Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SiasfL - Stranger in a strangely familiar Land - Act 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Concolor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a true feel-good experience! I am inexplicable happy now, and must fight the grin that keeps threatening to take over my face. Most definitely worth the wait. Very Happy

Sarah and Chris don't seem inclined to fight their happiness, and I think that's great. Too many people worry too much.

Heh. I think their friends and relatives might fall into that category, huh?

Can't wait to see what happens when Martin meets Chris. And the Carolinaes! Hooo-boy! Rolling Eyes

"She knows we ain't purists." Yeah. Right. But there are purists and then there are purists.

Fireworks, anyone? Twisted Evil

Bearion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great chapter, Nameless!

The couple is in that haze phase right now where everything looks wonderful and they can't imagine everyone else not feeling the same way.

A good way to handle the reactions, and Alice was great with her "Have you gone crazy!??"...

To anyone who hasn't read the chapter: Go! Now!

Bearion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alice's reaction was a little more then I expected at most I thought that she would think to herself "Uhg, how can she fall for someone so ugly he doesn't even have a tail!" and then outwardly smile and then she'd slowly come around. I would have thought that in a culture that has more then one species many in fact that Chris's differences would just be seen as minor oddities but then of course I'm not writing this tale so out of respect for the author I'll say this, I really do enjoy reading SiasFL and wish the chapters came faster then once a month but I know how much of a drag RL can be.
Concolor wrote:
Can't wait to see what happens when Martin meets Chris. And the Carolinaes! Hooo-boy!

True but I'm more interested to see George's reaction when he sees the two back in Columbus. Shocked That should be REAL INTERESTING.

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styx wrote:
True but I'm more interested to see George's reaction when he sees the two back in Columbus. Shocked That should be REAL INTERESTING.

Hmmm, Confused originally I had not planned to have George do a lot. But since you guys love to speculate about him, I'll have to come up with something. Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes

Twisted Evil Evil brain cells... Activate! Twisted Evil

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Styx wrote:

Hmmm, Confused originally I had not planned to have George do a lot. But since you guys love to speculate about him, I'll have to come up with something. Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes

Oh man, I can just see it now probably go down as the quickest purist conversion in history. Rolling Eyes

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styx wrote:
Nameless wrote:

Oh man, I can just see it now probably go down as the quickest purist conversion in history. Rolling Eyes

Confused Huh? I did not get that one... Rolling Eyes

(Just for the record, George is a raccoon, he would not have married a squirrel if he was a purist. What he thinks about an alien is a different matter, though...)

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I meant was that Gorge might suddenly take on a purist attitude thinking "MY GOD HE'S NOT EVEN A FUR, HOW COULD SHE!" maybe he and some of his buddies become violent over the matter, eh but that's just me rambling pay me no mind Smile

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And to celebrate the first half-birthday, the next chapter has been posted.

BTW...
Have fun and don't make a stink. Twisted Evil

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
And to celebrate the first half-birthday, the next chapter has been posted.

BTW...
Have fun and don't make a stink. Twisted Evil

LOL so Chris got little funky to Sarah huh? That was unexpected I guess it's only temporary though since Sarah said it was getting better, hope it doesn't keep causing a problem though. Great chapter Nameless I can hardly wait to see how this turns out.

anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder WHAT caused the stink...

That could cause them no end of problems down the road unless they find out soon...

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Concolor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That awful pun could get you fined for exceeding the groan limit in some countries. Rolling Eyes

Seriously, I'm a little worried but not that surprised by her reaction. Furs have more sensitive noses than hyoomuns, and eating certain things (garlic, cauliflower, some leafy greens, organ meats) will put a definitely 'unique' smell on the skin. I feel sorry for both of them. It would behoove them to find the source as soon as possible.

So, Chris is afraid of heights, is he? That's a wrinkle.

Hey, maybe fear-type adrenaline from being up there brought it on! Do I get a cookie? Laughing

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anthony wrote:
I wonder WHAT caused the stink...

I'm not telling... Twisted Evil

Ok, they will find out, but I won't tell until then. Twisted Evil Wink

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concolor wrote:
So, Chris is afraid of heights, is he? That's a wrinkle.

Hey, maybe fear-type adrenaline from being up there brought it on! Do I get a cookie? Laughing

Naahh. Confused Ok, that's not the cause. He did not go so high that he was really afraid, he was plenty uncomfortable though. Wink

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*G* If I were a suspicious type, I'd say that the change was in Sarah, not Chris. Various hormonal changes affect the sense of smell. one of the most obvious is..but, that's exceedingly unlikely - at least with Chris I'd think. Laughing

Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bearion

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The source of the smell is puzzling. If it was from climbing the tree, Sarah should have smelled it right away. Perhaps a reaction from Sarah "Tasting" too much of Chris's sweat? I'll have to ponder this some more.

Chris will have to get better at climbing in any case. We know he has the pushups down pat, now he has to work the rest of the muscle groups. Twisted Evil

Good chapter, Nameless.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> nameless All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: