Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Farewell for a Friend"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
Two very minor things marked and sent back to you. Looks ready to go from my POV.

Edits incorporated into my master file and into the file for the variant with the critical difference.

*Smiles* I hope one or more of the excellent artists on PF gets inspired enough to produce an illustration or two from this story. There are some scenes that'd be good subjects.

*Grins* I will drop one minor tidbit, this story happens while Lee & Debbye are still childless. *Chuckle* If you really want to get into their story, it's roughly a year before the twins are conceived.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that's the case they either waited a long time before getting married or they waited a long time before having children.

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styx wrote:
If that's the case they either waited a long time before getting married or they waited a long time before having children.

They waited a long time before having children. It gives nothing away to say that they waited five years before trying for children, using appropriate means of birth control before that. After that, the difference in species, among other factors, was enough that it took a while before Debbye became pregnant; mind you, they certainly enjoyed trying all that time. Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, final editted copy went to Chris and Mike on the 17th. It's in their paws now. Had some late edits from Mwalimu that we still managed to get in with a follow-up mailing.

I will keep the schedule I described earlier, one week after it goes up on Mike's site, I'll post it, and the variant I mentioned, on my site.

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took a long time, but I have finally read it. A good read, it was close but it didn't quite get me to cry. Confused But then since the events were more periphal to the main event than in some of the other stories, that is probably natural.

I don't know if you normally talk like that, but if I had to use the polished formulations Cateagle uses I'd have to think for half an hour for each sentence. Wink

Two reasons why I didn't read it until now:
1) I was very busy and stressed out when it was posted. Mad Sad
2) More than a page of "It's going to be posted soon..." posts somehow Confused Mad I don't quite know how to put it... discouraged me from reading it.

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you liked it, Nameless. I can understand the first reason well enough - I'm finding that I'd better hurry up on a bunch of writing before things get stressful for me at work. As for the second reason, 'tis my nature to try and keep folk up to date with how things stand. Actually, that story went through fairly quickly compared to somethings I've got in work. Sad
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally red it too and I gotta say it was excellent writing Cateagle, it evoked a good deal of emotion but didn't have me in tears (well at least not full blown like Ch. 6) which is why I haven't read the other ch 6 stories oh I will one day when I get up the nerve its just that ch. 6 had such an impact on me I was rather bothered by it I mean I was depressed for a week it was like someone I really knew died I'm not anxious to feel like that again. Anyway I've gone off the subject a bit I just wanted to say I really enjoyed your foray into the Tabbyverse, and I can't wait to read 4.4

*sees Mike's poke & prod and raises a ton of bricks*

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
Yes, like 4.4? Wink

Poke, prod... Twisted Evil

<snarls> Tell me about it, I'm getting back to it now that things have stablized, more or less, around me. The last month or two have had some real distracting aspects in RL but I think I'm getting matters back on a more or less even keel to where I can start listening to my muse again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> cateagle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: