Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Idea, Furriest Place on Earth??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you Like there to be a furry invasion of Disneyland?
Yes
65%
 65%  [ 17 ]
Maybe
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Furry invasion of Disneyland, what now??
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 26

Benleopard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Idea, Furriest Place on Earth?? Reply with quote

I would like to get a ground Idea within the furry community to maybe get the ground base of having the furrys invade Disneyland for a weekend. It is just a thought process at the moment but I would like to have everyone's imput on the matter.

My thought is that if their will be a Furriest Place on Earth, that the most likely time would be during the late fall to early spring before it gets unbearably hot, but not to conflict with holiday season and conventions.
Concolor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Orlando in mid-November. That's when and where my wife and I took our honeymoon, and it was lovely.

Furs in Disney? Sure, why not. The gay community does a similar thing, and it seems to go over pretty well.

Benleopard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its the general Idea, but yes it could be for either California or Florida. Their are pro's and Con's to each state. For example, California has less overall room than Florida, but it is the original park and it can be easier for all the furries to gather for a weekend. Florida has more parks and more space with a vast variety of parks to go to. But that is also the down side, it is too much wide open space for a full gathering of all furries to crash a park. Twisted Evil (not to mention the Florida magic kingdom is kinda a big joke compared to Disneyland in customer service but their other parks are very up to date and on par with Disney's well renown customer service (plus you don't have to make reservations 6 months in advance for a good restaurant in the other parks like in magic kingdom.)

So in retro spec its just an Idea to place out there that might start a snowball effect.
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind going to something like that at Disneyland though only if we can bring our own food I'm not paying $60 at the gate then $20 for a meal I can get for less then $10 anywhere else.

Teric

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in agreement with Mike on this one. Would love to do it, but would have to plan far in advance so I can save my pennies and nickles.
Benleopard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teric wrote:
I'm in agreement with Mike on this one. Would love to do it, but would have to plan far in advance so I can save my pennies and nickles.

I completely agree, thus it is just an idea at the moment (with hopes the economy gets out of the septic tank).

But now think of it, D-land California could be a bit of a far expensive reach for those in Europe... hmmm tough choices are at hand, but overall still something fun in mind.
Amalthea

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't we all meet up at downtown Disney? You don't need money to get in there? ....right? Embarassed

The Crying Wolf
Xaqtly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted yes. I'd be able to go to Disneyland, and I also strongly agree that it has to be during a dead time. It should be a middle of the week day, when kids are in school and all that. It's so much more enjoyable when there isn't a 4 hour wait for every ride.
Rabbit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll add that if I was gonna plan a big furry event, I'd make darn sure they'd allow suits first. What do you think Disney's reaction will be when at least a hardy, heat-resistant few show up in costumes better than their own?
Benleopard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the thing Rabbit, they have to allow fursuiter's or it will be a discrimination act against a group (also they let in the fursuiters into Euro Disney). Plus I was more along the line of having it during the cold season here so it will not be bad for anyone inside a Fur suit (should be quit snug for them).
Rabbit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Respectfully--- If a bunch of people-- even if they were just WWII re-enactors-- showed up wearing brown uniforms and swastikas, would it be discrimination against a group not to allow _them_ in?

All I'm saying is, it's wise to check first. Won't matter to me-- I won't be there as theme parks don't happen to be my thing, and I can't afford long trips anymore anyway. So, I'll let the subject drop here.
Benleopard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL... its sad that its the same place everywhere in D-land, just don't pay enough, but just enough to keep working there
Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the issue with Disney paying just enough without actually paying enough. They are located in places with extremely high cost of living rates. When Patty worked at Barnes and Nobles they paid her a decent hourly wage and gave good benefits. The problem is that while $9.50/hr is a fairly good hourly wage these days it is no where near good enough to live on. Very few people in this country get paid what they're really worth.

As far as going to the convention I know that back in '98 D-World hosted a competition called Odyessy of the Mind (The original one not the current incarnation) and while it was fun to be at, (Patty and I were volunteering) the park is just too damn large for a crash unless we were to summon up several thousand, all of whom were at least wearing ears and tails so they could be recognized as furries.

RCraccoon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok well here is an idea what if you were to crash another theme park like perhaps Knottsberry Farm its just as fun in my opinion but a little smaller?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah what we need to do is go somewhere in the US that is a little more central to make it easier for everyone. I say we all get together in St.Paul, MN and crash a Saints game, hell they'd probably love it. http://www.saintsbaseball.com

If we got to the stadium early enough we could bring a whole new meaning to the term "Tail"gating.

Last edited by Sigurd Volsung on Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: