Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SiasfL - Stranger in a strangely familiar Land - Act 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew! Editing the last chapter took a lot out of me.

Well, it's finished and posted. Very Happy

Have fun. Laughing

(And be good, all.) Wink

Concolor

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done! I like the shoe solution. Heh. No, I'd say they don't have to worry about his claws.

But Sarah's parents STILL haven't met Chris! Geez, what do I have to do, beg? Wink Laughing And I still say it's gonna be fireworks, especially when they find out she fibbed about his species.

Hopefully they'll be able to figure out what it was that made him smell so bad. We'll see.

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well she could say that she told them the fib because she didn't know how to explain Chris to them without them actually seeing him and without worrying them by wondering if she had lost her mind. Laughing Excellent chapter Nameless well done.

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice chapter, it's going to be real interesting to see the reaction when her parents do meet him. I'm predicting that some furs will most certainly *not* react with hostile or suspicious behavior, but they'll be rare.

Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sslaxx

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 6:12 am    Post subject: Hmmm... Reply with quote

Cateagle wrote:
Very nice chapter, it's going to be real interesting to see the reaction when her parents do meet him. I'm predicting that some furs will most certainly *not* react with hostile or suspicious behavior, but they'll be rare.

Cateagle

Alice could quite potentially be a problem here. We shall see. I'm curious - how long do you plan for Act 1 to run, Nameless?

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Hmmm... Reply with quote

Sslaxx wrote:
I'm curious - how long do you plan for Act 1 to run, Nameless?

Well, I'm not quite sure. Confused
Most probably I will have one more chapter with them in their current location and two chapters of their visit to Sarah's parents. I may call it Act 2 after that.

But then again, when I started the whole thing, what is now Act 0 was supposed to be a few scenes in the first chapter. Surprised Rolling Eyes

So, it may take an extra chapter or three to actually get there. Wink

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil Ok, I've decided to post a little teaser...

This is from the first draft, so the scene may be a little different once I finish editing the chapter...
Anyway, have fun... Twisted Evil

"Have you checked my latest calculations, Juan?"
"Yes, Doctor." The wolf answered "I rechecked the measurements you used and the calculations, everything looks fine to me, but then I don't pretend to understand the theory behind them."
"Good. Then we probably have an alien somewhere out there."
"Yes?"
"According to these calculations, one end of the wormhole opened somewhere in this region, upstate New York, western Pennsylvania or eastern Ohio. The other end opened somewhere else, not on this planet anyway, most probably in a parallel dimension. And something came through, in this direction, something that weighted in the region of 200 pounds. There is the distinct possibility that we have an alien somewhere in the area here."
"What do we do about it, Doctor?"
"Hmmm, I'd really like to get my paws on the alien. I'm sure we can find out all kinds of interesting things from it."
"How do you propose to find him. We don't have the furpower to search for it."
"Get all the local newspapers in that area, also the back issues for the last two months and look for anything that might be connected." The cloaked figure considered his options "And get me the contact info for ... what's his name? ... Agent Moulder."

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Snicker* Sounds like you're Scull(y)ing along there. Laughing

Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bearion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cateagle wrote:
*Snicker* Sounds like you're Scull(y)ing along there. Laughing

Cateagle

That's juan too many puns. Laughing

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Ok, chapter 8 is posted...

Confused It is a bit shorter than usual, but ...

anyway, have fun... Wink

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Rolling Eyes Ok, chapter 8 is posted...

Confused It is a bit shorter than usual, but ...

anyway, have fun... Wink

And it's a fun one. It's going to be real interesting to see how things develop here. You're obviously building in the start of several threads that have the potential to run a good while.

I give it "Two Furry Thumbs Up"

Cateagle

Concolor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked
Well, first off, if I were that "Doctor", I would be quite so sanguine about the surety of getting Chris away from Special Agent Moulder. That could get really, really messy.

Dittos to Cateagle's comment about plot complications. You've stirred the pot, but good!

I'm glad Chris has a couple more locals on his side. He'll be needing them, I fear. And I'm fearful for Sarah's well-being if anything truly bad should happen to Chris.

Lots to think about, m'friend. Good stuff.

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Rolling Eyes Oops, me stupid! I completely forgot to put something into the latest chapter. Confused

I added a bit. If you have already read the chapter, you don't have to do it again, here are the added sentences:

After a long time Sarah's friends finally left the water and we all spent the next hour or so talking. Martin also had a camera with him and took several pictures of us. They were full of questions about me and where I came from. Then we had a light lunch.

"Martin, can you make a set of prints for me as well?"
"Of course, Sarah. I'll have them developed tomorrow and I'll have a set ready when you bring our stuff back on Wednesday."
"Thank you."
"Before I forget, Sarah." Alice added "I probably won't be at home Wednesday. Here is a key for the house. Just drop all the dirty laundry in the hallway and feel free to take some refreshments or phone your parents. Lock the house and drop the keys in the mail slot when you are done, ok?"
"Yes, thank you Alice."
"Good night and have a safe drive back."
"Good night."

Concolor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doo-DOO-doo-doo ... doo-DOO-doo-doo ... doo-DOO-doo-doo ... doo-DOO-doo-doo ...

Photographs! Moulder will have something to latch onto now! Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> nameless All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: