Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Loosing Battle...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: A Loosing Battle... Reply with quote

As long as there is life, there is hope. Yup, this is going to be one of my long depressing rants on PF.

This is of an experiement gone wrong. Where the bad guys win the battle, and think that they have won the war. Its of a good guy doing his best and getting burnt in the process. In short- being a super hero and trying to save the world sucks as a job. The pay is worse than terrible- when it exists, and everyone get angry at you for doing your job.

The fact is- I am a Shortfellow.
One of the last of a dying breed.
A former High School Club turned into a 501(c)3,7,9 (and other numbers) organization. A fraternal order, of sorts. As it is says in our motto:
Quote:

The Shortfellow Society:
To do the work of saving everyone, whether they want to be saved or not, must be done; for evil and corruption must not prevail. For no reward, praise, fame, respect or prize; you will be hated for doing this deed, but this is the job of the ShortFellows and the ShortFellow Society, and the job will be done.

I am its life term president, since the removal from the high school and onto the creation of the non-profit & private organization, and that start was in 1981.

During our high school years, things were pretty bad, considering that Brooklyn Tech was/is #3 in the ranking of public high schools nation wide. A school with over 20,000 students when I went, a time of city budget cuts and over crowding was previlant. Now it houses about 12,000 students, when the building was built to house 10,000. Demand is high to get into the school, as well as the other 2 specailized high schools in the city: Bronx Science (#2) and Suyvesant High School (#1). Any student, who did not go forth to destroy themselves during their stay was guarentted a 1350 on the SAT-1's or a 2250 on the SAT-2s. Why? The entrance exams point grades to get into these school was equivilent to getting a 80% or better on the SATs.

During my time there, on top of my injuries I had, and the long recovery thereof, the school has some evil problems. Most are chronicaled on the early books of Snippets of a Digital Dairy, though how heavily unfinshed they currently seem.

From saving the school's behind and reputation to today, many members lives have been lost along the way. Sometimes I wonder if it was worth it.

But life goes on. I become a teacher. Not really, I am just a computer expert, who works for the board of education in the city of New York, for a poltry $12.65/hr as school aide. I have taken teaching responsibilities when told to by my prinicipal, and has repaired more busted machines for the school system then the computer industry can create them. in 1984, I wrote the Doctrine of Computers in Education- the sole document that convinced a very cynical public into creating the first computer school. Though the computer school was not my idea, the argument for creating it was. Seymour Paport was not able to convince this city into creating a full working computer school- Logo programming and robotics was not enough; I fought for it and convinced everyone to get it done. Along the way I have created the nation's first free community computer center in 1983, and many others along the way. From 1988 - 1999, I have ran my own community computer center called 'Education Plus', which was a sucess. All current centers that you can sdee out there are of my idea. Politcs of the powers that be got me fired from my own creation and Education Plus died at that point. But between the schools and the center, some 20,000 students have passed by and been touched my mind, and a part of my teaching are in them. Many of them have became sucessful. Most will be when they graduate high school or college. It is a legacy that I have created. Not bad for a college drop out running on Plan B.

But this year, the dream has become a nightmare. I have been accused of crimes and rumours abound of my evil activities, I have been susupended from doing my job. That does not bother me, since I will vindicated in all this, my name cleared, and hopefully I would restored to my position. And those repsonisibile for the lies and rumors that has caused these problem will be dealt with in one form or another. All it needs is some time.

The school owes me. Its a secret that I have been living with, and I believe it is now costing me my life. In short, every rescue dog that was there has died since. Now its our turn. I know too many in my simillar situation. And yet, because of that carpet bagging Senior Hilary Clinton saying that 'Volunteers who were at ground zero for the search and rescue of the victims should not be compensated for their medical needs...' I am in dire straits. All because of primary election day 2000(PM me if you want the link). My accellerated healing abilities have been taxed to their limits and are showing signs of breaking down, its a war being fought within my body from which I am losing. All this on top of my nuerological problems I have as noted in the Snippets of a Digital Dairy Chronicals.

Yet they do not care about what was done in the past, the character that I am, or the deeds that I have done to help others in time of need; all they care about is hanging this one damn minority who have been accused of doing wrong. Guilty until proven innocent. Worse- Guilty and not being able to prove one's self innocent because the evidence given is filtered to only show the possibility of guilt- not the proof thereof.

Today, more of my students have graduated. Amid rumors of my death or arrest, I have dropped by to say hello at the prom. Despite it all, the prinicipal had say that I can not be at the celebration, even though the students expressed their wishes for me to be there. Not to cause a problem with him, I left.

So, I sit at a nearby Starbucks, typing this out, leeching some net that I can pick up here. Two more days to the end of school, but not the end of my problems. During the summer, depnding test results, I may be going into surgery to take care of my medical problem. But its a stop-gap measure and not a cure. If my life is to end at this point, I have no fear thereof.

My only fears is that of the students, my reputation, and my legacy. Everything else is nothing to be concerned about. As long as there is evil, I will spit into its eye right down to my dying breathe.

I plan to continue onto 12-20-2012 and beyond, but until then, there will be some rough spots along the way. I'll guarentee a wonderful ride after that.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*stands by you*

hear hear. I am proud of you for sticking out when you hate it. when it hurts you.

I am here for you as a friend. *hugs*

------------------------
Shar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are and continue to be a friend to me too. Keep your head high man. You're a good person.. and those are few and far between these days. *Hugs*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> elfen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: