Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fantastic Mr. Fox
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Syrius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are excused because this is the first time you've seen the thread, and joined way after it was out of sight. Razz

I also didn't say 10 of what. Could be candy, or pebbles. Very Happy

Xaqtly

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. Obviously I got the wrong impression of the movie from the trailers - or the trailers didn't do a good enough job of showing what the movie was really like - because I loved it.

I bought the combo too (which BTW really annoyed me, I just wanted the Blu-Ray, didn't want to have to pay for that, the DVD and the digital download) and it's...

Well, it's fantastic. Highly recommended. Go see it/get it/rent/borrow whatever you have to do.

tijn

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and my wife enjoyed a private show of this film (we were probably the last ones to view it) in a tiny theater.
No surround or any digital stuff. That does mean the sound and image quality will be limited (after all, it's a copy of ... etc) but I have to say, it does give me close to 'original' Roal Dahl feeling.
I wonder if Dahl decided to adjust the story here and there to get the really mean parts out. I understand he did get mellow towards the end of his career.

Funny thing you ask my opinion on this, well, I liked the movie. The characters are pretty artfully close, no, on top of the book's original descriptive feeling.

Comment from my wife: 'nice to see they used puppets, the hairy feeling would be gone with computers' and I wholeheartedly agree.

Lovely and loving work.
Must see if you haven't, must comment if you have.
Hawke

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about buying a copy from work...

"^HuK'D aWN FoNYCs WuRKD 4 MEEEEEE!!!!"
Teric

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this for the first time at FurCon a few months ago. I enjoyed it VERY much, and I give huge kudos to the folks who worked their tails off to do the traditional stop-motion animation that went into this movie.

Took my family to go see it last month, and they enjoyed it as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: