Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

vidio games? what would you want to play?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelvin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may come as a surprise to some furs, but I actually don`t like most of the games in the Bomberman series. I love the ones with plots and areas to explore, like the always amazing Bomberman 64 games and Bomberman Story and Story DS. But I don`t like the old ones where it`s just beat the baddies, find the door, rinse and repeat. They get old fast.

I like RTS games, my favorite being Warzone 2100 (if it had a map editor, it`d be perfect). I like being able to set up impenitrable defenses and watch my enemies squirm before my wall of pepperpots and archangel missiles while i research the satelite gun and wipe out thier factories, and then the joy of massing them with a ton of rocket tanks and watch the fireworks go! Go! Go! *gasps and pants* Yeah, I don`t like RTS just for the strategy, but for the tons of explosions! Heeheeheehee!

I also love adventure games because I like gaving big wide open areas to explore. But there has to be landmarks too. The Zelda series is a perfect example because they`re not so cluttered that you can only follow a small path, but not so bland that you`re stuck in a field not knowing which way is up. Bad adventure games include Quest 64 which had zero landmarks and resulted in hours of walking in circles aroun the most bland and uncreative plains ever, and not like Code Lyoko where you`re trying to navigate a thin path in a horrible camera setting while the path is nigh invisible.

Also, environments need an appealing variety to them. Morrowind is a good example of a depressing world. Nothing but giant eyesore mushrooms, dead tree swamps, empty cities, and above mentioned bland plains.

I think Bomberman Story will always have a special place in my collection. It has action, wonderful environments with the perfect balance of space and doodads, nice variety, a good story that`s easy to follow but not so simple that it bores you, interesting characters, graphics that look good but not so much that it leeches the gameplay wich also takes good advantage of the DS hardware, and the best part: TONS OF EXPLOSIONS! I sincerely think more game makers need to learn from its example, and that would help the boring stuff that al the biggest names get stuck with, Mario and Sonic Olimpics. Blech.

Discord: kelvin#0465
DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the largest trouble in the industry is the separation between software and hardware. There just is this invisible line between what can be done and what could be done. Developers have struggled with it since the beginnings and still are today.

I would love to think something that eliminates this problem is pretty simple. I mean the explanation of the problem is pretty simple, "Not everyone on the street, has a super massive amazing palm sized computer, that can and will do, anything you could possibly imagine, or want want it to do, without fail." Name this book quote and you get a cookie.

So the trouble is that the average PC gamer have less capable computers and you need it to do way more that it used to. which in a nutshell, means the trouble is that software is always limited by what the hardware can do.

I would love to see something that could take the theory that "less is more" and apply it to hardware driven software. What if a gaming engine could in fact take all the processing needed and shrink it all down to one line of processing code. Then you would only need about half to do whatever job you desired. doing so would mean you could in fact use an obsolete dinosaur to do the same that a PlayStation 3 can.

For anyone who has seen spore, you might or might not know, it in fact does this with its animation software.who says you can't teach an old dog a new trick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: