Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time Enough for Love

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Tabitha the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xaqtly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Time Enough for Love Reply with quote

Hope nobody minds, I felt this deserved its own thread.

Cirrel - what can I say? Only Tabitha chapter 6 itself and a bit or two from ZZtS have made me this teary eyed. What an exquisitely written piece, what a powerhouse of emotion. It was jarringly realistic, putting me right in the room along with the characters, so much so that I could smell the sterilization in the hospital. I've never had to experience the painful passing of a soul so up close and personal before, and it was a harsh experience.

Thanks for writing this piece and sharing it with us, and the artwork that you did for it. I'd like to think I'm more enriched for having read it.

Mapper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Xaqtly
I thought Cirrels pics were quite powerful in drawing emotion and here he goes and slams me into the ground with a very powerful view in text. Ill admit I did quite abit of sniffling reading and the pic that acompanied the story tore the rest of my heart.
Bravo!!!! Cirrel Bravo!!

Av by GreyCat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Leonato

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This most certainly deserves its own thread. I agree 100%. Firstly, I want to say I was caught off guard. I went into it, with the preamble sentance from Chris Yost that it was sorta fitting for valentines day. And sorta asumed (partly cause I didnt want to believe the truth) that it wasnt about Sabrina. Only about 3/4 through it, where I could no longer deny that it -was- her... did it hit home. And yes, there was much weeping and gnashing of teath. But Cirrel did what I can never do... and that was, put into words the message that I believe the story Tabitha embodies. And, if you furs dont mind, I'll quote where he put it into so much better words than I could ever hope to manage:

Quote:
I suppose I should have admired the beauty, but I simply stood there watching my frozen breath drift away one puff at a time. Here was proof that I was alive. One breath followed another - and another - and life went on.

Yet, how easy it is to snuff out.

All of us are only one breath - one heartbeat - away from death. Why then, if death is so close, are we so surprised, so angered, and so heartbroken when it finally takes one of us away?

Because most of us aren't ready for it. Too many things left unsaid and undone.

That is what I believe is the powerfull message behind these stories. The message we -must- hear. That life -is- to short, and that we should not let a day go by without telling those we care about how we feel. For there may come a day that we can not. Life is made up of meetings and partings, such is the way of it. May we live so that when we too must say goodbye, that we can smile as we go, while those around us weep over the loss. And may we never forget to take enough time for love.

Leonato

Hortmage

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn.

I can't even comment on this story. I made the mistake of reading it during a period when my doctor is changing my medications. I've worn off of the previous anti-depressent, and the new one hasn't kicked in yet.

I haven't teared up like that since I started working on TV Dave's tribute to chapter 6 (and I swear that I will finish that one day).

It's taken me a couple of days to even get the nerve to visit the forum, and be reminded of the Cirrel's story. It's taken me a half hour, and 4 rewrites, to even get this much written. I can't bring myself to visit Chris' site yet.

I'm going to go curl up in bed again... Crying or Very sad

KieferSkunk
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, Cirrel has written an amazing piece of work. Cirrel, you are incredible!

This story is very much like another piece he wrote for the Fornax series by Matt McCullar, titled "Code Blue". It's an account of the night that Blue Fornax was brought in to the hospital following her collapse in the bathroom. "Code Blue" is written from an EMT's eyes, very much like this story, and it is equally powerful. Both stories make you experience every heart-wrenching moment, and they make you FEEL every emotion, every little nuance that one's senses can pick up in an emergency. Having been in several emergencies myself, I can certainly account for how much sharper your senses become in such a situation. You notice everything.

These are the kinds of stories that can only be written by someone who's been there.

Thank you, Cirrel, for both of these stories that I know could only have been written from the heart. Smile

Cirrel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your kind words. As Kiefer Skunk surmised, I've been there, being a former EMT and Navy Medic. I've also lost a parent in a car accident. Still, as sad as it seemed, I hope my story had a positive effect. I wanted to portray Sabrina as a fur who had her priorities straight. Love comes before life, for without love, there is no life worth living. That may sound maudlin and corny, but most basic truths are like that.

This was a story of love in dire circumstances, but love can also come in happy and fun times too. For instance, I'm eagerly waiting for Chris' written version of Sabrina's wedding. That's gonna be a happy time!

I'll even do the wedding pictures!

<Looks at Chris> And don't you spoil it by having somefur cut loose with her 'spray gun' this time. That's definately NOT a Kodak moment. Razz

Cirrel

Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*chuckle* Well, if you want some scenes to practice with, allow me to remind you that Mwalimu has written the reception afterwards as the start of his story.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KieferSkunk
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cirrel wrote:
Love comes before life, for without love, there is no life worth living.

Amen to that. Tell me, is that a quote from something?

Cirrel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KieferSkunk wrote:
Cirrel wrote:
Love comes before life, for without love, there is no life worth living.

Amen to that. Tell me, is that a quote from something?

Could be. In this instance, I simply wrote what came into my head, but we writers have all sorts of bits and pieces stashed away in our noggins that could have come from somewhere else. Comes from reading a lot. Smile

Cirrel

Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind if I use it as a quote, then? It's something I've been thinking about a lot lately.
Cirrel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for it! With my blessing. I may have written it, but the basic thought isn't really mine to give or withold.

Cirrel.

Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As with when he read Chapter6, the Tiger sits, tear stains from eyes down muzzle. He can only mutely nod in respect and admiration for an awesome telling from a new perspective.

Finally he manages speech, but can only say, "Cirrel . . . Wow!"

Tigermark (Who'll be a while getting this one into perspective.)

(The picture is wonderful also. I'm so glad this is a story who's ending is still waiting.)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Journye

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This story is beautifully written and very well done Cirrel. A true tear jerker to be sure, but well worth the tears once the meaning is gotten across. I agree with the saying that "Love comes before life, for without love, there is no life worth living." That is a very true statement. Tahnk you for that beautifully written story Cirrel.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took me a while to get to it and read it, finally did a few days ago.

Excellent piece of writ there, Cirrel. Well done.
Dont expect tears or emotions from this fur... maybe a rock would, but I'm as cold as they come. But it is rather stirring, I must say... yeah thats coming out of a fur with no emotions... alright, I'll admit I have a few, but... BACK TO YOUR CAGES ALL OF YOUS!!

The art was great too.

It just makes life more interesting for me to experience the sharing of these things, so thanx. Now excuse me, I have to scare some intellengence into my class.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
man on a mission

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is some thing that I HAVE TO SHARE! with you guys. It started back last week. I had up loaded "time enough for love" on to my PDA in prep for my english class. I didnt have any thing to do so I figured I would get a chance to finaly read it and the next chapter of tabitha.

I took my seat at my table when I got to class, and as every one else was reading there text book and doing back home work for class. I sat back with with my head against the table and started to read it slowly.
as I read it I had to pull the hood up on my sweat shirt to hide my face. Crying or Very sad

It was just so sad and made me think of all the people i havent told that I love. I continued to cry for the last part of class. I started to get looks from my teacher. She didnt know why I was crying. She pulled my aside as i was leaving class and she asked why I was crying and I told her that I had just read one of the best short memoirs that I had ever seen, I just wanted to say thank cirrel for writeing it. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Tabitha the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: