Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Internet Intelligence
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrincessB

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Internet Intelligence Reply with quote

Sometime (well okay, sometimes very often) you run across some thing written on the web that just makes you go "wow, I suddenly feel very intelligent."
Journye and I see this many times on a website we often visit, well I want to read the "wow" moments that others come across. (Hey it helps you feel better because you are not that stupid/slow)

Start with one I ran across today: (found on myyearbook.com)

I didn't really know where to post this but it's about the world ending in
2012. My younger step-brother[12 yrs old] says it's definitely gonna
happen, and he started talking about poison drops and meteors or something
and we have to fight and the older we are the better chance we have at
surviving...

The whole world ending thing is bothering me. My friend who's 15 and has
been to college and is too smart for all his classes says nothing is gonna
happen. I believe him because he's more than over-intelligent for his age,
but pretty much everyone else I ask says it's gonna happen.

Does anyone know what's REALLY gonna happen?[and by the way, no offense but
you didn't really help me in my drug post].

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao, i have this friend who is a wiccan following Mycalina? (sp) chart and she said that the world is ending this December 26th at 6 PM or something like that in Dec THIS YEAR.

I told her this "Gee, i wasted my time being pregnant and having a kid who will not even see the world to his oldest age?" She said "yep..."

=P
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mayan calander predicts the that the world will end in the end of December 2012 at least that's one way to inturprit it. The thing is the Mayan Calender is not linear it's a repeating loop in which Certan events happen at set times again and agin as the cycle repeats, and the cycle we are now in is set to end at the end of 2012. So it could just mean the end of the cycle and the start of a new one.

Benleopard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, you are correct there Styx... don't forget of all those intellectual people said that the world was Ending on the night Dec. 31, 1999... and many other people claiming they know the exact date the world would end in the 1950's, 1960's, 1980's... the world may end in time (counting that the Sol Star goes Supernova in about 2billion+ years and the fact that the andromeda galaxy will collide with the milky way galaxy in 3billion+ years). In turn to stump these intellectual people I ask for physical prof and Barack Obama does not count in this matter for those whom fallow Hollywood Disaster Films. =^^=
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, according the Mayas the the world will be born anew.

I don't believe it and franky, if it happens, who says that it will be a world-changing even that happens overnight? That calender deals in VAST spans of time, it could be a gradual thing, so we won't even notice the change until in 20 years we look back and realize it.

Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion is that we are facing the collapse of the Veil which separates the mortal realm from the magickal realm. People who have been born to this realm but are of the other will be transformed into their proper form. Humans will die by the billions in a futile effort against beings of great power who are pissed at what's been done to the world in the name of progress. I plan to fight with the magickal creatures and to Hel with humanity.
RCraccoon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as long as my true form is an anthropomorphic fox then im fine with it
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigurd Volsung wrote:
My opinion is that we are facing the collapse of the Veil which separates the mortal realm from the magickal realm. People who have been born to this realm but are of the other will be transformed into their proper form. Humans will die by the billions in a futile effort against beings of great power who are pissed at what's been done to the world in the name of progress. I plan to fight with the magickal creatures and to Hel with humanity.

So you think Shadowrun is going to become real? Smile

Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

renew rebirth relive etc is much better lol

tygon makes a good point

maybe people misunderstand the charts??

ill talk to her tonight on msn and see what she thinks when I mention rebirth issues.

=)
PrincessB

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow talk about hijacking the thread. No proving my point please, I don't care about a silly wiccan calendar, that is completely off the subject.

Return!! Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Asalis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no way of knowing what the future will bring. Plain and simple there's just nothing that could prove anything grand is going to happen. One possibly outcome may be that something may happen at that date but it would most likely go unnoticed by everyone at first. Then slowly it gains recognition as time moves on.

As more towards what this thread is about, I don't really have anything of my own personal experiences to offer. There is probably a few instances but my mind is like swiss cheese when it comes to remembering things.

We, dig, giant robots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U

I hate the DMV
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrincessB wrote:
Wow talk about hijacking the thread. No proving my point please, I don't care about a silly wiccan calendar, that is completely off the subject.

Return!! Smile

I'd be careful about calling the Wiccan calender silly Princess that would be like myself calling the Bible a bunch of worthless nonsense. People take this stuff very seriously.

As for what you said about Shadow Run becoming real Tygon, I seriously believe that some Fantasy writers, including game writers have it close to accurate. I'm personally betting on something closer to a Rifts scenario where an atomic bomb wiping out a few million people on a ley line triggers something nasty and considering who has nukes now and is close to having them, read North Korea who is on the verge of restarting hostilties with South Korea, and Iran who would be more than happy to blow Israel off the map who would return with nuclear fire it scares the crap out of me.

PrincessB

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can say the Bible is silly all you want, it's your opinion and mature adults should be able to respect others opinions, it's called tolerance and it tends to come with maturity. But then mature adults should also be able to follow the rules and one of the rules is no thread hijacking and clearly we have a lot that have some issues with that one.

BACK ON TOPIC!

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

tobi3B

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/fail-further-taxonomy-large.jpg

[br]Feed Me![br]Adopted from Valenth
PrincessB

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Tobi3B. That's one that you just have to ask, "Are you kidding? Please tell me that's a joke and you really aren't that stupid."

This is a classic I love: http://www.photobasement.com/death-by-condom/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: