Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

World of Goo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: World of Goo Reply with quote

Well, it doesn't happen often that I find a game that I truly like AND that hasn't been discussed to death already.

World of Goo is a puzzle game that is reminiscent of of Lemmings and I mean in the way that there is a number of small beings that need to be guided through a level and thus rescued while they themselves and their abilities are instrumental in that rescue.

I had seen a few trailers for World of Goo a while ago and recently I learned that it was available for MacOS. I got it yesterday, only got to try it today though and I can honestly say that it is quite awesome.

You have to guide little Goo Balls (yes, little balls of goo) to pipes and the balls can be connected to form (often quite elaborate) constructions. Naturally, with them being goo and not concrete they are flexible and can't stand much strain, so you have to be careful with what you build. Also, the number of Goo Balls you have in each level is limited.

That's the gist of it. There is a lot more than I could say, but I won't, for I am tired and I couldn't describe it properly anyway.

Instead, I recommend that those among you who like puzzle games go to www.worldofgoo.com and take a look. They have lots of info, videos and you can even download demos for MacOS and Windows versions of the game and they are working on a Linux version. It is also available for the Wii through WiiWare, and I'm sure it would be a blast to play with a WiiMote.

I can only recommend World of Goo. I had to tear myself away from it to write this and (eventually) go to bed. I haven't had this much fun in a while with such a comparatively simple game and never before have I build something while being cheered on by the construction material Smile

Happy gaming!

Teric

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I saw one of my co-workers playing it here at work. It looks like a fun little puzzle game, potentially pretty complex as you have to build more elaborate structures to get the goo-balls to where they need to go.
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, indeed you do. And in a few levels reaction is asked for as well since you have to re-build you structure on the fly as the ground moves. That's only a pawful though. In most of them the ground is quite firm... it's the goo that isn't Wink
Hawke

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That game has probably one of the best soundtracks I have ever heard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: