Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The wait is over Chapter 24 is in da house....I bad I bad...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: The wait is over Chapter 24 is in da house....I bad I bad... Reply with quote

Laughing

Ok i have to give praise where praise is due...Kath came up with a sequence in the story....can't tell you here cause i ruin it......but he knows what he helped me with..Smile

I want to thank him a lot, i kinda dropped the ball on this particular part and he helped me out biggy time .....so thanks Kath.....you rock....my butt is safe from the fryer.....LOL

Anyway comments welcome, i hope you like this one.....crosses fingers and toes.....Smile

Cheetaur

Avatar: Sheeri artwork by Chris Morrison (c) Chris Morrison
mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Chapter 24: (bout time huh...sorry) Reply with quote

Chapter 24: All Fixed…Hell No!!!

Zirkon looked at the alien in front of her, she hoped that she had gathered enough information to be able to pull this one back from wherever she was. She had wished to bring the alien Endora in to help but she felt that it would be too much of a strain on Swallow. The conditions of the mind were unknown to her and she was sure it would be indeed hostile towards another breech. Other things concerned her; she did not know the mind that lurked there plus things would be extremely fragile until she could reinstate the proper mind to full control once again.

She placed her paw on the young alien’s forehead and concentrated, to read a mind is easy, to enter one is not so.

In what seemed like moments to her, she was enveloped in Swallow’s mind and instantly she felt something all around her, a force pushing her out. It was a good sign she thought. The strange thing was the darkness, most minds were light and memories easily would surface in front of her but here there were none. She probed a bit into the blackness and was surprised at the backlash that hit her. She had awoken something and now she had to prepare herself to meet it.

It came slowly through the emptiness; she felt its probing but it got nowhere. She raised her mental shields although she didn’t expect a frontal attack but it was better to be sure. She was in an alien’s mind after all. It had been awhile since she had done this but her training ensured she never forgot, it’s just that she didn’t have many opportunities to use it anymore.

The force was strong when it arrived, “Who are you?” It said in a cold whisper all about her.

She wasn’t scared, she was a warrior of the mind and she had been in tougher minds than this. “I should ask you the same, I seek the true mind.”

“I am the true mind.” It whispered back.

The cold surrounded her, “No you are not, an imitation are you.” She felt a push but thought nothing of it.

“Go no further.”

“I will, you do not belong here.” She pushed back with more than equal force. She could sense the true mind but it was weak and far away; it would be a task getting there.

“Then by all means explore.” The blackness disappeared and before her appeared thousands of doors; a potential trap. To go wandering was a mistake that a novice would do, she could sense that the other had made many ‘true minds signals’, it seemed like thousands were singing out to her. She frowned, this was going to take awhile.

A dark cloud formed in front of her after she hadn’t moved at all into the mind. She would not waiver and she was in control although this thing believed not.

“You waste time,” the cloud said.

“No, I use my time wisely. This mind is far too fragile to be haphazardly poking around.”

“Feel free, the door is open.”

“I will when I feel like it,” she said taunting it.

“Go now.” The voice said in a rough tone.

She felt it shove violently but she did not budge. “I will move when I want to!!” She raised her tone one notch to see if this thing would stop its attacks. The doors that encompassed her vision became only nine.

“Choose or I will destroy you and the true mind.”

So far she hadn’t felt much threat from this thing but now she felt the pressure. She was sure her shields would hold but she needed to find the true mind; she had no idea of its condition and this others threat could be very real. A battle inside here could surely tear it asunder.

“Choose.” The voice challenged, in a coldness that she could feel closing in about her. She concentrated and soon the false impressions began to fade. “Choose!!!” The voice thundered.

Zirkon threw a psychic punch outward which silenced the voice as she regained her concentration. The doors she found were all false, she tried again to find the calling of the true mind; then a faint trace. She followed it, closer and closer.

The other knew as well and it increased its forces upon her trying to push her out. It was difficult bringing the door forth so she could enter the true mind’s refuge and keep this other mind back.

The other sensed that she was succeeding in doing what it thought was impossible, “You will fail, she will not come,” the other whispered.

“You underestimate me,” Zirkon reassured it.

“She is like nothing you can imagine, a mind lost forever in torment.”

“We shall see.”

Knowing that it was only time that was holding this intruder back, the darkness lowered its defenses, “Then do so.” The pressure stopped and the mind withdrew back into the void from which it came; leaving her in front of a door leading to the true mind. The other seemed very confident that she would fail. Did it know more than she knew? She took a step and entered into an alien world.

Outside:

Tolare walked in and checked Zirkon with her scanner. She seemed fine now but just a moment ago her readings were offset. Now things seemed to be under control, she wondered if she was getting anywhere.

Alien Landscape:

Everywhere Zirkon looked were fields of gold flora, the sun shone down upon her warming her whole body. This was an interesting place she thought, her paws stroked the thin golden stalks. “Pretty,” she thought.

Something felt very different here, very different indeed and before she went any further she wanted to know why. She sat down in this field of gold and embraced the ground, digging her paws into the soil. She felt something tugging on her, a feeling she had not experienced in years.

A long time ago, well it seemed that way to her, she tried to find someone to share herself with. Her life had gone from bad to worse and she needed desperately to find that someone she could share her mind and thoughts with. She needed a companion, many believed that in the universe there was someone for everyone; a soul mate if you had to put a term to it. Zirkon, in her madness, tried to find hers and ultimately failed; it lead her down a path that nearly destroyed her. She didn’t want to travel that path again.

Here, in this place, surrounded by this alien’s mind she knew. It was impossible but she sensed it. Her whole being felt free here, she had found a soul to share herself with. She had driven herself to depths of madness once and now her dream was realized; she had to meet this alien. There was however one big problem, it was completely possible that this ‘one’ would not have anything to do with her.

Something out of the corner of her eye moved, she turned her head quickly to see someone standing in the field with her. The being was too far away for her to make out any detail. She called out to it and it didn’t move but when she took a step towards it; it vanished. She was puzzled but decided to move on.

She walked for what seemed like forever through the golden plant life to where she finally saw a dwelling, it stood alone surrounded by these fields of gold. It took her longer to get there for every step seemed to take her a step back. The building was surrounded by a lovely porch with dozens of flowers hung from baskets all around. They were of such beautiful colours that she didn’t think they could exist in real life; for a moment she lost herself in their fragrance. She made her way up the front steps; to either side of her were swings and in one to the right was a figure. Her fur was jet black with a white stripe down her front and back; just like the other aliens.

As she stood beside the sleeping figure in the swing she heard noises. As she moved around the swing, she spied a gathering of the aliens she had met. These were her friends and family having an outing on a bright green expanse of short green flora. This was going to be a problem, she knew these were illusions but they were created from the true mind; constructs like these were very difficult to remove. She hoped it didn’t have to come to that; it upsets the balance within the mind and to do that could prove fatal.

She wandered back to the sleeping creature and gave it a gentle shove; hoping to awaken it.

Swallow’s eyes fluttered open to greet a new face; a dark face. It just stared at her as she rose and sat up, the figure backed up and rested itself on one of the wooden railings. A strange black figure with not a hint of clothing; to her big surprise this was a being with both male and female aspects to be exact with a second set of arms just below the first. She was sure she didn’t know the person.

“Ah…hello, I don’t believe I know you?”

She had aligned herself with this mind so the language barrier was no longer an issue, “No, you don’t. I’m a physician of sorts; I’m here to help you.”

Swallow yawned, “I don’t feel unwell, I think maybe you might have the wrong person.” She got up and stretched and looked out at the field of gold. “My name is Swallow, what’s yours?”

“I’m called Zirkon.”

“That’s a different name, so you think I’m not well Zirkon?”

“Well, that remains to be seen Swallow, do you know where you are; right now?”

“Oh that’s easy, I’m home.”

“Well, that’s not exactly true Swallow, you’re in a part of your own mind and have been here for quite sometime.” She thought she better try the truth and see if she could resolve this without too much of a strain on Swallow.

She looked at Zirkon strangely, “What?” She laughed, “Zirkon, I think you have that wrong, I’m home with all my family.” Swallow took off down the steps and ran towards her awaiting family leaving Zirkon alone. Zirkon cursed herself that she was too slow in attempting to stop her.

She sat on the swing and began to think, she’s been here too long. It was going to be extremely difficult to change her mind but she thought she knew of a way. It was going to take some doing though. She entered into the house, it was full of nice things but the main house wasn’t what she was looking for. Something wasn’t right with Swallow, she didn’t feel right.

It came to her and she began to seek out something, her feelings drew her upstairs. As she got to the top to her right were several rooms but to her left was only one; this was it. It took a mental shove to enter into it. Here she found Swallow’s core consciousness. As she entered she found Swallow lying on her bed reading.

Swallow put the book down as Zirkon entered into the room, “Oh hi!” Swallow said, “Are you one of Mom’s friends?”

It seems that the previous version of Swallow had to have been an aspect of her and really not the proper one; this one was the true mind of Swallow.

“No, I’m a physician come to help you.”

“I’m not sick, I feel fine.”

“Swallow you are unwell in a different way and everyone is very worried about you.”

Swallow got up from the bed and the room that was bright a few moments ago now turned a dark grey. The windows and furniture disappeared; even the door that Zirkon had entered into the room with was now gone.

“No one worries about me, I’m a monster…everyone hates me.”

The true consciousness of a being is a very tricky thing to deal with, you are in its world and subtle thoughts can instantly change the environment you are in. As with the room just a moment ago, her feelings changed from happy to somber and the environment reflected that. “You’re not a monster Swallow, you’re a lovely young girl who is missed by her family and friends,” Zirkon reassured her.

“No, I’m not, no one cares…I’m hideous...” A large mirror appeared within the room and the reflection that stared back from it was indeed hideous; it was a true reflection on how Swallow saw herself, her core being saw herself as a monster, not realizing the truth. Years of being told untruths had buried her true self’s reflection. What was worse though, the years of convincing herself that the distorted self image was her true self, damage done internally that no one outside could hope to inflict.

This was something that Zirkon knew she could fix without too much difficulty. This was one of the most basic of her training and talent. She walked up next to Swallow and put out her arm to the mirror, her paw penetrated it and the hideous image of Swallow distorted into oblivion. As she withdrew her paw, the ripples in the mirror began to settle.

“Swallow, listen to me, feel that I speak the truth to you.” Swallow felt something coming from Zirkon, a feeling of trust. “The image you saw before was a false one. Implanted by others over your life span and created by you. Eventually you came to believe it; now behold the truth.”

The mirror became a smooth surface again and there before Swallow stood a very slim but attractive black and white skunk. She gasped, “Is that me?” Swallow said reaching out reluctantly to the mirror.

“Yes that is you. You were never a monster Swallow your mind betrayed you. That has been corrected. This is how you truly look to others.” Swallow smiled and the reflection winked back; Swallow gasped.

“You see Swallow, you agree with yourself.”

She ran her paws down her body just to prove that the reflection didn’t lie, “That’s me!”

“Yes Swallow, that’s you.” She smiled as she watched Swallow prance about, the room became light again. “Now might be a good time to begin the journey home.”

The room became dark ever so fast, too fast for Zirkons liking. “We cannot go out there, the evil lurks there.”

She knew what Swallow was referring to. “I know, I had to talk with it to come here.”

“It’s evil, it will harm me if I leave…but I am safe here.” The room became a neutral colour.

To ensure her survival Zirkon was going to have to deceive Swallow, in deception she hoped that it would free her. It was something she didn’t want to do but she feared that this would be the only way to unlock the true mind -Swallow- from this prison she had fashioned.

“You cannot stay here, the evil is on the move and it intends to come here.”

“But it can’t” Swallow said terrified, the room grew smaller and darkened around them.

“It can and will…,” Zirkon emphasized but in doing so terrorized Swallow even more. She quickly began to put in play the plan to defeat the other mind. “I can help you destroy this evil and make everywhere safe. You have to put your trust in me.” Zirkon knew at this point Swallow wasn’t strong enough to do this alone, the creature knew this but it didn’t count on the power Zirkon had.

“You can?”

Zirkon put out her paw in a trusting gesture, “Yes…come take my paw, it’s time to prepare you.” Swallow gingerly took her paw.

Zirkon found it easy to put the proper shields in place around Swallow, she would reinforce them as the other attacked. Once Swallow understood that this was her place, her strength would increase exponentially, the other would have no choice but to retreat. Once diminished, she would have the power to control and remove it. In one thing she found that Swallow was open minded and to put part of herself in Swallow was tempting but that would have to come later; only if she desired it.

Zirkon finished putting the shields in place. Now Swallow needed an object to give her focus. A staff appeared between them, it wasn’t fancy but it would do.

“Take the staff and concentrate your will through it, the evil will try to put you back here. Remember what I have said; you are no longer safe here. With me at your side, we will be triumphant against it. If you retreat back here I may not be able to travel here again to see you.”

That was the truth. If she did retreat back into that realm then all would be lost, the doors would close to her forever.

“It is time.” Zirkon waved her paw and a door appeared. She looked Swallow in the eye, she was now as tall as she. In the strengthening of her psyche she now stood tall, ready to face her fears.

Swallow looked at the dark being, “Zirkon, I’m scared.”

“I know you are but you are in control, remember that. It is your body.”

“Ok.” She nodded not sure if that was totally the case.

“I cannot open this door Swallow, you are the only one who can, I can only show you the way.” She could, of course, but couldn’t make Swallow leave along with her. She had to leave on her own free will.

Swallow looked at the knob then put her white furred paw around it and twisted.

Outside:

Tolare saw the instrument readings spike. This was it; she was sure. She quickly got her communicator out and contacted one of her assistants, she needed the alien known as Endora right then. Endora and her husband were quick to arrive a few moments later.

“It is time; the brain activity is at its highest now. I would suggest you hold her paw, Zirkon will feel your thoughts for her. Fill your being with love and strength for Swallow, they will feel it and draw upon it. No matter what your true feelings about the matter, this clone needs to know she is your daughter right now; the connection is vital.

Endora and Warren nodded and took Swallow’s paw, they together prayed for her.

Ground Zero:

As they stepped out, the world changed before them. They were now on a large, single pillar of stone surrounded completely by jagged rocks far below. The sky was filled with dark menacing clouds and lightning illuminated them in spontaneous bursts.

“Go back or you shall perish!!!!!!” A voice thundered from all around them.

Zirkon was even a bit intimidated by this display but she knew she couldn’t be harmed. It was Swallow that took a step back, Zirkon felt her deep fear.

“Swallow, you are in control.” She shouted.

“It’s going to kill me.”

“No, I will protect you, we can win.” The voice laughed at the ridiculous notion that they could win. Zirkon then felt the presence and energy of two souls, ones who could help Swallow more than she really could. Her being a stranger in all this, it was hard for Swallow to completely put all her trust in her. She had a sudden inspiration then; it would be an extreme strain on her but she had to do it.

Outside, suddenly Warren and Endora became completely still, it was almost as if someone turned them off. Tolare knew this wasn’t a good sign, Zirkon had called them for help and if she needed them it was indeed dire.

Warren and Endora appeared on the pillar with Zirkon and Swallow, above them a storm like they had never seen raged.

“Zirkon? Where are we?” She looked as if she was in pain.

“In a battle for control.” She said with great concern.

Swallow heard Endora’s voice and turned her head. “Mommy!!!!” Swallow cried and ran to her side.

“Endora, Warren you have to convince Swallow that this is her domain and that she rules here. If not, all will be lost! The entity here is very strong but Swallow is the true mind and once she becomes the dominant force then she will have control.”

Endora looked at Swallow, it was her and she was happy. “Oh I have missed you so.” She hugged her tight.

“Me too, Mommy!”

“It’s good to see you.” Warren said as he mussed up her fur.

“Oh Dad.”

The storm bellowed about them trying to push them off into the abyss below, “Swallow, you have to push this storm away, it doesn’t belong here.” Endora said.

“I don’t think I can Mommy, it’s too strong.”

“You have to try hun, it means a lot to you and us.”

“I will try.” She turned and put the staff in the air but the voice just laughed at her; she quickly put the staff down again.

Zirkon knew something that Swallow didn’t know but Swallow’s mind would never have accepted it; even if she was told. The entity that was now in control of her mind could only show fear and not strike directly at Swallow; it didn’t have that kind of power. She knew that she had to reach in and grab a part of Swallow that would make her fight the other mind. In a moment she had it, she didn’t want to do it but… Zirkon turned and from the clouds summoned a lightning bolt and struck Warren and Endora.

The other mind screamed “Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!” Knowing full well what this intruder had done.

Swallow screamed as she watched her adoptive parents collapse upon the hard cold rock. She was quick to their side as she gently shook them, “Mom…Dad.” Tears filled her eyes as they didn’t respond to Swallow’s cry. The wind blew across her fur, chilling her to her bones.

Zirkon felt it and so did the entity and she felt it was time to provide the last piece to the puzzle. She knew the identity of this evil intruder from her time with Swallow’s family and creator but Swallow apparently did not. In Swallow’s mind, Zirkon saw an untapped build-up of energy that could be used against this mind; if only she knew the truth!

Zirkon bent over and whispered in Swallow’s grieving ear, “Mother...” Swallow’s emotions turned from sorrow to one of rage, a hatred for the entity called Mother and in that was power. She could finally taste the truth like a bitter wine and the realization that the malignant thing that controlled her was none other than the vile monster that had created her. Swallow began to glow and grow in size.

She stood up slowly, her tears blown backwards into her fur by the torrents of wind, “YOU HAVE HURT MY FAMILY FOR THE LAST TIME AND NOW YOU’LL PAY!!!!!!!!” Swallow screamed, “I BELONG HERE NOT YOU!!!!!!!!”

She held the staff up and it emitted a bolt of lightning so blinding that Zirkon had to shield her eyes. She had awoken the warrior spirit within Swallow and now it was time to watch and help if she really needed it.

The other mind screamed in pain and agony.

mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Part numero 2......YEE HAAAAAA Reply with quote

Outside:

Tolare couldn’t believe what she was seeing, the micro machines had begun to move in Swallows brain and were rearranging parts of her brain tissue. As Tolare refined her scans she could see that the parts that the machines were attacking were subtly different from Swallow’s own tissue but now it seems they knew the difference.

As the entity screamed in agony Swallow shouted, “You hurt my Mommy!!!!” More blinding lightning, with each blow Zirkon felt Swallows confidence growing. The storm was abating quickly and the darkness was fading making things light once again.

Swallow was now a giant floating in mid air attacking the cloud with every chance she could. The wind attacked her trying to break her will again. Zirkon added more reinforcement as she shouted, “Yes Swallow it hurt your mother, send it back to where it came from!!!!” She wasn’t even sure if Swallow could hear her now, she was so small in comparison to her massive size.

“I AM IN CONTROL!!!!!!” Giant Swallow shouted at the diminishing cloud of darkness.

Zirkon could feel the changes in the mind, Swallow was close to taking control and she smiled. It had been a long time since she felt this good, happy that she could help this one. One she might share a common bond with but that would have to wait until later.

In a last ditch effort the storm blew almost hurricane winds over them, “I am forever! I cannot be destroyed!!!” The cloud screamed streaks of energy flowed all around Swallow in attempt to scare her.

“WHATEVER YOU ARE IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO LEAVE !!!!!!!!!!” There was another blinding flash again brighter than a sun and the cloud screamed as it disintegrated.

“I CANNOT DIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Then it was quiet and bright once again, Zirkon, Endora and Warren were now in the golden fields once again. Swallow towered above them still a giant, she knew she had won and felt relief. She now turned her attention to her parents. She knelt down as her emotions took another turn, giant tears began to hit the ground.

“Zirkon, are Mom and Dad ok?” She put her giant finger out and gently stroked her mother’s body.

“They will be fine but I have to take them back with me.”

The giants face turned to one of great concern, “You are going to leave?” Tears still flowed down her giant face.

“Just for a few moments, you must tell yourself to wake up when I go. Then and only then will you see me and your parents again.”

Swallow wiped her tears with the back of her paw and sniffed, “Ok, if you say so.”

Again Swallow’s gentleness and lack of self-confidence surfaced. “Swallow, didn’t I tell you we would win?”

Swallow grinned, “Yeah, you said we would.”

“You are very brave and strong. You see, you can do anything you put your mind to.”

“Thanks Zirkon.”

“Ok, I must go, remember to will yourself awake; it won’t be easy but remember you can do it.”

“Yes Zirkon I can do it.”

“Good, I’ll see you in a few moments.”

Swallow watched as the figures of her Mother, Father and Zirkon vanished. She turned her head to the sky above and began to will herself awake.

Zirkon moaned as she came back to life, Endora and Warren did the same each trying to steady each other.

“What happened?” They exclaimed.

Zirkon steadied herself, “I’m sorry I had to do that Alien Endora, Alien Warren. Swallow would not fight for herself but I knew she would fight for you.”

“It was you who threw the lightning at us?” Warren said in surprise and question.

Zirkon took a deep breath, she was exhausted, “Yes, the other mind could only threaten, its only true power over Swallow was fear. It had complete control over Swallow knowing her fears and playing upon them. It could never outright attack her and I knew that but Swallow didn’t. I needed something that Swallow would fight for and to stir her emotions; they are powerful weapons if directed carefully. In her case rage; it worked very well and now Swallow is back in control, we only have to wait for her to awaken.”

In a few moments Swallows eyes flickered to life, she took a deep breath as she took in the scene before her. “Mommy?”

Endora threw her arms around Swallow, “Oh baby!!!” She snuggled her into her bosom, her dream had been realized, her daughter was home.

Swallow didn’t understand why she was so stiff and uncomfortable, her only reply to her mothers hug was, “OW!”

Short time later after Zirkon was moved out of the room and onto a gurney, as Tolare took readings.

“You did well back there,” she said with concern.

Zirkon smiled, “Yes, I’m glad the alien Swallow is ok, it was harder than I expected. The other mind had more control than I thought it did.”

“I suspected as much, when Alien Endora and her mate disappeared.”

“You, the skeptic. As I remember, you weren’t fond of my tricks.”

“It’s hard to believe when you cannot explain it scientifically.”

Zirkon winked, “I’ll win you over some day.”

“I think you all ready have.”

Tolare would see to Zirkon first then come back and give Swallow a complete scan, for now all the family were coming to see Swallow; it was a reunion like no other.

Later:

As it turned out, Swallow was now completely free of the other mind, Tolare explained to everyone. The growth of metallic tentacles infused in her brain showed no sign of causing her any harm. The access ports on her back and on her new arm would not be noticeable when her fur started to grow in again. Her lack of fur was another problem for the time being. Swallow was still growing which was why the sequence for her fur had not triggered; it would soon, she assured her and the others.

Swallow now stood taller than her counterparts, still very thin though. She was a bit disoriented, she didn’t remember anything after she had her confrontation with Mother in the basement. She was just happy to be alive and wanted to see everything, it was a time to celebrate. Her regeneration would take time and Shearah and Tolare assured Endora and Warren she would be fully recovered before they left. Although they couldn’t guarantee that Swallows fur would start to come in; that had to happen naturally.

Shearah did the operation on Hector’s father. It was more complex than they had expected but it went fine. With the help of some micro machines, they removed the remainder of the tumor. The machines would stay in place, dormant until any recurrence appeared. Hectors father now had the rest of his life to live, he had gotten his second chance and he was going to make the most of it. He told Hector that he would be the father he should have been plus help him with his new home.

Things were also going well with the unfortunate nurse. Her appendages were growing in quite nicely. Endora spoke with her, trying to explain what was going on. At first she was frightened but as time went by she found that she was being helped in a way that no doctor on their planet could ever do. For that she was grateful but it left her in an awful mess. There was no way she could explain her disappearance and sudden regeneration of her limbs.

Swallow/Mother was wanted for questioning for that incident at the home. Plus a list of possible crimes that no amount of explaining could hope to eliminate. It was Mother/Allison who suggested a solution to the problem.

Sometime later, the media reported a bizarre story involving a criminal mastermind kidnapping two females from a long term care ward of a convalescent home and the extreme lengths that were taken to cover up the crime. Federal investigators congratulated Detective Peter Byrne for breaking the case. It seemed a nurse named Debbie Silverson and an unidentified juvenile were rescued from an elaborate prison deep underground. Due to the requests of the family of the juvenile, details of the case are being kept confidential but it seems the identity of Mrs. Silverson had been switched with a brain dead accident victim who had disappeared due to tampered paperwork from a hospital in Ohio and left at the crime scene to throw off investigators. The suspect in the case was killed in a shootout with Detective Byrne and both victims were recovered unharmed and in good health. Another remarkable piece of good news was the juvenile, who had been in a coma when she had been kidnapped, had awakened while a prisoner and is doing well and recovering from her ordeal at home.

To further the illusion, Detective Byrne and his colleges waited months before they released any of this new information about the high profile case.

A decision was made about Mother/Alison as well; she would be released from custody and returned to earth for a short time. Mother/Alison explained that she had many things down on Earth to see to if she were to leave. A compromise was made and a specific time frame was agreed to for her stay on her home planet, under Lyja’s constant and invisible guard. Afterward, she had to return to Tarra for the remainder of her life. The knowledge she possessed could not be passed on to others, technology had to evolve at its own rate on this world. This was to be Mother’s penance although Allison had a different view about it and convinced Mother it was for the best. In some ways it seemed like punishment but they would learn about Zargozian technology the right way and who knew, maybe someday they would be the savoir of the Zargozian race. That, of course, would be another story.

Heather and Hector; well they had a big decision to make:

The holographic image was placed beside Heather for comparison. It was slightly taller and definitely more muscular than Heather was. Standing again was somewhat strange, for she was surrounded by a mobile framework. She was still recovering from her operation where a portion of her brain that had motor control had been removed. An organic computer was grafted into her brain to take care of the complex instructions to allow Heather to walk and move properly. The aliens didn’t want to risk her falling, not until the new part of her brain got adjusted properly so they could remove the framework.

Heather stared at it, “I like the form Hector…but…”

Hector smiled, “Heather don’t hold back, now is the time to speak up, it’s not like we can come back here for a tune up.”

“I was wondering, if you’d like me if I was like you.”

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“Well…I like the strong form, Ti’s form has me a bit jealous of her. I’ve always been small, and if I didn’t have this big tail of mine I’d surely fall over.”

“You mean you’d like to be her size? I’m her size now Heather I’m not sure how my muscular structure would look on this new form.”

“Well I’d like to see…Tolare and Shearah have assured me that some modification can be made to my body. Now I cannot become a biped again but they said I could alter this taur form of mine somewhat.”

“Hmmm you as a muscular ‘taur’, I think I could grow to like it. It wouldn’t be too much of a change for me. For you well...hmmmm...you’d really like some muscles?” He rubbed his muzzle against her face and she returned the affection by scratching his forehead.

“Hector… I’m not saying that it’s written in stone. I’d just like to see how we’d look together. We have a chance to do what no other being has had a chance to; remake ourselves.

“Ok, is Tolare about?”

“I didn’t see her or him…ah...do you know what they are?”

“I dunno, I’m guessing she’s a she but I’m not sure and I’m not about to ask.”

“I had the same thought.”

Hector sighed, “You know, my heart broke into a million pieces back at the wedding, I didn’t know how I was going to go on without you.”

“Awww Hec, that is so sweet but I know you would have gone on.”

“I didn’t think I could.”

“I know you,” she took his paw in hers, “I know you would have gone on…for me; it just might have taken you some time to come to that conclusion.”

“Yeah, I guess.” He grinned, “You do know we are officially married.”

Her eyes opened wide, “That’s right we are.”

“Yes, Mrs. Sandrom.”

“I like the sound of that.” They pressed muzzles together and proceeded to kiss each other, it wasn’t the best but they managed . Their little love session didn’t last long however because Tolare came in and interrupted them.

“So how were the models?”

“Well Tolare…they are really nice but…we’d like to change them…if possible.”

Tolare had been watching the aliens for sometime now and basically knew their emotional state quite well.
“No need to be concerned you two, the models are easily modified; that’s why we had them constructed. It’s easier to manipulate them than you.” She smiled, “Now do you wish to remain the same sex; or do you wish to make it variable like us?”

Their eyes went wide, “VARIABLE!!?!!!?” They said in unison.

Elsewhere:

Richard breathed a sigh of relief knowing that his wife was going to be all right. The bed now only housed her right arm within a protective cocoon. The rest of her body rested on top of it. The operation had been a total success as her new heart pumped away peacefully within her giant chest.

“So I guess the big question Luv is are we going to do it all over again?”

“I’m not going to push our luck Rich dear, I think a party at a hall should do the trick. Besides I think we can stay here as long as we want and call this our honeymoon. My arm should be done in a few days they said, the fur might take a few more but after that I’m safe to leave here. They said we can go down to their homeworld if we want. There are several islands they said we can visit without intrusion.”

“Yeah, I think I’d like that. How many couples can say they went to another planet for there honeymoon.”

“Not too many, that I’m sure of.” Ti heard the door open and in walked Sabrina or SJ. It didn’t really matter a whole lot, it was nice to see one of them.

“Hi Sabrina.” Richard said as she came and stood at the foot of the bed. Whether it was SJ or Sabrina he was pretty much safe at saying Sabrina.

“I think you better guess again Richard.”

Ti stared at the figure and just by that tone she took a fantastic guess, “EZZY!!!!!!!!!”

She nodded, “Yup it’s me.”

Richard stood up and took a good look, “By thunder, it’s so life like.”

“You think?” Ezz wiggled her tail.

Ti just stared, “Ezz, I swear I thought it was Sabrina walking in.”

Ti had explained to Richard what Ezzy was thinking of doing. “Esmeralda, it’s fantastic,” then he noticed something odd, “You’re breathing.”

“Of course I’m breathing Richard.”

“No… I mean... it’s breathing.”

“Oh…sorry, yeah it mimics all natural behavior, such as breathing and blinking. Even will sneeze, they say.”

Ti was stunned, “Wow Ezzy, it’s more than I ever thought was possible.”

“Yeah, I told Tolare that the plain robot idea wouldn’t do, I had to wake up looking at my own face to make this work and she agreed. So they gave it my matrix and well.” She turned round for them to see.

“Oh Ezzy its fantastic… come closer let me look.” Ti felt the fur. “It feels real.”

“That’s because it is.”

“It is?”

“Yup same stuff you got, it is easy for this thing to grow it. One of its amazing attributes; there is a list a mile long on what this body can do.”

“I can imagine, uh…are you inside it?” They had discussed this before.

“No, but I will be before we leave, this is on remote…Tolare is outside supervising.”

“Ah…so you have made up your mind.”

“Yeah Ti I can do so much more with this body but you want to know something really neat?”

“Ok…”

“Tolare is constructing a smaller remote version of this body, my size so I can use the house at home if I feel like I need it. I do have a lot of my stuff back there on my comp and handwritten for my next book.”

“Oh no there will be three of you…no, no, no…Rich help me!!!! I don’t think I can stand that.”

Ezz just rolled her eyes, “Ti!!”

Rich and Ti just laughed, seems things were going to be all right after all.

Deep within the space station:

With everyone on the mend it was time to look at the thing that had caused all this trouble in the first place.

Mother and Tolare walked together travelling toward the hanger bay that housed the pod. They didn’t bother removing it from its casing. They just did the extensive scans on it from outside; most were sent to Lyja for her to study. She had found a way to cut the signal from the pod to the other creature; two micro units were installed into Mother and Alison. It solved the problem much to their relief.

As they walked, Mother wasn’t sure what to make of this doctor. “How come you’re younger than most here? I mean it’s obvious to everyone, you don’t age backward or something silly like that?”

Tolare smiled down at the small alien although she wasn’t too far off her own height; she looked forward to gaining a few inches. “No, nothing like that, I was rejuvenated to assist Afain in her task: so was my mate Shearah.”

“Well that explains things. So what was it you wanted to talk to… us about?”

“Lyja has made a startling discovery about you two, it seems you’re not the same after all.”

“What!!!” Alison inside listening was surprised. So much so that they stopped walking.

“But we thought…”

“Lyja has found subtle discrepancies in your matrixes, what’s left of them anyway. It seems that you, Mother, were once the treatment diagnostic program; while Alison was the diagnostic and repair program for the pod itself; a very interesting find.”

“You’re telling us!” Alison moved about excited by this news, a bit too much for Mother’s liking. “It seems to explain a lot as to why she was secretly fixing my personality traits.”

“That would make sense.”

They continued walking towards the cargo bay, examining the consequences of this new revelation.

They had placed the unit in isolation to insure no contamination to any other cargo. A guard stood in front of the door. Upon seeing them she allowed them to pass.

As Mother walked around the pod, it brought back the memory of that horrible smell, “So you brought it back with you?”

“Yes, it’s our property, old as it is.”

“Interesting…do you know what caused it to malfunction?”

“Actually yes, the original scientist who removed it from his craft programmed this life pod incorrectly,” she said as she ran the scanner over the pod.

“So what happens next?” Mother looked through the transparent casing and into the pod. The giant still lay dormant inside. “I mean what happens to it? You got me and Alison cut off but what about these others; I’m still in there,” she exclaimed, “or a corrupted version of myself.”

“That’s why we haven’t released them from the containers, we are not exactly sure what to do with them.”

“Oh good.”

“I was hoping you might have a solution to the problem.”

Mother was puzzled by the size of one of the organic pods, it was much larger than the rest, “Sorry Tolare, I never had a chance to return and study it in detail. Do you know why this pod here is larger than all the rest?” She stood beside it indicating the one she was talking about.

“That one we have determined has a male creature like the one in the pod.”

“How the heck?”

“We are not sure about that one; in fact this project will probably get put away into storage for quite a long time.”

Mother rolled her eyes and mumbled, “The lost ark syndrome.”

“What? I didn’t hear you.”

“Never mind.”

End of Chapter 24

Pah Dah…..One more to go....Smile

Variable… Y’know Eric is gonna be scratching his head over this one.

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A most satisfying reading repast. The battle inside Swallow was nicely done and the male in the pod leaves the chance for some fun twists in the final chapter.

I do wonder, though, if Swallow will be going back with them. Now that she's whole, she'll be a valuable member of any society and if she goes home with them, there's gonna be a ton of things to settle and resolve.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took that paragraph with the detective to mean that Swallow went back and they somehow pulled strings to have everything squared away (like her being wanted for hurting that nurse).

The title of the chapter makes one wonder, especially the second part...
Because things were going well finally (or at least they seemed to)...

mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Hey folks.... Reply with quote

Looks like the comments are coming in Yahoo...after fretting so much it seems that 24 was indeed as Cateagle said,
Quote:
A most satisfying reading repast.

YAY so happy am I......Smile

Ah yes the deal with Swallow, Nameless is right about that particular paragraph.....Smile

It indeed tells the fate of Swallow.

So what do i have in store for the last chapter of S3......????

Heheeh

Well lets say its starts out a bit differently than everyone will think .....Smile

More comments welcome...Smile

Cheetaur

Kathmandu
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, that one was... interesting. There was a plot hole there in the original that would make a 700 lbs gopher jealous. Smile

Chapter 25 has a visit from an old freind that should prove to be a surprise. Shocked

Y'know, I can just see Heather and Hector's kids one day being asked 'who's your daddy?' and their only answer is a very confused look.

"Domo awarigoto Ezzy roboto.." Smile

Kathmandu,

Editor with a bite

Sculptor, artist and writer.

Be sure to read my stories
http://www.cableone.net/kathmandu/
Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: More fluffy goodness!! Reply with quote

Geez Louise- I turn my back for one minute, and Cheets comes out with yet another great chapter!

Although I'm never one to blow smoke up ones'....er.... backside, this time I'm really serious. This one is pretty much summed up as being chocked full of brightness and enough sweetness and good stuff to send you to the dentist.

Finally, Swallow gets to return to the land of the living- and what a fine time that has been- it's been too long since we've seen her around, and I'm glad she's back. Ti is back on her feet-- mostly-- and will be able to get her life back on track, as will Heather- though she's still got some recovering to do.

All in all, just about everyone is on the mend, both in body and soul, and I don't think anyone could have pulled it together like Cheetaur did (with his editors' help, I'm sure; I didn't see that 700lb gopher anywhere!).

My praises to the Cheetaur!

-Shirh Khan

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Hi folks Reply with quote

Quote:
Finally, Swallow gets to return to the land of the living- and what a fine time that has been- it's been too long since we've seen her around, and I'm glad she's back.

Yeah...meez too......she missed a lot of things......

Quote:
Ti is back on her feet-- mostly-- and will be able to get her life back on track,

Yup....but they really haven't had that honeymoon......i wonder how much time Ti will be on her back......hmmmm or maybe it will be the other way around....hmmm thinking about it ....ah maybe not......Laughing

Quote:
as will Heather- though she's still got some recovering to do.

Oh yes Heather and Hector .....they have some big decisions to make....hehehehe.

Thanks SK for the praise.....gonna miss my troop......... Crying or Very sad

Been a fun ride, well at least there is one more chapter still to be heard.

Cheers.....

Xaqtly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome chapter Cheets. The battle in Swallow's mind was excellently done. Nice twist with Swallow being who Zirkon was looking for all this time.

Well like everybody else already said... good to see everybody on the mend. Ezzy's made her decision, Ti is almost better, even Hector's dad is cured. It's like I've always said: if you want something done right, have a vastly technologically superior alien race do it for you.

Bearion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally cruised by PF and, as usual, everyone else said everything better then I could have myself.

Great chapter, Cheets!

Xaqtly wrote:
...It's like I've always said: if you want something done right, have a vastly technologically superior alien race do it for you.

LOL!!!! Well said Xaqtly!

Frazikar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Hmmmm... Reply with quote

Xaqtly wrote:
Quote:
...It's like I've always said: if you want something done right, have a vastly technologically superior alien race do it for you.

Oh Kay, but do you happen to have one of those in your back pocket (hopefully a very friendly one otherwise they may object to being stuffed in your back pocket!)...
mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Seems 24 is hit..:) Reply with quote

Thanks folks...glad everyone enjoyed it......

I think, i'll post 25 tonight.Smile

Cheetaur

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> cheetaur All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: