Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SiasfL - Stranger in a strangely familiar Land - Act 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concolor wrote:
Tygon wrote:
BTW: I can't say if I would react like this if such a accidental dimensional transfer would happen to me but I think that I would be scared like a mouse on a cat convention.

Really? Serious? Naaahhhhhhh.....

I don't think so, not in my case anyway. Maybe I've ingested too much science fiction, but I believe that if I were in Chris' shoes (no, wait -- no shoes) in Chris' position, I'd be more at ease than he is. Heck, sometimes I almost expect something like that to happen. Very Happy

Or maybe just wish it would. Confused

I would like to belive that I would react like Chris but I'm realistic there. Hey, I'm even scared when I'm on vacation in another country. What will happen if I should get stuck in another dimension.

Just imagine this: Chris had the luck that he met Sarah, who is a squirrel, an animal nobody here would normally view as a threat. But imagine he would have met a tigress? Or a lioness? Or their male counterparts? A clearly predatorial animal.

Heck, in the world of "Suburban Jungle" he could have been legally stalked, killed and eaten.

I'm not saying that it's impossible that one could react like Chris. I'm just saying that I doubt that I would react like that. Who says that laws, morals and ethics are the same in another world? I would be VERY careful.

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
Just imagine this: Chris had the luck that he met Sarah, who is a squirrel, an animal nobody here would normally view as a threat. But imagine he would have met a tigress? Or a lioness? Or their male counterparts? A clearly predatorial animal.

Well, maybe I would not fear that a squirrel would want to eat me. But have you seen the claws they have? They are normally not threatening because they are much smaller than the predators, but if one has about the same size? Surprised

Concolor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
So I've posted the non-chapter.
Is it too evil Twisted Evil or not evil enough Mad ?

Shocked

Well . . . . . . .

Shocked . . . Shocked

Um . . . . . . .

Shocked

That was fairly hellish.

What was the deal? Were they actively TRYING to elicit that response from their "patients"? If so, they are missing the mark. I don't think I understand. Confused

Hey ... Maybe that's the point: the CYA doesn't understand either. They are missing entirely the charter that we Christians have to love our neighbor.
That we are to practice love regardless of that neighbor's tastes or affiliations.
That we are to practice love even in the most extreme of circumstances, whether it is returned or not, whether it is even noticed or not.
That modern-day witch-hunts and general persecutions have no part in the daily duty of the Christian.
That doing good only to those who love you back is NOT the earmark of God's people.

Yeah, maybe that's it.

Do I get a cookie? Wink

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concolor wrote:
Do I get a cookie? Wink

Yes. Twisted Evil Be carefull, though. I pinched that one from Wendy's larder, I think she made it for Karl. Have some drinking water at paw, say a medium sized lake... Twisted Evil

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Concolor, definitely an evil (non-)chapter. I agree with his characterization of organizations like CYA. ::Sigh:: I've had the "pleasure" of dealing with a church which had that attitude.

A nicely-done piece, Nameless.

Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bearion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh-boy. The Non-Chapter was an evil one. The ultimate head game with a bad ending. <shiver!>

It gets the point across very effectively! Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Serpentar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the non-chapter started out good but then just got kinda herm .. in a sitution I really hope never to find myself in.

People messing with other peeps minds like that .. arf .. no thanks -p Nameless and Skunkfox, can sure come up with some twisted matieral.

*edited to clarify message, sorry for inconivce*

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concolor wrote:
It's the kind of grin you get from experiencing something new and twisty and cozy, something delightful and strange and yet familiar. And no, that doesn't make any sense, and no, I really don't care. That's what it did.

Hmmm, I'm a little late in responding to this, but ...
Actually, this makes a lot of sense... because that is exactly what I set out to accomplish. Wink
It's supposed to be familiar, but just a little different.

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another chapter has been posted... Laughing

In several respects, this represents a mile-stone for me:

1) I like doing statistics. With this chapter I have passed the "ZZ Noir" story in wordcount. Smile
Apparently I have shown much more stamina than I ever thought possible.

2) This is the first chapter that was mostly written after the previous chapter was posted. Up to now, I had most of the next chapter already written when I posted one.

About the contents:
Well, some of it is important for the story, some of it was done mainly because I had a line I really wanted to use, and I wrote a scene for that... Wink

Embarassed Hmmm, no, the ending of the chapter does not mean that this is going to be the focus of the story from now on, but this is important at this point in the story. There will be some more, but not too much. Rolling Eyes Probably...

So, what do you think...

Concolor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Another chapter has been posted... Laughing

In several respects, this represents a mile-stone for me:

1) I like doing statistics. With this chapter I have passed the "ZZ Noir" story in wordcount. Smile
Apparently I have shown much more stamina than I ever thought possible.

2) This is the first chapter that was mostly written after the previous chapter was posted. Up to now, I had most of the next chapter already written when I posted one.

About the contents:
Well, some of it is important for the story, some of it was done mainly because I had a line I really wanted to use, and I wrote a scene for that... Wink

Embarassed Hmmm, no, the ending of the chapter does not mean that this is going to be the focus of the story from now on, but this is important at this point in the story. There will be some more, but not too much. Rolling Eyes Probably...

So, what do you think...

What I think is that you had an excess of fun while writing this chapter. Laughing

Would that line you really wanted to use have anything to do with gravy? Wink

Never having been in a cross-dimensional relationship myself, I have little in the way of frame of reference. But it does seem to me that their relationship is advancing a bit faster than would seem reasonable. I attribute that at least partially to Sarah's rebounding from her divorce. She is with a male now who appreciates her as a furson and as a woman, which is a novel experience for her. What femme wouldn't respond favorably to that?

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with Concolor there. Their relationship is moving REALLY fast (hey, didn't I already complain about that earlier? Wink) but then again, the circumstances aren't exactly normal and with Sarah's divorce... maybe she hungers for company and as Concolor said, Chris obviously appreciates her.

Very nice chapter.

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concolor wrote:

Not originally, at least this was not the line I wrote that scene for. I wrote it as a reference to another Furry story. And the line I mostly liked there was about swishing...

Any Garfield fans out there? One of the lines (or actually two linked lines) was taken straight from one of the strips... Question Laughing

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Concolor wrote:

Not originally, at least this was not the line I wrote that scene for. I wrote it as a reference to another Furry story.

Would that be a certain alternate version of another Furry story?

Cateagle

PS. A very, very nice chapter; my compliments

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the reference was to another story. A much earlier story.

The "gravy" line was at least a bit inspired by the "Juicy Desert" line. Wink

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
The "gravy" line was at least a bit inspired by the "Juicy Desert" line. Wink

That was what I was asking about Wink Laughing

Cateagle

Those who wonder about this reference can email me privately.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> nameless All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: