Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Healing Hearts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alexi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
One thought is how long the story will end up running.

Example: ZZ Studios. The story time is only about 3 months maybe less, but it has been going on in real time for 5 years. Take a look at the Sabrina Online Story and you find similar.

And Chapter 4 should go up tomorrow evening.

Well, I would like it to go at least one year or more story time wise. I have several snippits of "Frank's Hannukah"

The last 24 hours though have been a wealth of story knowledge for me. I've had bit characters come in and let me know things, I've seen visions of varying things and possible outcomes. I feel like I've been stairing in to the well of Urdu with Oden's eye. It's almost maddening. I'm trying to scrawl things down before I forget them only to find that they mutate and become something else besides.

It's cool but kind of unerving.

Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexi wrote:
Mike Regan wrote:
One thought is how long the story will end up running.

Example: ZZ Studios. The story time is only about 3 months maybe less, but it has been going on in real time for 5 years. Take a look at the Sabrina Online Story and you find similar.

And Chapter 4 should go up tomorrow evening.

Well, I would like it to go at least one year or more story time wise. I have several snippits of "Frank's Hannukah"

The last 24 hours though have been a wealth of story knowledge for me. I've had bit characters come in and let me know things, I've seen visions of varying things and possible outcomes. I feel like I've been stairing in to the well of Urdu with Oden's eye. It's almost maddening. I'm trying to scrawl things down before I forget them only to find that they mutate and become something else besides.

It's cool but kind of unerving.

Welcome to the world of being an author.

Not only have I had bit parts tell me things, I've had main characters making bedsprings squeak energetically... Embarassed

Trust me, it gets weirder than snake shoes.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Alexi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karou WindStalker wrote:

Welcome to the world of being an author.

Not only have I had bit parts tell me things, I've had main characters making bedsprings squeak energetically... Embarassed

Trust me, it gets weirder than snake shoes.

That's actually an entire small sub-plot point for me later. I have seen a lot more than the readers will of several characters.

I think what really gets to me though is, that I have seen the character's lives all the way to the end. Also, I have several scenes in my head that have been scrapped.

It's fun for me to write this because I am seeing the story vaguely in my head all the time, but it doesn't come into focus until I set down to the keys. When you read one of the upcoming chapters, you'll know why it took me a few days between writing it and the first time I was able to go back and start editing it.

Concolor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexi wrote:

That's actually an entire small sub-plot point for me later. I have seen a lot more than the readers will of several characters.

I think what really gets to me though is, that I have seen the character's lives all the way to the end. Also, I have several scenes in my head that have been scrapped.

It's fun for me to write this because I am seeing the story vaguely in my head all the time, but it doesn't come into focus until I set down to the keys. When you read one of the upcoming chapters, you'll know why it took me a few days between writing it and the first time I was able to go back and start editing it.

I know what you mean about the 'scrapped' sections. I have a file FULL of such 'orphans'. Unfortunately, I've only managed to find a home for a couple of them ... but not in GW.

Chapter 4: Settling In
I think this is a good name for it, and a good name for what the reader goes through while reading it. It was ... comforting. And yes, children ARE resilient, amazingly so in a situation like this. Abuse is a different story, but then Molly has never known abuse. What she HAS known is love and appreciation and support and warmth, and I think that is what she will continue to find ... and likely do very well.

Okay, speculation time. Rabbi Ipplestien was very insistent with that officious bureaucrat, and got the situation pushed through to his satisfaction, BUT they were told that the case worker would be out to see his setup. That's just dandy, as long as the case worker is a reasonable individual. HOWEVER, I'd say that kind was outnumbered by those who don't give a crap, who are only there to collect a paycheck, and by those who have a personal agenda that tends to "cloud judgment" on certain issues. I speak from sad personal experience on this issue.

Specifically, as far as the story is concerned, I'm thinking about Frank's livelihood. If the case worker is some kind of rabid gun-hater -- and there are a LOT of them in government positions -- she/he could make things REALLY unpleasant. In that case I'd have to dig up a portal somewhere, enter the story myself, and administer a beatdown. Evil or Very Mad

So ... really good work. Entertains and makes me think. Licking my chops for Chapter 5.

Alexi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concolor: I love my "orphans" Sometimes they make their way into the story anyway, just in a new form. Just because I don't use the scene doesn't mean the at the idea that spwned it isn't still viable.

I was hesitant with this one because not a lot goes on. Then I looked at it after a few days and realized that actually, quite a lot goes on, it's just not what I was expecting when I sat down to write. This is the first chapter were I started to realize that the story had gotten massively bigger than I had originaly outlined.

Of course The Rabbi was agressive in his negotiations. Though I am not Jewish, I have several Hebrew friends and believe me, there is no more skillfull negotiator than a motivated Rabbi. Herman is a very loving grandfather. Motivated is an understantement.

And as for the rest of your speculations...

You make it sound like Carol Anne's gonna hold a grudge or something?

Wink

Wolfshead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexi wrote:
Very Happy I love reader speculation. It's soo cool to see where people take things and what they see that may have not.

Alright, lets try this one on. Frank mentioned the reason the case worker held a grudge was a friend had been seeing Frank and it had ended badly. One wonders if said friend knows what CW is doing and if she would approve. There is a large difference between an unpleasant breakup and having someone blatantly abuse their position of authority on a totally unrelated matter.

One does hope that with two levels of superior already involved in the case that she will be a little cautious in how she handles the matter.
tobi3B

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Chapter

[br]Feed Me![br]Adopted from Valenth
Teric

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured Frank would lose a bit of his temper sooner or later; I saw this coming as soon as he recognized the case worker. I'm glad Rabbi Ipplestein was there; he took complete command of the situation very quickly. It might have gotten unnecessarily ugly if it had just been Frank and Mrs. Rogers.

PTSD. I don't know too much about it, nor have I had any personal experience with anyone who suffers from it. But I saw it there in his intense focus when he was working on the shotgun, and the quick way that he whirled around when Mrs. Ipplestein came to his shop. I realize that he has very tender feelings for Molly, but I fear that his PTSD may come into play some time down the road. It might end up scaring the poor little doe out of her implicit trust of this fur...

I thought it was neat how you explored the dynamics of a deer family, and how a young buck's first antlers would be a really special event. You're making this world come alive, Alexi. Very nicely done.

Alexi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have stated before, A good cousin of mine is where i draw a lot of PTSD knowledge from, first hand. I have seen what he's done to survive it for over forty three years on his own. (They finally diagnosed him two years ago.) and I envisioned that part of Frank as a "What if" he'd sought and succesfully found help. My cousin stated for years that he needed help, the world only lately seems to realize that he wasn't joking.

Frank's Temper (and control there of) makes an apperance a few more times. At least by current draft. I have noticed that things keep changing on me as I write.

Your are correct though Teric. With Carol Anne's ability to get under Frank's skin, ugly is an understatement.

Thank you for the deer comment. I don't know why, but the scene hit me when I was writting chapter two. I keep asking myself why a charicter is/ would be doing something vice why we do them. It seemed logical for a deer to proud of his son's first antlers. It would be a sign of his entering adulthood. I have had a few revelations about this world like that. I am glad you enjoyed it.

Frazikar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes it's the little things thrown in 'just because' that enhance/enrich a tale far more than some of the more purposeful prose...
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are some dangerous words...

A femme with a scar and a disturbing past that is about to return.

Things are getting exiting...

Wink

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Frazikar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some supporting cast members have the most interesting introductions.....or is that they have darker pasts...
Alexi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who Candice? Oh she has a few issues. Some of them have everything to do with the ferret we all are getting to know and sort of love.
tobi3B

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chapter I enjoyed to read.
At least we now know who Carol Annes friend is.
But I really want to know how Candice got that scar. Was it Frank or
a customer from the bar where she is working.
Why do I have the feeling that that scar is a massive burden to Candice and Frank.

[br]Feed Me![br]Adopted from Valenth
Alexi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good speculations. Cool

The history behind the scar (btw, it's one that I have and for the same reason, just different cause.) is very much a burden on Candice. As for Frank... we'll just have to see.

As for the players involved in that little plot thread. Well, it'll all become clear in later chapters.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: