Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pregnancy, Parenthood, Mothers, Fathers, Babies, ETC
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Pregnancy, Parenthood, Mothers, Fathers, Babies, ETC Reply with quote

This will be able to help anyone with any questions and tips.

Guys are welcome to ask questions and stuff, if you need a man answer, my husband will be here communicating through me. So, just put in a word code "Man's answer please" That way I know you need a guy's point of view or answers.

No Hijacking in here please, if a post has nothing to do with the topic, it will be removed. If you saw something you would like to tell a certain person about something else, please send them a PM. ( don't know what the off the topic would be like lol)

Thank you Smile

Ask away and be open. Don't be afraid, my tail won't get involved in here Wink

------------------------
Teric

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back pain. Did it happen to you?

My wife has been through three pregnancies now, and each time, her lower back pain has gotten worse. Even now, more than four years after our youngest was born, she still asks me to rub her sore lower back muscles nearly every night when we go to bed.

Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yes! I had it worse in my 6th month and it passed on. I got foam mattress and it helped.

if your wife is still in pain, go see a chiroprator soon.

edit: I meant topping foam for the mattress. buy at walmart... I have two different toppings on top of my regular mattress Smile

------------------------
ScottyDM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my story I want to know what early pregnancy is like so I can write my heroine's part. I've attached a little time-line so you can see the important time period. Apologies for the wide pic. Confused

The heroine becomes upset about a non-problem and to "protect" the hero she runs away. Once she learns he's been kidnapped she goes to her mother for: #1 family support, #2 it's about 25 miles from the lair of the villainess.

So she arrives at Mama's late Tuesday night. Wednesday morning she has a touch of morning sickness, and again Thursday. She's unable to locate villainess' lair until Thursday when she kicks some butt and rescues the hero.

According to the "careless method of accounting weeks of pregnancy" I'm most interested in that 7th week. Although biologically speaking she's not pregnant until the fertilized egg implants during the third week, which is really the first week. Here's a gratuitous, but on topic, link for the curious.

Okay... morning sickness, and maybe bladder seems small, but could her irrationality of week 6 be partly attributed to her pregnancy? Anything else? Also, she's in denial and thinks her symptoms, including the missed menses, are due to stress. So she's not going to rush out to buy a home pregnancy test.

Scotty

Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know about how babies are a couple weeks behind in pregnancy. I know that is wierd lol.

for beginning of pregnancy in my case I went to the bathroom a lot (it increased as the weeks went by where by my 8th month I peed every 30 minutes) I found out that pee sense feelings I got in my 8th month is actually contractions. Anyways... 7th week - frequent urge of peepees and I had a ultrasound installed vaginally, the sight of the baby was so breathtaking it had a strong heartbeat working miles a minute arm and leg buds, yolk same size as the baby giving the baby food (the yolk becomes umbil cord later on) 7 weeks pregnancy (baby is the size of a rice and shaped looking like a cashew nut)

why vaginally? the baby Is too tiny to be seen with normal tummy ultrasound. I tell ya It was so awesome!

throwups doesn't really start until later. morning sickness isn't just mornings. some of us get it all day sometimes. what we throw up isn't food. its also mucus build ups too my friend didn't have that at all and she birthed a girl. I had it and I birthed a boy. its a worth research and test to do. my cousin has 4 boys and she had mucus buildups she has a girl and nothing happened. interesting theory isn't it??

grossed yet? Very Happy

------------------------
ScottyDM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! And no, not grossed. Nor am I titillated. This is fascinating stuff.

The method of accounting the age of the baby is based on the easiest time-marker for most women in western society. The problem with that is for some women, even healthy ones, the time between the last menses and this ovulation is highly variable. In a healthy woman who's not carrying a fertile egg the time between ovulation and the coming menses is pretty standard. However, one can't measure time from an event that doesn't occur. Wink Funny, that.

My wife does have a Billings book and it's pretty awesome reading. So is that website. Billings talks about how some societies have made the connection between a "second flow" in the woman's cycle and fertility. In fact they call it the "white flow", contrasted with the "red flow" that's much harder to miss. Flow may not quite be the right word, as it's a bit of increased moisture and a lubricated feeling. According to Billings, it's something you feel without using your fingers, as that can cause a false sense of wetness (due to inadvertent stimulation).

Well, enough of that or the fan boys will ruin their keyboards with drool. Go to that Billings website (link above) for more. And so, to answer the guys in the Sabrina forum, no I did not get to check Mrs. Badger every morning to assess if she was in "white flow" or not. Rolling Eyes Perverts.

My wife had a touch of morning sickness for about the first trimester-and-a-half, but she was able to counteract it by eating a couple of Rye Crisps before getting out of bed in the morning. And we did have a girl. I went deep sea fishing with a buddy and the Rye Crisp trick worked for that too, but then I only felt slightly queasy and not full-blown seasick. Also my fingers were covered in herring slime and blood (they were the bait), but despite that, herring-flavored Rye Crisps did the trick. Very Happy Fish crackers. Delish!

That's amazing about the ultrasound! The size of a cashew? Mega awesome!

Mrs. Badger and I opted for more natural (primitive?) methods of prenatal and birthing care. We hooked up with a group of CNMs (certified nurse midwives) out of Woodside California (we lived in Cupertino), and went to their prenatal classes. Turns out my wife was RH-negative, so I got tested too... RH-negative. It must be a badger thing. We had our little one by natural delivery in the bed she was conceived in. Mrs. Badger was so together that even drugless she managed to sleep between contractions. Shocked I know!

Anyway, incredible experience. If I'd had it earlier in life I might have opted for a completely different career. Conception, pregnancy, and birth are the white-hot center of life. The font of humanity. Amazing experience!

So, small bladder syndrome, no morning sickness... any mood swings that early in the pregnancy?

When my heroine learns that the hero has been captured by the villainess she's pissed off. She's mad at herself for running away, she's mad at the hero for trying to confront the villainess by himself, and she's mad at the villainess for taking advantage of the hero. But should she just be mad? Or can she swing from mad as heck, to full of self doubt, to weepy and frightened, and then back around to mad as heck again?

Thanks again for your help.

Scotty

Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drooling fan boys (laughing hard)

I tried ginger snaps and that made me eve sicker lol

size of cashew happened at 3 monthish. what I meant at 7 wks baby was size of a rice and the baby itself looked like a cashew lol. when I refuse to tell names til birth his nickname was cash short for cashew Razz

Smile (is absent minded right now and don't know what to say at this moment) ask more questions o.o

------------------------
ScottyDM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chopped the width of that graphic so it doesn't force the forum width too much. I removed time where not much was happening.

Jaymee Fox wrote:
size of cashew happened at 3 monthish. what I meant at 7 wks baby was size of a rice and the baby itself looked like a cashew lol. when I refuse to tell names til birth his nickname was cash short for cashew Razz

Hmmm, sounds like a good name for a guest star on Veggie Tales: Johnny Cashew. Wink

Okay, the size of a grain of rice makes more sense. I was too awed to really think it through.

I found the following guide on BabiesOnline.com How much of this did you experience?

Week 1-4 wrote:
Your Body

Your "next" period is due around the end of your fourth week of pregnancy. This occurrence, or lack thereof, is many times the first symptom of pregnancy. Some women may experience slight cramping or implantation bleeding when the blastocyst attaches itself to the uterine lining, but most of the changes taking place in your body are barely noticeable in these first few weeks.

In my heroine's case her next period is due around the start of week 5, but my guess is that implantation bleeding would happen earlier, so maybe a touch of surprise spotting a week before she expects it. My original plan was that she ovulate on Monday, but after re-familiarizing myself with Dr. Billing's work I decided she should ovulate the day after.

Week 5 wrote:
Your Body

This week may have you feeling even more tired now. As far as the other symptoms, they are very similar to last week - sore breasts, fatigue, backaches, heartburn, morning sickness, and mood swings. You may start to get headaches as your hormone levels rise as well. You can try sleeping in a supportive bra (such as a jogging bra) to help with the breast soreness. Also, eating smaller, more frequent meals can sometimes help with both the morning sickness and heartburn.

There are some women who simply sail through their first few weeks (and often their first trimester) of pregnancy without any symptoms at all. This is perfectly normal and no cause for concern or panic. However, if you have a sudden loss of your pregnancy symptoms, see your healthcare provider as soon as you can.

Other than the spotting and lack of menses, I don't really want to hit the heroine with too many symptoms yet.

Week 6 wrote:
Your Body

Sorry to tell you this, but as your rise, you may see your nausea, vomiting and headaches get worse this week. While it is called morning sickness, you may experience it at night or even in the middle of the day. There will be many changes in your body, but this week the changes are most apparent in your breasts. These breast changes may include increased breast tenderness, a tingling sensation, a darkening of the areola (the dark nipple part of your breast) and they may feel heavier then normal. The levels of pregnancy hormone are enough that urine tests that measure hCG will show a positive result at this point. You're sure to be able to confirm what your body is telling you.

No menses of course, occasional "moodiness", and maybe a touch of nausea upon rising. But my heroine will assume all that is because of this very hard decision she's facing. Even her mother thinks the heroine is being stupid and she should not do it. But she's trying to be noble, or self-sacrificing, or something. Rolling Eyes Even if not pregnant her stomach would be all tied up in knots over this.

Thursday morning she drops out of the story and is not seen again until week 7.

Week 7 wrote:
Your Body

If you've ever had facial breakouts or acne, I'm sorry to say that you may get to experience this again. Due to the hormonal changes in your body, you may end up with a few breakouts over the next few weeks. It's okay though. Using a good, gentle facial cleanser and hypoallergenic make-up will keep these to a minimum. And these breakouts will go away either when you enter your second trimester or when you deliver. You may have either gained or lost a few pounds, but are not showing yet. The good news? Your pregnancy symptoms may start to decrease. While the heartburn, morning sickness and breast tenderness may continue, the backaches and headaches usually do subside at least a little after this week.

Pregnancy Symptoms You May Experience
  • Cramping: You may experience slight menstrual type cramps around the time you would normally be expecting your period. They should only last a day or so, and are usually moderate in nature. If the cramping should become severe, or if you have spotting, be sure to call your doctor and let them know.
  • Tender Breasts: Your nipples may appear darker, and more prominent. Be sure to wear a good support bra. You may require a larger cup size as your pregnancy advances.
  • Frequent Urination: You may find that you are making very frequent trips to the bathroom. This will continue throughout your pregnancy, but is usually not as bad during the 2nd trimester.

Week 7 is where I want the reader to go, "Wait a minute... I bet the heroine is pregnant!" So when she resurfaces at her mother's house Tuesday night, she should show more symptoms. Maybe Mama could feed her, which results in a touch of heartburn.

Wednesday morning is when a character finally voices the opinion that the heroine is pregnant. Mama should notice the heroine has morning sickness and when they talk heroine should mention breast tenderness, nipple change, frequent peeing, and that she hasn't had her menses yet (now 16 days late). Mama will realize her "little girl" is pregnant and offer some suggestions, such as the crackers trick (but no ginger snaps Wink ). The heroine will still insist it's stress and that she cannot possibly be pregnant. Their's is a farm family so maybe the heroine will attribute the breast and nipple symptoms to mastitis. Rolling Eyes Yea right, but it only needs to make sense to her desperate imagination, not the readers.

Thursday morning the heroine will wake, feel a touch nauseated when she starts to rise, and eat a few crackers, which will settle her stomach. Mama will interpret that as a sign that the heroine really is pregnant and Grandma will put in her opinion on the subject of "impossible" pregnancies and the reliability of medical science. When the heroine rescues the hero he will notice she smells different. And then in the getaway vehicle her brother's fiancee will say something about the heroine's pregnancy--which will set off a new round of denials by the heroine.

Yep. Stress and mastitis, 'cause there is no way the heroine could possibly be pregnant.

I guess my questions are: What do these symptoms feel like? And is there anything I should drop or add? I want a few hints in the story before Wednesday morning, but not too obvious. Then Wednesday morning the poo hits the wind machine.

Thanks a million.

Scotty

Last edited by ScottyDM on Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
ScottyDM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaymee Fox wrote:
I tried ginger snaps and that made me eve sicker lol

Hmmm, but did you try Rye Crisps and raw herring? Wink Laughing

S-

Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will reply to the long post tomorrow ok lol I got off work tonight and I'm tired Razz

------------------------
ScottyDM

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave you the Reader's Digest version. Wink

Had my writer's group meeting about 8 hours ago and I took this little time-line and my full time-line. Most writers seem to be women, and other than the one that looks about 15 and another who said she'd never been pregnant, I thought I could get some good feedback. But no one wanted to talk much about morning sickness, et alia. Crying or Very sad

However, they were properly awed by my master time-line. It's 7 feet of glued together sheets from my laser printer, and covers 5 1/2 months hour-by-hour (each day is about 1/2 inch, so each hour is about 1/48th of an inch). It contains 13 character lines and the hero and heroine's character lines are merged. Plus I have stuff like phase of the moon, holidays, etc. (my characters go camping and stargazing, and they have jobs). I even tried to figure out tides, but that's quite complex because of the shape of the shoreline--so I just made stuff up. Razz

The heroine's assault on the villainess' villa is via the sea. Ve, ve, ve! Laughing

Scotty

Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScottyDM wrote:
I chopped the width of that graphic so it doesn't force the forum width too much. I removed time where not much was happening.

Jaymee Fox wrote:

Hmmm, sounds like a good name for a guest star on Veggie Tales: Johnny Cashew. Wink

(( sounds like a great idea! I like that new character Very Happy ))

[quote=
Okay, the size of a grain of rice makes more sense. I was too awed to really think it through.

I found the following guide on BabiesOnline.com How much of this did you experience?

Week 1-4 wrote:
Your Body

Your "next" period is due around the end of your fourth week of pregnancy. This occurrence, or lack thereof, is many times the first symptom of pregnancy. Some women may experience slight cramping or implantation bleeding when the blastocyst attaches itself to the uterine lining, but most of the changes taking place in your body are barely noticeable in these first few weeks.

[quote=In my heroine's case her next period is due around the start of week 5, but my guess is that implantation bleeding would happen earlier, so maybe a touch of surprise spotting a week before she expects it. My original plan was that she ovulate on Monday, but after re-familiarizing myself with Dr. Billing's work I decided she should ovulate the day after.[/quote]

(( Who knows, every woman are different with their bodies. Good assumpting Smile ))

Week 5 wrote:
Your Body

This week may have you feeling even more tired now. As far as the other symptoms, they are very similar to last week - sore breasts, fatigue, backaches, heartburn, morning sickness, and mood swings. You may start to get headaches as your hormone levels rise as well. You can try sleeping in a supportive bra (such as a jogging bra) to help with the breast soreness. Also, eating smaller, more frequent meals can sometimes help with both the morning sickness and heartburn.

(( phhfft, I just got a touch of soreness in my breasts and I didn't wear a sport bra (those are tight! geez) We wear a bra that is very loose but yet hold the breasts than letting it bare. backaches do not really happen til way later but again, each lady is different. I am telling you of MY symptoms at that time of that week. I didn't get heartburn, headaches, or mood swings. I was tired though, I napped alot. Eating small meals does not really help lol. Look, one is napping right? by the time we wake up we are starved and we eat, eat, eat then we go to peeing time. ))

[quote=There are some women who simply sail through their first few weeks (and often their first trimester) of pregnancy without any symptoms at all. This is perfectly normal and no cause for concern or panic. However, if you have a sudden loss of your pregnancy symptoms, see your healthcare provider as soon as you can.[/quote]
Other than the spotting and lack of menses, I don't really want to hit the heroine with too many symptoms yet.[/quote]

((thats right, a high school classmate of mine got breast tenderness in her 5th month and she didnt get those other stuff. (maybe it's due to the age. the younger you are the less symptoms you get.. it's a worth thing to research on))

Week 6 wrote:
Your Body

Sorry to tell you this, but as your rise, you may see your nausea, vomiting and headaches get worse this week. While it is called morning sickness, you may experience it at night or even in the middle of the day. There will be many changes in your body, but this week the changes are most apparent in your breasts. These breast changes may include increased breast tenderness, a tingling sensation, a darkening of the areola (the dark nipple part of your breast) and they may feel heavier then normal. The levels of pregnancy hormone are enough that urine tests that measure hCG will show a positive result at this point. You're sure to be able to confirm what your body is telling you.

No menses of course, occasional "moodiness", and maybe a touch of nausea upon rising. But my heroine will assume all that is because of this very hard decision she's facing. Even her mother thinks the heroine is being stupid and she should not do it. But she's trying to be noble, or self-sacrificing, or something. Rolling Eyes Even if not pregnant her stomach would be all tied up in knots over this.[/quote]

(( moodiness varies in women. for me, i just wipe my brain from all the bad stuff, negativeness, and I was a bliss Smile If someone pissed me off, i just *asking her husband if he remembers* open up telling blunt stuff, i told a piece of my mind and was very emotional. However, I just shut down and went to sleep. I didn't get headaches.. maybe 5 times during the pregnancy. I really dont remember but I do know i got alot of heartburns LATER in my pregnancy. I ate cottage cheese which relieved my heartburn big time. I ate anything made of potatos to relieve headaches. That's how natural I was. I refused to take meds like asprin, or whatever * good idea for you to throw that in and see if anyone guesses she is pregnant by now lol* ))

[quote=Thursday morning she drops out of the story and is not seen again until week 7.[/quote]

Week 7 wrote:
Your Body

If you've ever had facial breakouts or acne, I'm sorry to say that you may get to experience this again. Due to the hormonal changes in your body, you may end up with a few breakouts over the next few weeks. It's okay though. Using a good, gentle facial cleanser and hypoallergenic make-up will keep these to a minimum. And these breakouts will go away either when you enter your second trimester or when you deliver. You may have either gained or lost a few pounds, but are not showing yet. The good news? Your pregnancy symptoms may start to decrease. While the heartburn, morning sickness and breast tenderness may continue, the backaches and headaches usually do subside at least a little after this week.

(( myth, if you breakouts or acne means you are gonna have a girl! I didn't have breakouts or acnes therefore I had a boy and he's a living proof! Hair growth speed also means she is gonna have a girl. Oh, I don't wear makeups.. ever. I started taking fish oil gels with multi vitamins according to the doctor orders. I lost 15 pounds through my pregnancy and was still losing weight up to the birth. the babys weight was fine and steady, he was a very healthy baby according to the drs. I was ordered to eat more than I normally did and I couldnt! lol I get so full. the placenta really does push your stomach up and stuff. I have a good picture of before and after body pregnancy diagram in my folders. Smile ))

[quote=Pregnancy Symptoms You May Experience
  • Cramping: You may experience slight menstrual type cramps around the time you would normally be expecting your period. They should only last a day or so, and are usually moderate in nature. If the cramping should become severe, or if you have spotting, be sure to call your doctor and let them know.[/quote]

(( if you didn't know you are pregnant or not, getting a period means you are not pregnant heh))

[quote=
  • Tender Breasts: Your nipples may appear darker, and more prominent. Be sure to wear a good support bra. You may require a larger cup size as your pregnancy advances.[/quote]

(( also, as the nipple and areoa darkens, there are dry skins that covers the area and that needs to be washed gently and stuff. mole looking spots will appear and they will fall away with time. ))

[quote=
  • Frequent Urination: You may find that you are making very frequent trips to the bathroom. This will continue throughout your pregnancy, but is usually not as bad during the 2nd trimester.
[/quote]
[quote=Week 7 is where I want the reader to go, "Wait a minute... I bet the heroine is pregnant!" So when she resurfaces at her mother's house Tuesday night, she should show more symptoms. Maybe Mama could feed her, which results in a touch of heartburn.[/quote]

((depends on the food and drinks can cause heartburn Smile be a bit trickly Wink ))

[quote=Wednesday morning is when a character finally voices the opinion that the heroine is pregnant. Mama should notice the heroine has morning sickness and when they talk heroine should mention breast tenderness, nipple change, frequent peeing, and that she hasn't had her menses yet (now 16 days late). Mama will realize her "little girl" is pregnant and offer some suggestions, such as the crackers trick (but no ginger snaps Wink ). The heroine will still insist it's stress and that she cannot possibly be pregnant. Their's is a farm family so maybe the heroine will attribute the breast and nipple symptoms to mastitis. Rolling Eyes Yea right, but it only needs to make sense to her desperate imagination, not the readers.
[/quote]

(( I can't help it but laugh, the mother monitors and knows the heroine's period cycle? Obviously the heroine is a young teenager? Oherwise, mama should not know EVERYTHING. not always! Razz ))

[quote=Thursday morning the heroine will wake, feel a touch nauseated when she starts to rise, and eat a few crackers, which will settle her stomach. Mama will interpret that as a sign that the heroine really is pregnant and Grandma will put in her opinion on the subject of "impossible" pregnancies and the reliability of medical science. When the heroine rescues the hero he will notice she smells different. And then in the getaway vehicle her brother's fiancee will say something about the heroine's pregnancy--which will set off a new round of denials by the heroine.

Yep. Stress and mastitis, 'cause there is no way the heroine could possibly be pregnant.

I guess my questions are: What do these symptoms feel like? And is there anything I should drop or add? I want a few hints in the story before Wednesday morning, but not too obvious. Then Wednesday morning the poo hits the wind machine.

Thanks a million.

Scotty[/quote]

do a little fun fun. as grandma goes to use the bathroom, she saw the sink had a hint of burnt around it as if something was recently burnt, the heroine burnt evidence of her pregnancy. (I dont know if anyone actually do that lol) and gma is like what the??? She starts to sit back and observe closely of the environment. How the Heroine pick at her food, not feeling really hungry even if she should really eat. Let me tell you this Scotty, I was like a HUGE MEGA BEGA PICKY EATER EVER!!! even drink picky too. I love and drink hot tea but when i had my first hot tea, i puked like insane. so bye bye hot tea for one full year lol. Sad.. i tried again 4 months later actually and had to throw up again.

gma decides to make heronie's favorite ever cookies which is *guessing one* rasins peanut butter sugar mint cookies. she ate one and started to puke like insane. she settled down with oatmeal cookies (they are soooo good!) throw in some wierd odds and ends that doesn't make sense. let the readers wonder and then they will either figure it out or find out later on in the chapters. Smile

Hope that helps!! More questions? Very Happy

------------------------
Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScottyDM wrote:

Scotty

I did some thinking and reading. I believe this is how it goes.

a lady starts her peroid for 7 days, she start to ovulate after the period is finishe. If a couple had sex before her ovulating then he must have been screwing her during bloody times.

anyways.. after period, the ovulating is very limited it could start 2 days after the period or the very first day or 4 days later. my point is.. they gotta concieve after she is done with her bloody mess. Otherwise the hero's sperms is strongerest than ever and can live up to 2 months? Laughing
then nevermind.

For my case, we had it morning and night for one week after my period, that is how i concieved. the first attempt we did, I waited til 2 nd day after the period and nothing happened.

If you read the Twilight Saga and was at Breaking Dawn, (fourth book) you will be so amazed at the pregnancy happening. it happened within a month (baby grows fast and all of that) you have to read it lol. the father is an immortal vampire and the mother is a human. So use that as your research on how a hero and heroine can have a baby or a super baby Smile

*can't wait to watch the Breaking Dawn... i'd love to see how it pans out in a movie*

------------------------
ScottyDM

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaymee Fox wrote:
ScottyDM wrote:

Scotty

I did some thinking and reading. I believe this is how it goes.

a lady starts her peroid for 7 days, she start to ovulate after the period is finishe. If a couple had sex before her ovulating then he must have been screwing her during bloody times.

The WOOMB website (I'd linked to it, above) has some fun animations. Also, my diagram may be a touch confusing at first glance because I've deleted some of the boring days to make the whole thing narrower.

WOOMB says the time from ovulation to the first day of menses is pretty tightly scheduled and that the average is 2 weeks, but 11 to 16 days is normal. In a healthy woman any cycle variation comes between the first day of menses to the next ovulation. For example during breastfeeding months can pass, and this time shows a great deal of variation during menopause, or it can just be the normal variation that some women experience. This is WOOMS's little animation showing cycle variation. There's something funny about this though, as they say they can clearly tell when a woman's peak fertility day is, but that her ovulation happens after that--for example later that day or 1 or 2 days later. Since the rest of their website talks about peak fertility I assume this diagram means the observable peak and not ovulation.

This is their nice overall animation of what happens during a cycle of a sexually active woman (cute sperm). One cycle when she's not impregnated and a second cycle when she is. I had to slow it down to catch everything. Here's a blow up of their little circular diagram. These people are big on cervical mucus and how it feels to a woman as she goes about her day (they've been doing this research since the '50s). Green means dry, yellow means moist but sticky, white is wet and lubricated feeling, and of course red is menses.

They've identified several different types of cervical mucus. Some block access to the womb, some dissolve the blocking mucus, and some nurture and transport the sperm into the womb. Here's their animation of the cervex and the different types of mucus.

They have an interactive "slide rule" animation to show how variations between different women work with variations in cycle length. I'm using Firefox and I had to click and hold on the arrow and move the mouse a bit, then release the button. Now my mouse pointer was "stuck" to the slider and I could move it back and forth. To let go I had to click again.

How this relates to my heroine:

Hmmm, I'm going to move this to a PM because I have many spoilers for the novel.

Scotty

Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol

very colorful topic Smile

see you in PM then

------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> jaymeefox All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: