Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Edit post button - gone missing

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Site Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stormwalker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Edit post button - gone missing Reply with quote

Got a silly question for anyone who knows about this kind of thing. I've recently made a couple of posts in the bad data on the server HD thread, and I noticed that they both have spelling mistakes in them - much to my annoyance. So, I go looking for the edit button, and it's not there. I was talking to Scifer on MSN, and he sent me a pic (with a nice big RED arrow) showing me where the edit button was - right next to the Quote button (where I thought it was, from other boards using this software)...

Only drama was... It's not there. O.O So, my question is, is it just me, and if it is, what'd I do? Razz This may be an entirely silly question - but I think it's still wierd, considering I've been on too many forums, for too long, and I've never had this problem before...

I'm on a P4 1.8, using IE6 and Windows XP, if that helps any. If the button comes back when I next get on here, I'll let everyone know...

Lindsay- bemuddled and confused about his apparent lack of editing skills Laughing

no edit button.jpg
 Description:
There's no edit button near the Quote button - any ideas?
 Filesize:  61.24 KB
 Viewed:  125 Time(s)

no edit button.jpg

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this forum (Site Problems) you cannot edit your own posts (or delete them). Scroll all the way down to see the list of things you are allowed to do (or not) for the forum you are currently on.
Whip-lash
Kneel before me... for I am Root!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct. The Site Problems forum is locked down to only allow new posts and replies. Editing or deleting existing messages is restricted.
Stormwalker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes That would explain some things... Thanks for that.

Lindsay Laughing
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Site Problems All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: