash dernit!

Frank was a sniper! And from the looks of things, a darn good one, too. Makes me think that what haunts him is a mistake; either taking a shot that he shouldn't have or not taking a shot that could've saved a friend's life. Time will tell, I'm sure, but it's neat to watch the clues unfold.

I'm suprised some folk didn't see that comming earlier about Frank's MOS. Did you catch it before the dream or after. (Anyone who knows the corp, know that there's only one kind of "advanced marksmanship" course at quantico. Wink )
Good speculations. All I can say is, before the story is done, you will know exactly what Frank's hiding and to just what extent it affects his life and those around him.

Quote:
I'm getting a *really* bad taste in my mouth from Carol. Somehow she's of the opinion that once a fur has made some bad choices, there's no way to change nor redeem; that fur will always be a bad fur. *sigh* And on top of that, she's had a couple of years to poison Candi's heart against Frank.

Sadly, I know people like this. First impressions are cast in stone, usually the rock of ages. Sader still, there have been times when that judgemental person was me. I try very hard to give second chances and not judge people like that. It's very hard though. I am proud to say that it has become a rare occurence with me anymore.

Quote:
I'm sure Carol would do everything in her power to stop Candi from going to see Frank; I'm glad Candi waited to do it on her own. She's right, however--this could turn into a huge disaster if any one of a number of things goes wrong!

You're right, she probably would have (This is in a later chapter.)

The scene that is set up by that last line of the chapter takes up almost five full pages. I spoke with Chris Yost about part of it and found that, no, I wasn't crazy or the only author to tear up while writting due to what was unfolding in my head with the charicters. I will honestly say that it toe me up inside to sit and watch the whole conversation unfold. Seeing the hurt and anger in both their faces and in their words. I was dipressed for a couple of days.

Quote:
Please keep level heads, both of you... Shocked

Nothing's ever level when that much emotion is involved.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: