Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Super-Saturated Solution
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 7:39 pm    Post subject: A Super-Saturated Solution Reply with quote

Those who remember high school chemistry should be familiar with the concept of the super-saturated solution, where you drop one seed crystal in and crystals form throughout the container. Well, it appears my job hunt situation evolved into an analog of that.

Within a week or so of starting this present contract job, a concern which I'd been talking with since late August called and asked if I could come in for an interview. The previous time I'd talked to them, they'd said they likely would have nothing until March. Anyway, my work schedule here allowed an opportunity to do so without cheating my employers here of any time and I went out to Long Island for an interview shortly before Thanksgiving. It must have gone well because I've now received a job offer from them. On top of that, I've also been invited to interview for a direct postion on another program at this plant and I'll be following that up next week. Giving my present boss an opportunity to make a counter-offer, I figure that by the end of the month, I should have a permanent job settled one way or another. Of course, any of them will require a relocation - which will disrupt things for a bit.

How this will affect the production of my chapter 4.3 is an open question and I can't give a good answer - too many variables.

Anyway, I'd rather be in this situation than where I was, out of work with no offers.

Cheers,
Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... that is interesting... But I agree, it's much better than being without a job at all.

Good luck, Cateagle. I hope the best will turn out for you.

Rava

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*chuckles* Never fails.. Get one boyfriend and 3 more appear out of the woodwork Wink Of course the same goes for jobs... Congrats honey
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like some cat in a draught in RL.

No food for a week, then gorge on the kill.

At least things are looking up..

Bearion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear of some GOOD news for a change! Way to go!

Good luck on whichever job works out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Concolor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that your current set of 'problems' beats the slop out of your previous situation.

Most felicitous congratulations. :grab: Carpe diem!

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 10:43 am    Post subject: Post-Interview After Action Report Reply with quote

Well, IMHO, the interview went well indeed. Definitely better than the one a touch over two months previously. I've also kept my present boss infomred of both situations and he's looking at a counter offer to keep me in his group.

Regarding the offer from Bethpage, I think I need to talk to them. All of the online Cost of Living data I've found so far shows me taking a decided hit at the salary they are currently offering.

Thoughtfully,
Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 10:23 am    Post subject: Job Hunt Status Reply with quote

I wrote:
Well, IMHO, the interview went well indeed. Definitely better than the one a touch over two months previously. I've also kept my present boss informed of both situations and he's looking at a counter offer to keep me in his group.

Regarding the offer from Bethpage, I think I need to talk to them. All of the online Cost of Living data I've found so far shows me taking a decided hit at the salary they are currently offering.

Well, I was right, the interview did indeed go well and I now have an offer on the table from them. In addition, the folks in Bethpage have recognized my concerns over the cost of living differential and have sweetened the offer. My present boss has "too many balls in the air" at the moment to make a counter-offer but said he'd keep me in mind if I did take the other job here.

Laughing It's nice to feel wanted after the problems I had earlier this fall. Exclamation

Cheers,
Cateagle

Bearion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Job Hunt Status Reply with quote

Cateagle wrote:
It's nice to feel wanted after the problems I had earlier this fall. Exclamation

What a great Christmas Present and it makes a HAPPY New Year!

I Hope the move is positive too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Job Hunt Status Reply with quote

Bearion wrote:
Cateagle wrote:
It's nice to feel wanted after the problems I had earlier this fall. Exclamation

Well, that's one thing I'll be studying carefully over the Christmas holidays - which move is the most clearly positive one. I'll probably be posting more info later - perhaps even polling the folks here.

Thoughtfully,
Cateagle

Sslaxx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Job Hunt Status Reply with quote

Cateagle wrote:
Bearion wrote:
Cateagle wrote:

Well, that's one thing I'll be studying carefully over the Christmas holidays - which move is the most clearly positive one. I'll probably be posting more info later - perhaps even polling the folks here.

Thoughtfully,
Cateagle

:) Good that you have a selection of opportunities, Cateagle. Good luck!

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For purely personal reasons, I'd love it if the Bethpage one turned out to be best. Laughing

I'm maybe an hour from there, driving-wise. And since I've got other friends that I'll drive two hours to get to...

Kinsfire

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, at least you're honest Smile

Cateagle, it's great to hear that all went well. Now you've got the toughest part to do: Choose. But I'm sure... no, I KNOW that you'll choose the right thing.

And whatever your choice will be, good luck Smile

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinsfire wrote:
For purely personal reasons, I'd love it if the Bethpage one turned out to be best. Laughing

I'm maybe an hour from there, driving-wise. And since I've got other friends that I'll drive two hours to get to...

Well, the proximity to friends like you and, comparatively, to AC are intangibles in favor of Bethpage.

Cheers,
Cateagle

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: Illia Iacta Est!! Reply with quote

For those of you who don't read my LJ, the following went up there on January 2:

"The Die is Cast" After considerable number-crunching, thought, and prayer, I've decided to decline the offer from Northrop-Grumman Corporation in Bethpage, NY on Long Island and accept the offer from LMAero in Ft. Worth. Some of the details will definitely have to be worked out, but this certainly seems to be the move in the best financial interests of my family.

More info as I have it.

Cheers,
Cateagle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> cateagle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: