Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gold Digger 6 is available

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 9:44 pm    Post subject: Gold Digger 6 is available Reply with quote

The subject says it all.
BLITZ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOOoooooo reading goodness Smile
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...does my heart good to read comments like that...

Kinsfire

Galadrion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. Can't get to Chapter 6. If I go to the PlanetFurry mirror, Chapter 6 shows up in the drop-down, but when I click on it, I get an error page. And when I try to go through Chapter 5, the "link" at the bottom of the page is text, rather than a link! Kinsfire? Why are you teasing the unstable cat? That's not nice, Kinsfire...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galadrion wrote:
Hm. Can't get to Chapter 6. If I go to the PlanetFurry mirror, Chapter 6 shows up in the drop-down, but when I click on it, I get an error page. And when I try to go through Chapter 5, the "link" at the bottom of the page is text, rather than a link! Kinsfire? Why are you teasing the unstable cat? That's not nice, Kinsfire...

...especially when your local hostmaster (me) proves to be an idiot...

Just went to fix the link, and realized that I'd done all the updates except one - preparing the %$^%$# file as HTML! Gah!

It will be fixed shortly...once your moron of a hostmaster stops beating his head against the wall...

Kinsfire

BLITZ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knowing the problem is half the trouble of figuring it out! Wink
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...now that my head is nice and soft...

NOW Chapter 6 is posted...and I just double checked to verify that, on both kinsfire.net and my PF site.

Kinsfire[/b]

Galadrion

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And nicely done, as well. This chapter is yet another example in the PlanetFurry library that a chapter doesn't have to be all action or plot advancement to still be a compelling read. I got the impression that a lot of this was background information and character sketches, and yet it holds my attention just as well as the most intense passages of, for example, the M'Tanna War, or the attempted assassination in Serina. As I've told others privately, sometimes a story needs blood and thunder, and sometimes it needs quiet development. That seems to be something everyone here understands - and does very well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galadrion wrote:
And nicely done, as well. This chapter is yet another example in the PlanetFurry library that a chapter doesn't have to be all action or plot advancement to still be a compelling read. I got the impression that a lot of this was background information and character sketches, and yet it holds my attention just as well as the most intense passages of, for example, the M'Tanna War, or the attempted assassination in Serina. As I've told others privately, sometimes a story needs blood and thunder, and sometimes it needs quiet development. That seems to be something everyone here understands - and does very well.

I'm blushing. Embarassed Seriously, though, when I wrote this chapter, I had the feeling that it was more 'thud and blunder' than anything else. I guess we're more critical of ourselves than we should be...

These last three chapters have been helping me sort out the romantic entanglements in Kevin's life. (One area where Kevin does not mirror my life, BTW - Kevin never met someone like my wife. If people want, I'll explain some of the background decisions that went into the writing of this set of stories - might give an interesting insight to the way my brain works.) If you'll note, there was a Gina chapter, an Unna chapter, and now a triplets chapter.

I have a disturbing chapter(s) coming up soon. (You understand that odd phrasing when it/they get posted. It was originally one long chapter (about 18 pages, which was approaching my Destiny's Children days), but noted that about eleven pages in was an excellent break point.) As I've mentioned in a different topic, it's at the end of those chapters that I think Kevin will finally break from me. He's...well, I'm just teasing you by not saying what happens, so I'll stop teasing.

You can take comfort in the fact that I'm working on the intervening chapters as we speak. I'm hoping to post those disturbing chapters in about a month or so, but I have to get there first... Rolling Eyes

Kinsfire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> kinsfire All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: