Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SiasfL - Stranger in a strangely familiar Land - Act 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I just read the non chapter (I know, I'm late with that, sorry) and have to say, that is... I don't know what it is but it is it... and lots of it!

Powerful... in an evil kind of way (side note: A german is next? Must I be worried? Shocked )

But serious, I get the feeling there are some people put there who would like to actually do such things.

I really wonder, doesn't the CYA have anything better to do? As a christian organisation shouldn't they be helping the poor and the homeless or something like that? But no, they are surfing the internet, looking for furry sites they can shut down. And here I thought one of the things a christian should live according to is "Love your next like yourself."

Man, these guys must hate themselves.

On the other paw, it doesn't have to be that way. I think usually Furries and Christians get along fairly well. Of course, some Furries around here and Christians themselves. I'm at the moment working on a very promising project with one of them, so even evil atheists like me can get along with them.

Heck, the only real friend I have over here in Germany is a devoted Christian and we get along great. He isn't into Furry but he finds it funny to watch the things he sees of it thanks to me and he admires me and the other Furries of course too, because we are different and we stand to it. He even defends me in front of other people who can't or won't understand and/or tolerate me because I'm a Furry (got a funny story about that but I don't want you bore you with that, unless you want that Smile).

Anyway, I hope the CYA some day realizes that there are better and more important things for them to do.

Otherwise, they started the battle... I hope they won't make us end it.

My words, my opinion, my life.

Concolor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:

<snip>

I really wonder, doesn't the CYA have anything better to do? As a christian organisation shouldn't they be helping the poor and the homeless or something like that?

Yes. They should.

Tygon wrote:
But no, they are surfing the internet, looking for furry sites they can shut down. And here I thought one of the things a christian should live according to is "Love your neighbor as yourself."

Yes. It is.

Tygon wrote:
Man, these guys must hate themselves.

No. I doubt it. (Sorry for the monosyllabic answers, but I like to cut to the chase. Wink )
They probably haven't thought it out that far. They are too busy riding this hobby-horse of theirs to pay any attention to keeping the Main Thing the main thing. It's endemic with many faith-based organizations. They tend to aim at the wrong targets, attacking symptoms as opposed to simply getting the Message out. I know I sound like a broken record, but I truly believe that no one will ever be argued into Heaven. Much less browbeat there.

Tygon wrote:
On the other paw, it doesn't have to be that way. I think usually Furries and Christians get along fairly well. Of course, some Furries around here are Christians themselves. I'm at the moment working on a very promising project with one of them, so even evil atheists like me can get along with them.

Huh? You're evil? Really? Gosh, I need to check my definition again! Laughing

Tygon wrote:
Heck, the only real friend I have over here in Germany is a devoted Christian and we get along great. He isn't into Furry but he finds it funny to watch the things he sees of it thanks to me and he admires me and the other Furries of course too, because we are different and we stand to it. He even defends me in front of other people who can't or won't understand and/or tolerate me because I'm a Furry (got a funny story about that but I don't want you bore you with that, unless you want that Smile).

That's good to hear.

Tygon wrote:
Anyway, I hope the CYA some day realizes that there are better and more important things for them to do.

So do I, my friend. Rolling Eyes

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
Powerful... in an evil kind of way (side note: A german is next? Must I be worried? Shocked )

Twisted Evil

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here is the next chapter. Very Happy And it did not even take me one month to finish it. Laughing

Not exactly action-packed, but then... Wink

Well, have fun. Laughing

Bearion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:

Define "Action". Wink

SiasfL is finally deserving the MA rating, and I'd say there was enough action for one chapter. The shopping trip was interesting, too. Sarah turns more than a few heads, it seems. She didn't get any footwear, though. The poor guy will have a permanent limp at this rate. Of course, it's harder to run away that way too... Twisted Evil

Fun chapter, Nameless! I enjoyed it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just finished giving the whole thing a once over and I have to say I like it I really like it. Nothing like some spice to give a story flavor, and as for this chapter, NOW THATSA SPICY MEATA BALL!! Very nicely done very racy but no spooge, although I can't say that I would have minded if you had put the spooge into the mix. Ok yes I know but what can I say, I'm a furvert and I gota be me Mr. Green

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Ok, here is the next chapter. Very Happy And it did not even take me one month to finish it. Laughing

Well, have fun. Laughing

Still, a very nice one, my friend.

Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bearion wrote:
She didn't get any footwear, though. The poor guy will have a permanent limp at this rate. Of course, it's harder to run away that way too... Twisted Evil

Laughing Should have thought about that...

On the other paw, in my story the furs don't have human-like feet (most of them anyway, plenty of them are digitgrade as well) and use shoes only in bad weather, or when they have to protect their feet.
Hence the "Generic protective boots." these fit a wide variety of feet. Most other shoes have to be custom-made.
One can't just walk into a shop and get "Size 44" shoes. (What width, digitgrade, plantigrade, extra space for the claws needed, ....)
Wink

Concolor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I imagine that ANY pair of shoes would have to be custom-fit. So I can see where a cobbler might be able to make a living, providing specialty footwear. But off-the-rack shoes? Nah. There would have to be too big a variety in the inventory.

Hot chapter, btw. Very hot. Shocked Sauna-ish. They obviously have fallen for each other, and hard!

Can't wait to see Alice's reaction to Chris! "You fell for an alien?!?! You change your name to James T. Kirk or something?!?"
Laughing

anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings!

Concolor wrote:
Can't wait to see Alice's reaction to Chris! "You fell for an alien?!?! You change your name to James T. Kirk or something?!?"
Laughing

I, too, want to see that meeting...

Smile

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anthony wrote:
Greetings!

Concolor wrote:
Laughing

I, too, want to see that meeting...

Smile

My big question is how is furry society going to react to Chris will they react the same that human society would react to a fur "OH MY GOD! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?" or will their experiences dealing with different species on a daily basis allow for a calmer response "hmm, no fur or tail you don't see that everyday. Oooo, LOOK OVER THERE ALL CLOTHES 50% OFF!!"

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styx wrote:
My big question is how is furry society going to react to Chris will they react the same that human society would react to a fur "OH MY GOD! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?" or will their experiences dealing with different species on a daily basis allow for a calmer response "hmm, no fur or tail you don't see that everyday. Oooo, LOOK OVER THERE ALL CLOTHES 50% OFF!!"

To be honest, I have not decided yet. Confused
There will be a wide range of responses, but I don't know yet what the response by the majority of furs will be.

If you want to put in your 2 cents (or whatever), there is still a poll on my board here.

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet I know what Zig's reaction will be "Hey Chris, you ever thought of acting?" Wink

Ghostwolf
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya Nameless, just got done reading your fic. Pretty dang good, moving a little fast on the relation (maybe), but then there is the fact that she is rebounding from the devorce...*shrugs*...at any rate, it's a good story so far and that is, in the end, what matters.

As for the Non-chapter....all I can say is that I'd be likely to come back as some form of poltergiest and cause these folks quite a lot of PAIN.

Nameless wrote
Quote:
Tygon wrote:
Powerful... in an evil kind of way (side note: A german is next? Must I be worried? icon_eek.gif )

icon_twisted.gif

I do believe I'm glad I'm not a German...Sorry Tygon. Laughing Shocked

Styx Wrote
Quote:
I bet I know what Zig's reaction will be "Hey Chris, you ever thought of acting?" icon_wink.gif

:rofl: #Shocked

Ghostwolf out...

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Finally ! The next chapter is finished and posted ! Shocked

Have fun! Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> nameless All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: