Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dragon Empire Saga: Rise of the Slaves
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks mike that might be a big help. I'm having to take it to fry's to see what their geek squad can do with it tomorrow.

this other story, is it that one a fantasy fiction per chance? if it is, it is being published for a fantasy novel by Wizards of the Coast "cross my fingers and hope", but I wouldn't mind if you sent that over though. Anything the guys over there missed is solid helpful. fresh eyes are always great. Cool

DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was giving a quick re-proof reading of chapter five and found something that might serve as an interesting puzzle. I thought it might be a bit fun to solve a secret math problem I hid on P. 27.

It took us about six hours to finish stealthing the base. We had started about an hour before sunrise, about six in the morning by Earth comparable time
When we were finally done, it looked as though it was two hours close to what passes for noon, or mid day on this world. This planet’s day seemed to be a bit longer than those of Earth. I’d say it was about two hours longer than the average Earth day.

first thing to consider is about six hours after midnight earth time they started, so, if they finish two hours to noon on this new world, at what time should they have finished back on earth? Then the next question is how may hours did it take them to work?

answer correctly and you get a prize of having your name (or your fursona, if you have one) appearing in the next chapter

Benleopard

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess would be 11am the finished so they must have worked for 5 hours all together on earth standard time.

DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good answer, but consider the last sentence in the problem and compensate for relativity.
DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats to Benleoperd the prize goes to him. his answer was the closest, and only answer. I'm almost ready to finish the chapter so, if he will just let me know what kind of character he would like me to write in for him I would be much appreciated.

the correct answer was 12:00 earth standard time. this is based on the fact that the day on "Eden Prime" is 2 hours longer than on earth.

I have currently a little surprise as a bonus. I need names for generals in the rebel militia, so it would seem I need some flag characters as well.

Hawke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on new updates? I really enjoyed the first several chapters and am looking for more...

"^HuK'D aWN FoNYCs WuRKD 4 MEEEEEE!!!!"
DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are coming, I can't promise anytime soon, but eventually. I haven't had time to work on it because I've been too busy to working on something else bigger and hopefully more lucrative.

I'm working on a collection of shorty stories. Ones I had written and let rot in an old journal back when I was in college. The shear volume of material is staggering, so it has taken up allot of my free time, and yet I am still only a quarter of the way done. When it is all cleaned up and finished I plan to publish it professionally if I can. but that takes us off the subject.

Anyways, I am working on this story, but it will be taking a back seat to my college work, Due to it being more profitable, its not that its more interesting, "Its just good business."

DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chapter six is now done and awaiting some editing from mike, hopefully it will be posted by Saturday.
DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what happened to chapter 6? the site shows it was updated but the file only shows chapter 5.
Asalis

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really need to check back with this forum more often. I'm sorry I should have noticed this little tidbit was up. your writing is coming along very nicely. I'll give a more in-depth critique once I've caught up.

We, dig, giant robots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U

I hate the DMV
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's OK about losing chapter 6 I had to completely rewrite the ending because it just wasn't epic enough for me so you can wait till next week before you post it.

also I'm sorry for making more work for you, but it has grown quite a few pages and needs re editing. I'll have it to you by Tuesday.

AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: Dragon Empire Saga: Rise of the Slaves Reply with quote

DragonWolf_keny wrote:
I decided to post all my new works on my deviantart account
http://kenywolf.deviantart.com/

Are there any other pics of Sadaria in the works? I recall mention of wings in the story but they're not visible in the one pic I see.

Quote:
“Well, since we’re finally doing some real good, I guess we might as well celebrate.” she said as she picked up a wine bottle and followed after me and Jack.

I stated as we left the bridge,...

A wine bottle on the bridge?

DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Dragon Empire Saga: Rise of the Slaves Reply with quote

AmigaDragon wrote:
DragonWolf_keny wrote:
I decided to post all my new works on my deviantart account
http://kenywolf.deviantart.com/

Are there any other pics of Sadaria in the works? I recall mention of wings in the story but they're not visible in the one pic I see.

I personally do not have any such plans. The one you are referring to, was just an old okay a really old sketch is actually by my admission a collaborated work from before I had totally decided the characters overall looks.
when I say collaborate I actually meant they did the hard stuff and tried, but failed at teaching me to draw anything with a living anatomy

I doubt since I have not practiced in so long, I could ever do anything remotely as amazing as that one first time work. but by all means if any really skilled artists are willing to take a shot at a new one. Very Happy I should stick to buildings, and robots, and giant weapons or giant robots. Razz

Quote:
“Well, since we’re finally doing some real good, I guess we might as well celebrate.” she said as she picked up a wine bottle and followed after me and Jack.

I stated as we left the bridge,...

AmigaDragon wrote:
A wine bottle on the bridge?

Actually that will be a running gag throughout the story. Laughing

She is based off of a real person, an old friend of mine, whom had a habit to randomly brandish alcoholic beverages from seemingly thin air at unexpected times and throw a party. serously she was like a ninja bartender!#Beer

AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Most however, were older and probably trained as either a soldier or in hard labor working. There were twenty of us in all, and most were either too young, or too weak to fight in an all out war.

Until this line I was thinking there were many more slaves in this batch. It would have been nice to have an idea of this number earlier, if not shortly after gaining the slaves, then shortly after entering hyperspace.

DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually now that you brought it up the number issue is something I think may become a continuity issue.

It is a problem because it is difficult issue to address. If you figure o n the space within the ship versus the amount of care for their accommodation within it. the number comes down to how many there could physically be fit into the ships lower hold area.

however, there is another factor here as well, the ship is an assault landing craft. So I'm thinking that if one goes by the factor of the ships purpose it would be required to accommodate at least half of the expected personal at those assault modules it had been carrying.
If this were the case it would also have the additional rooms to do so, and one would consider the slaves could also be crammed into those rooms as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: