Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MFM 2009 Track is CONFIRMED
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> KWKAT - Planetfurry NetRadio Station!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leonato

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: MFM 2009 Track is CONFIRMED Reply with quote

Its official, we have a time slot and location at MFM to do a live broadcast. So, for you furs who can not afford to go to MFM this year, or for some other reason wont be there, be sure to tune in! Give ya a chance to listen in to the insanity of MFM!

Name: KWKAT Internet Radio Broadcast (Party)
Day/Time: 10:00 PM Saturday - Midnight Sunday
Track: Music Events
Description: Live Saturday night music party for the KWKAT internet radio station. Come and dance, listen to the music, request a song and just have fun.
Leads: Leonato, Journye, PrincessB, IronTiger

Its basically gonna be a special broadcast of the Lynx and Vixen variety show, including PrincessB and IronTiger (and all their music Wink) So it will most certainly be a requests show as well, taking requests both online (just like our regular show), and from people on the floor at the con.
I will also be setup to plug in a MP3 player if you have one, to play some specific song or two if you want to bring a couple songs to play (time constraints prevent me from being able to promise more than just a song or two).
The show will also be recorded for later broadcast, so if the craptastic internet connection at the con hotel wipes out or degrades the feed, there will be later broadcasts, like a taped delay.

Also, look forward to some upcoming broadcasts of the Lynx and Vixen variety show, as I get my rig back up and running for broadcast properly.

Thanks especially to PrincessB for getting this all setup with the MFM staff, and making sure that we could even get a time slot in one of the conference rooms!

PF's resident Lynx/Domestic Reader/DJ and his partners in crime,
Leonato, Journye, PrincessB and IronTiger

AladTheAnthro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo, i'll have to make a note of that... That would be 12:00 in my timezone when the broadcast starts, so i'll be able to check out at least 18 hours of the show. Smile
mwalimu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being that I'm one of the other DJs on KWKAT and planning to attend MFM 2009, I'll be there. I had even debated about trying to do a live broadcast from the convention during my regular 7-9pm Thursday timeslot but decided against it for this year (I'd still love to do it in the future).

(Alad: I believe the show runs only two hours)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Leonato

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arg! Yes, its only a two hour slot... Sorry for the confusion in the wording of that time slot... its not midnight Sunday, its midnight Saturday, that night...
Though the thought of an 18 hour broadcast is interesting.... I know for a fact I would not have the energy to manage that.... Just one hour can wear me out, its a lot more work than I had ever figured it would be!
Thanks for the interest though, and mwalimu, I look forward to seeing you there!

PF's resident Lynx/Domestic Reader/DJ,
Leonato

AladTheAnthro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, it still would've been cool to hear a marathon live broadcast that would be the aural equiv to spending a day at the con... Laughing
Teric

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladTheAnthro wrote:
Aw, it still would've been cool to hear a marathon live broadcast that would be the aural equiv to spending a day at the con... Laughing

QUOTED.
FOR.
TRUTH.

I'll listen in to the recorded feed, for sure. Looking forward to it!

PrincessB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just posted on MFM lj:

Live Saturday night music party for the KWKAT internet radio station. Come and dance, listen to the music, request a song and just have fun.

Saturday night of MFM from 10pm till midnight, KWKAT internet radio will be having a Saturday night party in conference room 8.
At previous MFM's Leonato and Journye have participated in live broadcasts (online as long as the internet was not over run) and often had quite a gathering both in person and online.
This year Leonato and Journye will be joined by IronTiger and PrincessB for a dance party. We'll be playing anything great for dancing, (not just club or techno) and we'll be taking requests! That's right, if you have a song you'd like us to play stop by and request it, we have a huge library of music and if we don't have it and you do, we will have it set up so we can connect mp3 players so you can share your favorite dance song with the party!

We will be broadcasting online as long as the internet is not over run. It will also be recorded to be re-aired later if we lose internet. We plan to have Mardi gras beads to hand out at the door (no need to do anything for them!). We request that any glow in the dark items be ON you, no wild swinging, for everyones safely.

We look forward to seeing everyone at MFM and hope you will come visit and enjoy some great music and dancing!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rabbit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very glad this was made to happen, after I promised to help and then had to leave MFM staff due to job issues. I felt really bad about that, and remain very sorry I was unable to be of any assistance.
PrincessB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's alright Rabbit, we understand how life likes to rear it's ugly head. Once it looked more likely for us all to attend I talked to Wolfpaws and got us in the schedule.
PrincessB

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to tune into KWKAT Saturday night 10pm to midnight (central time) for the special MFM Saturday Night Party airing! Smile
Teric

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you guys be on IM or IRC so we can contact you online for requests or just to try to distract you? ;P
PrincessB

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AIM: LeonatoLynx
YIM: rdisleonato
IRC: Leonato in the PlanetFurry chat room

Should all be open as long as there is interwebs. Requests are welcome (please keep it up beat, nothing like "Tears On My Pillow")

Teric

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope I didn't do something wrong... but I missed the entire broadcast. Sad

I tried again and again to tune into:

http://radio.planetfurry.com:9000

But it never came up.

PrincessB

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We actually were unable to get internets till around midnight. Yes I realize that midnight was when we were supposed to be stopping, however, at midnight our room was packed with dancers and so we kept going till 1:30am when we had to stop so that rooms above us could have an option to sleep.

It was all recorded and will be re-aired and we will update with dates/times as we know them.

We had a lot request that we do it all again Sunday night and I do intend to talk to peoples to see if we can have the space. If so I will try to get back here and let everyone know, still no guarantees of internets but we'll try.

Leonato

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, MFM is just about to wind down, and we dun feel like quitting yet! Things are looking promising to have the room again tonight, and better chance of getting intarwebs. Sorry about the lack of broadcast till way late last night... the internet room coordinator was able through sheer determination, to get us a wireless device with better pickup on it, and put it into a client mode to get us online... it actually worked... but it took a good bit of tinkering on his part... We did not go 'LIVE' till a good bit after midnight... but we WERE on KWKAT... it was just too late for anyone to tune in.

WE HAD A BLAST... we had NO IDEA we were gonna have the turnout we did... turns out furs in fursuits LOVE to dance... They kept leaving and getting friends and returning and dancing like crazy furs. The little conference room they stuck us in... was WALL TO WALL full of bouncing dancing furs, most of which in fursuits. I kept up taking pictures (adding to the strobe effect on the floor with my flash Wink ) so those will be in the MFM report coming from us... Princess was shooting pictures, and Journye even got some pictures of myself and I.T. at the DJ table that we were basically chained to.

PF's resident Lynx/Domestic Reader/DJ,
Leonato

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> KWKAT - Planetfurry NetRadio Station! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: