Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PF Email and Other Services Policies

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Site Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: PF Email and Other Services Policies Reply with quote

Speaking from personal experience with PF, my own server and several other ISP's, one should take the following stance on the Email Service Provided by Planet Furry:

[Note: I'm taking from personal experience here, and from the first email Whiplash sent me so long ago.]

1) WhipLash or any other of the PF Moderators and System Administrators will not ever ask for your password for the PF email/account service or for any other system you may use.

-Any email recieved stating or requesting for accounts, passwords and other pertant information should be ignored, deleted, or other wise caged.

2) Changes to you account will not be invoked without your expressed permission (email or PM), unless such an emergency occurs that temporarily disables PF. Even then, I doubt that changes would be made, since Whip does an excellent of getting PF up and running with the most convience possible, and changes were never invoked in the past.

3) Scheduled down time will be posted here on 'Site Problems', like it has been done in the past. Also in the past- such warnings were emailed, but I dont think that practice has been done in quite a while, and the latest sets of downtime has been "unscheduled."

KEEP THIS IN MIND IF YOU RECIEVE EMAILS REQUESTING FOR PASSWORDS AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn it all! I just spilt soup on the keyboard and it must have deleted the topic name and sent it.... grrr....

Getting Maxx to fix the title for me.
AIM Reports that he's away fromhis computer...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
RealDesertFox

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can edit the title by editing the initial post.
Nite
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, editing messages is not allowed for this thread, don't know if that's a mistake or intentional.
elMaxx
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna check the properties of the thread when i get home. thanks for the heads up.
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nite wrote:
Nope, editing messages is not allowed for this thread, don't know if that's a mistake or intentional.

I believe it's intentional; no one is going to be dropping bowls of soup on their kaybaords while posting on the forum....
eww... (gotta hide this thing and swap it with a spare!)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Site Problems All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: