Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

End of an era
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
racky raccoon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: End of an era Reply with quote

As most people on the boards may have seen over the past few days a few people that know who they are and I hope they are ashamed with themselves, have acted in the way of spoilt children.

A fall out effect of this unwarranted behavior has made us lose one of the most valued member of this board and of this family.

Mike Regan has formally taken leave of this message board and with him goes the bookshelf and his wisdom that during some of the worst times our fandom had to endure always made me and many others feel good about themselves.

He was the first people to talk to me on this board when I was a bright eyed 16 year old teen coming into a word that was fraught with danger.

Only now I know it came from people that are supposed to have the same interests and out look on life.

We lose an Admin who is worth twice as many of the people that drove him to vacate us, is a shame they still have not gone.

Too Mike Regan the Old Grey Raccoon may you one day have the inclination to come back to us that appreciate you and your help.

"he who seeks knowledge is never a fool"

-Mike Regan-
I want a Lawyer, a Doctor... A CHEESE SANDWICH
-Harley Quinn-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Syrius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Der Whimperen*
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: It's just so sad ... Reply with quote

I guess I missed what went on but I can say I'm very sad to see Mike leave the forum. He has provided us with a lot of wisdom that will be missed.

It's very sad when some people feel it necessary to act like children or be hateful on a forum. There is another forum that I inhabit where the trolls have higher post counts that the legitimate posters. I have somewhat given up on that forum because the mods don't have the cojones to moderate.

Mike did his job as a mod, killing spam posts and keeping everyone on track. His presence will be missed.

Thank you, Mike, for your time and patience with us. You will be missed.

Kellan, the sad old warhorse.

Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike will be sorely missed and I only hope that I was not one one of those that convinced him to leave.
Pflarrian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^0o^ Uhhh...

Okay, I SERIOUSLY missed something here! WHAT has been HAPPENING in the last six months?!?
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pflarrian wrote:
^0o^ Uhhh...

Okay, I SERIOUSLY missed something here! WHAT has been HAPPENING in the last six months?!?

I dunno what happened and I'm here practically every day!

Kellan

Cookie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike took something personally that was not at all aimed at him. We hope to see him back as well.

AKA Mogthemoogle
mwalimu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not exactly sure what happened either. I think Mike and another long time and generally very upstanding user got into a row in one of the discussion threads over how the forums are being administered (I'm not positive since I didn't read the discussion that carefully - I tend to do that when I see arguments being aired in public that don't concern me).

One thing that concerns me is what became of all the discussion threads that were on his board. I seriously hope they haven't been lost or deleted permanently, since those were the primary, possibly the only discussions in existence for some of the stories on the bookshelf.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Major Ivy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is the thread that started it all.

http://www.planetfurry.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=237312#237312

When I read it the tone seemed very confrontational and then two posts inferring that the admins were nothing but tyrannical dictators. Maybe not in words but in tone and inference.
racky raccoon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mogthemoogle wrote:
Mike took something personally that was not at all aimed at him. We hope to see him back as well.

Fat chance and thats a damn shame I have to say that.

-Mike Regan-
-Harley Quinn-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
PrincessB

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Mog stated, Mike took something that was not at all about him as being towards him and instead of finding out if it was he just went off, unfortunately.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
racky raccoon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrincessB wrote:
As Mog stated, Mike took something that was not at all about him as being towards him and instead of finding out if it was he just went off, unfortunately.

Im sorry this is a thread to send him your respects if you are not here to do that please do not post on this thread

-Mike Regan-
-Harley Quinn-
Teric

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a deep tragedy. Mike is one of the most stalwart, well-grounded furs I know.
Kasyl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is quite disheartening. I've always appreciated PF as a great furry hangout that seemed to lack a good deal of the... eh, issues that other sites tended to have recurringly. That a simple discussion that took a wrong turn could drive away one of the most steadfast admins... that simply makes me shake my head in regret.

I hope to see you back here, Mike. You'll be missed, and I have a feeling that the ambiance of this board will give proof of that as time progresses.

Pflarrian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasyl wrote:
This is quite disheartening. I've always appreciated PF as a great furry hangout that seemed to lack a good deal of the... eh, issues that other sites tended to have recurringly. That a simple discussion that took a wrong turn could drive away one of the most steadfast admins... that simply makes me shake my head in regret.

I hope to see you back here, Mike. You'll be missed, and I have a feeling that the ambiance of this board will give proof of that as time progresses.

Much as I hate to say this, I'd have to agree with Racky on this one. The general mood of PF has been shifting over the years. It's not the same forum it was as recently as four years ago. I've read over the forum posts that caused this whole thing, and I'm not going to add to the flame, save to say one thing:

This is NOT the forum I joined over 8 years ago, and I do not think it can ever be again, therefore I am taking my ball and going home, so to speak. I admit that I've spent more time lurking than anything else, but lately the posts are becoming vicious in their nature. People are taking things out of context. Topical changes are not being handled well, and things have been getting out of hand far too often for my liking. To that end, I too, will be leaving PlanetFurry for the time being. Maybe I will return, maybe not. For now, that remains to be seen.

I take my leave now before I say something I will regret.

- Pflarrian Collifox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: