Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My muse either loves me or hates me
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can put up with up to 1 chapter around evrey 6 months(its almost that long with kittiara's and at least that long with Hasai's steel dragon saga) so take your time if you need it i like good stuff and wait for it if necesary. Very Happy
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it's not 6 months between updates on this story! Laughing I've got too many others to do, and this one won't let me loose to do them!

BTW, furs:

Chapter 13 is available at kinsfire.net!

Shadu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well one by one is fine by me. besides perhaps the time will let you improve on the next ones. Cool

It was a good chapter as allways kep up the good work!!! Mr. Green

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can now announce that Chapter 14 - The Mirror of Galadriel is complete, and is even posted.

Hopefully less editing errors snuck through this time.

Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL
this is great!

I'm not one for Crossovers, but I gotta admit, you do this VERY well.

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm a great fan of BOTH series, so I'm trying REALLY hard to get them BOTH right...I guess I'm doing okay at that. Smile
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd certainly say so. I find it a most enjoyable read.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't post it this morning at *mumble* AM, but Chapter 15 is posted at kinsfire.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!

another excellent chapter!

Cannot wait for the upcoming split!
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - half of Boromir falls to the right, half to the left...Laughing

Amusingly enough, if you know the books well enough, you can guess who's in whose role. Other than the flipping obvious one (Harry is Frodo - DUH), anyone have the rest of them figured out? (Not that difficult, really - not too many choices.)

Galadrion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I don't think it's quite that obvious, yet - though I do have my theories. As far as this chapter went (and the previous one, as well), Ron is taking the part of Samwise - the other one to look in the Mirror of Galadriel, and his reaction to the Lady (and other elves, for that matter). Overall, though, Hermione is far more Harry's emotional support, which is the other part Sam plays in the original.

Merry and Pippin I always found to be mostly interchangeable up to this point in the story (with the exception of dropping the stone into the well in Moria - which Ron did, making him "Pippin"), not really diverging from each other until they seperate after Rohan.

If I'm guessing right and you're casting Ron as Pippin, he'll be the one to accompany Gandalf the White to Gondor, and to pledge his service to Denethor - though I'd reverse that, personally. Draco seems far more likely to fit in at Gondor, with its more chivalrous outlook, while Ron would be more natural riding for Rohan - and attacking the Witch-King alongside Eowyn seems far more the sort of impulsive act that Ron would take than Draco. (Though if the lore about the Witch-King still holds true, it had best be Hermione fighting alongside Eowyn; either of the boys would be facing the likelihood of dying in that case.)

I know I've mentioned this to you before, but I still find it an intriguing notion: if Ron plays the part of Samwise, what is going to happen when Shelob comes into play? Could be a major character development point, I should think - or a rather impressive proving-out of Ron's new mithril wand...

Come to think of it, what happens if Draco takes the part of Sam at that pass? There's still the question of whether or not he can stand to take up the burden of the Ring a second time, after all...

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here we go, finally. Not happy that this one took me four days to write - it shouldn't have.

Hopefully the next one will go faster. (BTW - the word count is up to just over 70,000 words. I probably won't break 75K by the 10th, but I'll be close!)

Edit: Caught a line that should have made it in, but didn't. The file has been changed and updated.

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it turns out that the real 30 day limit was yesterday. I still had managed to get 75,000 words finished by midnight last night, although the chapter wasn't finished.

It is now.

Enjoy!

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know whether or not I've bothered to mention it at all in the past few posts, but we are now up to Chapter 19 being posted.

You might want to read the New section on the kinsfire.com site as well - there's some news about the story there as well. (Nothing bad, so don't worry.)

Shadu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if every 1 is like me you really don't have to. Laughing i check daily for updates on most of your pages and many others. its like a morning ritual Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> kinsfire All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: