Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rant Central - Or why is the next chapter not posted already
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh I know what that's like I haven't worked on my story for about a week now I'm really starting to feel guilty about it too Confused

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been doing a reasonable amount of writing in the last few weeks, but all of that was on the yiffy story that I have started posting in the "Scraps" section.
My job is still so stressful that I hardly find the time (and peace of mind) to do much writing...
If I finish the story (or the chapter, at least) tomorrow, I will update it (still in the Scraps section as I have not edited it). If not, it will have to wait a little...

On Saturday I am leaving for a two week holiday in Equador and the Galapagos Islands.

I may or may not get to write anything during that time. I have not done anything on SiasfL in a long while, but I have been thinking about it recently and I have quite a few ideas on what to do with it. Should be enough for several chapters. Now I only have to find the time to sit down and write it.

Anyway, no updates for two weeks. (Not as if there have been a lot in the last few months)

Hortmage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOoooh! Sounds like an extremely cool vacation!

Enjoy yourself...unwind...take lots of pictures...and don't worry about us fans...we'll muddle through somehow....

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hortmage wrote:
...take lots of pictures...

I plan to. I just hope my camera is not stolen or breaks down or something...
Anyway, I got a Canon EOS-300D (aka Digital Rebel), 2*512MB CF cards, 20GB Image tank and a Subnotebook with a 30GB disk...
That setup should be good for a few thousand pics... Wink

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm finally home from my visit to Ecuador and the Galapacos islands. (And I have one heck of a jet-lag. Confused )

I took tons of pictures (about 2500) and even got to do a little writing. They have nice critters there (if mostly furless) and one can get awfully close to them (often 1m or less).

To any who have asked, I really want to continue my stories (and in fact, the next chapter of SiasfL is nearly done... now I only have to find time to edit it...)
My job continues to be a bitch, so I don't think I will find much time (and energy) for writing in the next few weeks. Sad

Hortmage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back!

Please take as much time as you need to recuperate before writing again.

But...if you want to post a bunch of your vacation pix while we wait.... Wink

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hortmage wrote:
But...if you want to post a bunch of your vacation pix while we wait.... Wink

I'm still working on getting the pictures ready for use. I always shoot in RAW mode, so they have to be converted first... Given the amount of pictures I shot, just processing them takes about 24 hours of CPU time. And that is without any of the adjustments I have to do to make them look right (Fiddle with the white balance and exposure).
And the pictures take up about 16 GB...

I'll have to do some serious pruning and compressing before I can fit that into my web space... Wink

But if people are interested, I will post a few.

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! What kind of digital cam are you using? I use a Kodak 3.1 megapixel and the pics are nice and clear and are less then a meg each strait from the camera.

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a Canon EOS 300D (I think it is called Digital Rebel in the US),
the 18-55mm Lens from the Kit,
a 75-300 Lens from Canon (with the Image Stablisation function),
and the usual odds and ends (2 * 512 MB CF cards, tripod, lens hoods, 20GB image tank, extra batteries, .....)

The RAW images are 3072*2048 pixels and take up about 7MB each (JPGs would use about 3-4 MB at the highest quality setting).
Using the RAW files allows much more lattitude in fiddling with the image later.

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! a pro quality camera must of set you back quite a bit, sound like a lot of work to go through though unless you like doing that kind of stuff.

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SET rantmode = TRUE; Wink

Apparently someone does not like me or what I'm writing. For the second time now someone posted a completely off-topic topic on my forum, one that contains a little strange text and a link to a site full of crap. I don't really know what the point of this was supposed to be, it did not hurt me in any way. If it does not happen 10 times a day, I don't have any problem deleting this crap, it takes only a few mouse clicks after all.
If anything, this left me shaking my head, wondering about the mental state of the poster (the two occurrences where somewhat similar, so it may have been the same person) and from what institution s/he escaped.

Oh, well. If this was my biggest problem, I'd be perfectly happy.

My job continues to stress me out. The amount of overtime I'm putting in increases continuously with no real end in sight. Ok, it might get better in a month or two, but in the meantime a lot more things that I just have to finish yesterday will pop up. At least my financial situation looks good, all that overtime pay piles up really nicely on my bank account. Now if I could only find a little time to spend some of it. Confused

Which leaves my writing...
I hardly wrote anything in April. The next chapter of SiasfL is maybe 30% done.
My muse continues to throw new ideas at me, which does not exactly make it easier to finish anything. It's easy to think about what I want to write, but I need more peace of mind to actually sit down and write.
I made some nice progress on a short piece for the adult site... Hmmm, considering the nature of my recent work as far as this is concerned (just a tad on the dark and ... [can't quite find the right words] side). Maybe my subconscious is trying to tell me something... Confused

Shadu

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess its all a matter of time then. Nothing else, nothing more, as long as a new chapter is comming somewhere at the end of the dark tunnel everything is Ok. Very Happy
Furry_wolf2001b

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will wait patiently fore what ewer you come up with.
Be it adult, scary,romantic or not, we will read with enjoyment what ewer the story is about. Smile
Paladin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm new round these parts, this is my first post on a message board at all do bear with me. Embarassed
Just wanted to say your story is wonderful, and like Furry_wolf2001b said we will wait patiently for more to come. Keep up the great work! Very Happy

THE LIGHT SHINES!

We got a long way to go,
and a short timt to get there...
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing much to report. My work continues to stress me out. Mad

I've been doing a little writing. But it seems to get more difficult, seems on top of everything else, my writing skills are starting to rust... Confused Mad Evil or Very Mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> nameless All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: