Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Planetfurry WoW Guild
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Faction Will The Guild Side With?
Alliance
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
Horde
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

francesis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drow?
Divided by Zero

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Drow

The basis for Night Elves. Lol, WoW kinda turned it around backwards.

Michael 03/22/15
Jonathan 04/10/15
Benleopard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Panderian Empire... Give me a Brewmaster class... *hic*
Teric

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd LOVE to play as a Pandaren!! But sadly, it will never be, since WoW is pretty big in China--it would be seen as a sacrelige.
Benleopard

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

news leak for the next expansion pack... horde will get goblins and alliance will get the Wrog (not the pansy ones in silverpine forest and grizzle hills)
Tora_Frogg
Divided by Zero

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benleopard wrote:
news leak for the next expansion pack... horde will get goblins and alliance will get the Wrog (not the pansy ones in silverpine forest and grizzle hills)

We all knew horde would get goblins. But Wrogs? Really?

Michael 03/22/15
Jonathan 04/10/15
Benleopard

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup, I believe their start zone will be below silverpine forest, behind the great wall (they are kinda like the dranai, traveler's from a differnt world who stay in a better looking wolf form). This is what I hear about so its not exactly proven fact right now.
Teric

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a leak, I'm afraid. The only 'leak' was the texture for two new halloween masks: goblin and worgen. First time we've seen any female worgen, by the way.

The speculation is this: The last time any new halloween masks were introduced were the Blood Elf and Draenei masks, right before the release of the Burning Crusade expansion. So, the rumor is that these two new masks indicate that Blizzard plans to add the goblin and worgen as playable races.

Here is my take on it:

Neither one of these races have close ties to either faction. Goblins have freely traded with both sides ever since the third great war, and they are much more interested in gadgetry and profit than loyalties. Worgen, on the other hand, have no declared loyalty except to themselves. They made a reappearance in Northrend as part of the Wrath of the Lich King expansion, but again, they are hostile to both Horde and Alliance equally. As a result, if these two races were to be added as new playable races, they would have to be neutral and allow the players themselves to either remain neutral or embark on a series of quests that would allow them to permanently join one faction or the other. Considering how heavily WoW is slanted toward faction-vs-faction conflict, I have my doubts that Blizzard will want to take the game in this direction.

Furthermore, while Goblins have a decent amount of story lore behind them already, the Worgen's story lore is woefully short. There really isn't much tying the Worgen's race, culture, history, nor ambitions into the intricate Warcraft storyline; not enough to justify making them a playable race at any rate.

Finally, the introduction of two new playable races would be a major event in the Warcraft universe, much more complicated and involved than a simple monthly patch could handle. With all of the new playable areas, animations, texturing, voiceovers, quests, new equipment, and retro-designing of old equipment to fit with the new races, this is definitely expansion-worthy material. With the relatively recent release of WotLK, I don't expect another expansion to be released for at least 18 months.

So, in my opinion, the two new races are just an unfounded rumor, and the new halloween masks are just that: halloween masks.

Tora_Frogg
Divided by Zero

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worgen's are awesome and Deathwing is awesomer.
Michael 03/22/15
Jonathan 04/10/15

Last edited by Tora_Frogg on Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trekkie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teric wrote:
Not a leak, I'm afraid. The only 'leak' was the texture for two new halloween masks: goblin and worgen. First time we've seen any female worgen, by the way.

The speculation is this: The last time any new halloween masks were introduced were the Blood Elf and Draenei masks, right before the release of the Burning Crusade expansion. So, the rumor is that these two new masks indicate that Blizzard plans to add the goblin and worgen as playable races.

Here is my take on it:

Neither one of these races have close ties to either faction. Goblins have freely traded with both sides ever since the third great war, and they are much more interested in gadgetry and profit than loyalties. Worgen, on the other hand, have no declared loyalty except to themselves. They made a reappearance in Northrend as part of the Wrath of the Lich King expansion, but again, they are hostile to both Horde and Alliance equally. As a result, if these two races were to be added as new playable races, they would have to be neutral and allow the players themselves to either remain neutral or embark on a series of quests that would allow them to permanently join one faction or the other. Considering how heavily WoW is slanted toward faction-vs-faction conflict, I have my doubts that Blizzard will want to take the game in this direction.

Furthermore, while Goblins have a decent amount of story lore behind them already, the Worgen's story lore is woefully short. There really isn't much tying the Worgen's race, culture, history, nor ambitions into the intricate Warcraft storyline; not enough to justify making them a playable race at any rate.

Finally, the introduction of two new playable races would be a major event in the Warcraft universe, much more complicated and involved than a simple monthly patch could handle. With all of the new playable areas, animations, texturing, voiceovers, quests, new equipment, and retro-designing of old equipment to fit with the new races, this is definitely expansion-worthy material. With the relatively recent release of WotLK, I don't expect another expansion to be released for at least 18 months.

So, in my opinion, the two new races are just an unfounded rumor, and the new halloween masks are just that: halloween masks.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm/features/worgen.html

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2009/august/images/ss18_hires.jpg

tobi3B

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yutECWu2OFg&feature=popular

[br]Feed Me![br]Adopted from Valenth
Teric

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand corrected.
Tora_Frogg
Divided by Zero

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I think it's close enough to call it a finished poll, so The PF Guild is officially Alliance Faction.

Now, we should probably decide on a name. Now the obvious choice would be "Planet Furry", but I personally think we should have something . . . MORE. My thoughts are lacking so Lets start bouncing ideas around.

Michael 03/22/15
Jonathan 04/10/15
Teric

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suggestions off the top of my head:

The Furry Force
Primal Furries
Fang and Claw (or Claw and Fang)
The Furry Brigade
Planet Furry Brigade
Paws and Tails
Paws of Thunder

Benleopard

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Planet Furry Brigade

or

Furry Allaince
United Furry Federation
Furry Confederacy
Furry Union (FU) XP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: