Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oh *%#$@$*!!!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 10:37 am    Post subject: Oh *%#$@$*!!!!! Reply with quote

Go a 2-week RIF notice today, so I'm looking for work. Mad

Wis me luck, folks - I wont' turn down prayers or any otehr kidn fo support.

Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Galadrion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>.< Ow...

My sympathies, m'friend. Good luck, and best wishes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 10:55 am    Post subject: RIF - Contact Reply with quote

Contact Mike King at 972-702-9022 - Sapphire Technologies. I contract through them. Tell them Sean Conley sent you. I know, its a little North of you, but hey...Anything is good in Texas as of right now. I've even learned to say "You want Fries with That?
elMaxx
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheer up Evan, everything will look better soon! we'll pray for ya.
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh damn... Well, my best wishes are with you my friend.

Last edited by Tygon on Fri Aug 02, 2002 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Oh *%#$@$*!!!!! Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear that, guy. Believe me, I know what you're going through ... sort of -- you at least got a notice.

I sure wish you better luck than I'm having!

All the best,
Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
caspian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will Put you on my prayer list also. Right next to Chris.

What do you do? So I can send posible jobs i find to you?

Eric

Pflarrian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ew... Pink slips suck, and they don't go well with my fur, either...

Actually, that was kind of a lame joke, wasn't it? Sorry.

Don't worry, Evan, you'll find something. I wish you the best of luck in your search.
whiterabbit
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh. ouch. I don't have too much experience getting layed of like that. (Most of the time I get just plain old-fashioned fired) But, my condolences, guy. Maybe you will find a job out my way?

Back in action!

Anyone who calls themselves normal is either a fascist or a liar.
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 3:45 pm    Post subject: Wish Me Luck Reply with quote

I've got an interview tomorrow with Lockheed-Martin in Ft. Worth. Based on past experience, this looks promising.

Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Wish Me Luck Reply with quote

Cateagle wrote:
I've got an interview tomorrow with Lockheed-Martin in Ft. Worth. Based on past experience, this looks promising.

Cateagle

Great! Good luck, buddy!

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
Cateagle will be very scarce for an unknown length of time.

His home comp has been acting very flakey for a while and has now gone fully 'toes up'.

He is unsure when he can get it fixed.

*snicker* That's the cleanest definition I've seen yet for the term I used on LJ, "Tango Uniform". It's generally used with another *ahem* body part. Embarassed

PS. This is being posted from a Library computer. I honestly don't know how often I'll get on here. Meanwhile, the writing does proceed, albeit slowly, as I do have a backup copy of my latest chapter at work and can work on it there 'til I get my home comp fixed (N.B. Any funds contributed to such repairs will be appreciated Wink )

Nite
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Cateagle, good to see you're still kickin'! Wink

Hope your Christmas is a happy & healthy one Smile
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if that other company decides that they want him back, I hope he can get some agreements in writing against a repeat of the "out in 30 minutes" nonsense (if he even considers going back to them). Who did they think he is, Domino's?
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to Mike, I should say that I could make the commute to either location run by my former employer, but it'd be roughly a 90-100 mile drive each way; doable, but not fun (I've done it in the past, going the other way from Waco to here when I was contracting at LM). I will certainly consider AmigaDragon's advice should I enter serious negotiations with the Integrated Systems Division of L-3 Communications. Meanwhile, the new tanker program that Northrop-Grumman has won so far (though the political battles are still to come) is definitely quite interested as I have the experience and special backgrounds (active Secret clearance, ITAR-environment experience) that they're looking for; that I've previously worked for that company with a good record doesn't hurt, either. Very Happy This position would have me relocating to the Melbourne, FL area.

Beyond these two, I'm looking several other places and we shall see what happens. Bell Helicopter here in Ft. Worth has some openings as do various other companies around the country. At the moment, the two locations that have lowest priority on my list are Wichita, KS (personal reasons there) and a slight chance in Duluth, MN (no offense to anyone from MN, but that's just a tad too cold for this old fur Wink ).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> cateagle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: