Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter 23 Now in your paws....read and enjoy.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Chapter 23 Now in your paws....read and enjoy. Reply with quote

Nuff said.

Cheets

Avatar: Sheeri artwork by Chris Morrison (c) Chris Morrison
mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Chapter 23: Quick Change Artist Reply with quote

Chapter 23: Quick Change Artist.

The blue viscous fluid bubbled furiously after Shearah plunged some unfathomable device beneath its previously calm, smooth surface. The tank was huge and Heather looked tiny as she floated in the middle of it, eerily suspended within. She was hooked up to what had to be a hundred sensors spread over her body. What was more disconcerting than the sensors was the fact Heather was breathing the toilet bowl colored goop. He shivered as he watched her chest rise and fall, imagining the feeling of breathing the fluid. To distract himself he looked around the room. Devices of all sorts surrounded the tank and Hector had no idea of their purpose; all he hoped now was that somehow a miracle would happen today.

Hector watched as Shearah quickly moved from one end of the platform surrounding the tank to the other, mumbling incoherently.

“Shearah…?” Hector called out. It seemed that she or he (he really didn’t know the sex of these creatures and, well, he didn’t feel it was his right to ask) wasn’t listening as his calls went unanswered.

He watched as Shearah climbed down from the platform surrounding the tank and moved quickly past him, again totally ignoring him; finally Hector had enough and stepped into her path bringing her to an abrupt halt. He looked down at the small alien and spoke, “Shearah, how is Heather doing?”

She rolled her eyes as she looked up at him, “Do you know how barbaric your medical physicians are?? Drilling holes and inserting metallic objects into the legs of patients!!! I’m going to be sick…I really need to go and have a talk with them; you know I might just…” Hector took his paw and gently squeezed Shearah’s muzzle shut and gaining her full and undivided attention.

“Shearah please answer my question, how is Heather doing?” He gently released the alien, so she could speak again.

She was quiet for a second then answered. “Fine, fine, now let me get back to work.”

Hector shook his head, “Shearah, you told us that this was a serious operation; if things didn’t go right Heather could die!”

Shearah stared up at the giant, “Well, it seems that the old colony wasn’t really a threat to my new batch. She is in the suspension tank to allow the new machines to reach every capillary unimpeded. Everything is going remarkably well and as planned.” She tried to move aside but Hectors huge paw stopped her.

“Wait a minute…you’re saying that your new machines are in place?”

She really didn’t have time for this, “Yes, they have been for hours, I’m just calibrating them now…”

Hector didn’t let her utter another word, “So she is out of danger…?” Hector questioned wide eyed.

Shearah was getting tired of this quickly, “Yes, yes…for the moment she is fine, now I have to get these things calibrated before we can start to do anything.” Hector was so overjoyed that he picked Shearah up and started swinging her around as if she were a little kid. That was when she started to scream at the top of her lungs. He had done it without thinking, more of an impulse.

He put her down immediately, “Shearah, I’m terribly sorry, I apologize, I’m really sorry.” He was so embarrassed, he didn’t mean any harm. “Shearah...I... don’t know what to...”

Shearah felt dizzy and stood quietly waiting for the room to stop spinning. Finally she composed herself and pointed a finger at him. “Please don’t do that again.”

“No, of course, I won’t, I was so excited over the news.”

“Then I will stand my distance from you the next time I have news.”

“Might be a wise idea,” he said, thoroughly chagrined.

“Now if you’ll excuse me, I still have to calibrate the machines then I have to go over the operation procedures.”

“Yes, yes, do so.”

“Thank you.” She said absentmindedly and off she went again, ignoring his presence.

Hector was stunned, it seems he now had to go find Sid and Nancy and give them the good news. Hector caught up with them in their quarters and they couldn’t wait to rush off to see Shearah. He was sure she would be glad to see both of them; he grinned.

As he walked, he thought about returning to Heather but then decided against that plan since watching her float unconscious and breathing what looked like blue toilet bowl water unnerved him more than he would ever admit. Maybe he would go and watch the view from orbit instead; it was spectacular indeed. Never did he think that he’d get to go into space. His plans were interrupted when Tolare found him and now seemed like a good time to talk.

They both headed for what served as their cafeteria. The two of them were an odd looking couple to say the least, a little blue alien and a giant equine. They caused some stares, that was for sure.
As they sat with their refreshments, Tolare started the conversation, “I have wanted to talk to you ever since your arrival here on the station; you and your mate are extremely different from each other.”

Hector wasn’t sure what he actually had on his plate but it looked like a sandwich and as he bit into it; it tasted much like one too. He loved one particular drink they had as well, it was like a fruit punch; something that Tolare said was very common on their planet. “Yeah, we’re totally different species; plus Heather is one of a kind.”

This surprised her, there were thousands of different life forms on Tarra, “You mean there are no more like Heather on your planet?”

Oops he thought, she misunderstood, “Sorry I meant there are creatures that are like Heather in type but not her species; she is the only one.”

“Hmm, that is strange, then again she has been modified quite a bit.” Tolare put her muzzle down to her bowl and began to lap at a thick, orange liquid. Hector would have picked that too but he really wasn’t sure about it, to him it smelled off.

Hector didn’t want to seem rude but it seemed Tolare wanted to talk about Heather and he wanted to ask a different question. “Sorry but I’d like to change the subject for a moment Tolare, have you had a chance to see my father?”

She smiled, “I understand Alien Hector.”

“Just call me Hector, Tolare.”

Tolare finished what looked like soup then answered, “Alien Hector, I have had some other physicians looking at the two we brought with us. Let me look in my book to see how things are going.”

He smiled as he realized there were some interesting glitches with the translators. To Hector, what Tolare was looking at was nothing like a book but more like a slim keypad of sorts. The translator cut out as she spoke at the pad. He listened, finding their language was rather unique. She seemed to be having an interesting conversation then finally she finished.

“I have some news although not much, I’m afraid.”

“Some news is good.”

“The alien that arrived with us with her appendages missing is responding well to treatment. Your father is being scanned today, so a treatment for his ailments hasn’t been determined yet. I’m sorry that I cannot give you anymore information than that.”

“That’s ok Tolare, anything you can do for him will be better than what we could do. His prognosis wasn’t very good, in fact he didn’t really have much longer to live.”

“Well, Alien Hector, we will do our best for him.”

“I just hope it isn’t too late.” He sighed, “Now, what you were saying about me and Heather?”

Tolare thought back for a moment, “Oh yes…you two don’t seem to be physically compatible, you are far larger than she. Won’t this be difficult for you and her in your relationship?”

“Yes…its true that we really don’t fit as a couple but I have resigned myself to that and so has she, I’m sure, as you said, it will be difficult at times but we’ll get through.” He smiled, he liked these Aliens; they were strange but friendly and very helpful. Without them Heather would be paralyzed for life, not a future he had envisioned for her or for anyone.

She had an idea, “Hmmm, would you wish to correct that situation?”

Hector looked puzzled, “What do you mean?”

She smiled, it seems it never occurred to him that this could be done, “We could make a genetic template based on Heather and conform your body to it.”

Hector shook his head, “You mean change me to look like Heather?”

“No no, just her form, you would still carry your own genetic makeup.”

Hector relaxed, “You mean I’d still be a male.”

“Ah…yes that is what I mean.” She grinned…it was different that these aliens were of two sexes. “As it is now, you two are about as incompatible as two beings can get. We find it intriguing that you two are mated yet you cannot actually mate. I interviewed the others and conducted some research to find out just how unusual your situation is. We can remedy the situation if you and Alien Heather wish.

He was flabbergasted, “This is possible?”

“Oh yes, completely, if you so desired…although it would take time to make the model and about a week to complete the full transformation. Since you are without artificial genetic manipulation we can easily make modifications to you using the other as a template.”

He then had an inspiration, “Then you could do this for Heather’s sister, Ezmerelda…ah the small one.”

“Ah, I have an appointment with her soon, unfortunately no, we cannot do that to her body. The ancient micro machines have already done damage to her system. To try and accelerate her growth and modify her body structure would be too dangerous. There are other options for her. Your body is free from tampering and we can work with that. If you do want this procedure then we will have to discuss some things. I am hoping that Shearah will have your mate conscious soon enough so that you may talk to her about all this.”

His interest was peaked, “Would it be painful?”

“No, just for you it would be disorienting at first since you are not a four legged creature but you would quickly adjust. The matrix map that would form would take care of the walking and moving. You wouldn’t need much adjusting to that, you would move and act like you were born to do it.”

This was a stunning revelation, “Wow…Tolare, this is really something to think about, I’m for it if it will help Heather adjust. We’ll discuss it…ah can you start on the design.”

“Certainly that will give us a head start, if you agree to the procedure that is.”

Hector nodded, “Do so.” He began to eat his meal in earnest, it seems he had a lot to talk about with Sid and Nancy.

Elsewhere on the station.

Endora knocked on Margrette and Kathren’s door, seems they had been elusive throughout most of all of this. Kathren’s mighty form opened the door, her blue fur and large chest couldn’t be mistaken for anyone else.

“Endora, it’s good to see you. How was your trip? Did you find her?”

She had given them a cover story saying the aliens were going to take her alone on a trip out to a special colony to search for Swallow. She paused to get her story straight then said, “It was really different and yes we did find her, although she is hurt...Tolare and Shearah are looking after her right now in fact. They say she should be all right in time...ah is Margrette here?” She didn’t want to go into a big story; that would come later.

“Yes, almost done with her shower.”

“Could I ask that we be alone for a bit?” She didn’t really want to exclude Kathren but she would be here when Margrette explained things to her; to help ease things.

Kathren knew the bond between Endora and her mate. Margrette had laid down the law on that one, long ago. “Sure Endora, just let me get something on. How long, an hour good enough?”

She smiled, Kathren was quite the sight naked. Didn’t have any modesty about her body at all, she guessed if you were that big and physically toned as she was, modesty wouldn’t be a big concern although she still really couldn’t see what Margrette saw in her; to each her own she supposed. “Yes that should be fine.”

Kathren went to the bathroom to alert Margrette she had company. Soon she was dressed and gone, leaving Endora alone.

Margrette strode out of the bathroom with nothing but a small towel around her waist. To Endora’s surprise, she remembered a time when Margrette was as shy as can be.

“Shed a few inhibitions huh Oreo?”

Margrette laughed, “More than a few Endy, more than a few. Kath’s gone huh?”

“Yeah, cleared out fast…I didn’t mean...”

Margrette interrupted her, “Endy, she knows all about our relationship and has sworn not to interfere in it.”

“It’s ok, I guess she could have stayed.”

“Don’t worry your head about it Endy.”

“I see you have grown a bit more…,” Endora looked over Margrette’s body and she had a lot.

“Kath’s got me doing heavy weights now, it’s tough but ooh the muscle feels nice.”

“Yes it does look good on you.” She wasn’t lying, it did, very sexy and took 20 years off of her age. She was beginning to see why Frank became jealous.

“So what’s happened? Not like you to come here just to see me alone.”

“I came because I need to talk to someone who really knows me and you do, Warren does too but not like you.”

Margrette came and sat beside Endora on the bed and gave her a hug, “We’ve been through a lot over the years haven’t we?”

“Yes… and I’m glad I had your ear.” She looked Margrette in the eye, they were true friends.

“Ditto Endy…so I bet this has something to do with your trip.”

“Yes…,” and she explained. Margrette listened to Endora’s tale with astonishment and when she finally finished she really didn’t know what to say.

“Endy this sounds so unbelievable…I don’t understand some of it. Like the part about your parents passing away, their not dead Endy. As far as I know they still have that get away in Florida.”

Endora sighed, “You’re just like everyone else, I’m the only one to remember that they died, it’s so confusing.”

“Maybe you just dreamed it.”

“The canister that’s in my room isn’t a dream.”

“I see your point…so is that what’s got you so upset, this canister.”

“Yes Margrette, I want to give this last clone life, it’s not fair for it to be in that container. I’d do it in a minute but I’m all ready carrying two.”

“Two?” Margrette blinked, “Wait a minute... you didn’t say anything about twins.”

“Sorry Oreo… yeah I’m going to have twins.”

Margrette threw her arms around her best friend, “That’s wonderful!!!!!!!!”

“Well it wasn’t so wonderful there for awhile, Warren was really concerned about my health. You know I’m not as young as I used to be.”

“Endy you’re four years younger than I am,” she grinned.

“Yeah but no where near as healthy.” She pinched her middle, “It’s not the age but the hard miles but the Zargozians think I’m ok. That has calmed Warren’s concerns for the moment.”

“Then that’s cause for celebration.”

“Not quite yet, I still don’t know what to do about the last clone. Like I said, I would carry and I can’t ask Sabrina…she just got engaged plus she’s too young.”

“Ahem…you’re over looking someone.”

“Who?”

“Me.”

“You!” Endora said wide eyed.

“Of course.” Margrette said proudly.

“But…?”

“But what, you said it yourself I’m in great shape and I’ve carried before, without incident.”

“But you have enough problems, plus you have Tabitha and Aaron.”

Margrette turned her head, “We don’t have Aaron anymore.”

Endora was shocked, “What? I thought the adoption went through.”

“I thought it had but the trouble I’ve had with Frank and Kathren screwed things up…don’t mention this in front of her, Kathren feels totally responsible for the whole mess.”

Endora put her paw on her friends shoulder, “I’m sorry, Oreo.”

“I know you are, it was a disaster. Frank and I tried every route but they pulled out.”

“Oh geesh. Why didn’t you call me?”

“I didn’t want to burden you any more than you already were; with Swallow missing and all.”

Endora took her paw and pulled Margrette’s face up to meet hers, “Margrette we haven’t grown that far apart that you will ever bother me with your problems.” She tapped her nose with her finger, “You remember that!”

“You always were a glutton for punishment!!” Then a grin came to her face, “Remember that cart we made…?”

Endora thought for a moment, “The one that went airborne with me in it!!”

“Yeah... I told you Rosalind hill was way too steep…but did yoouuu listen?”

“No, but it was a wild ride.”

“So much so that the next place you went was the hospital.”

“Yeah the arm still hurts sometimes.”

Margrette took Endora’s arm in her paw and gently rubbed it where she knew it had broken so long ago. She remembered also how much she cried in pain as well, in one way it was a pleasant memory and in another an unhappy one. “Endy, I’d do anything for you and if that means having another baby then that’s what I’ll do.”

“Margrette I…,” She sighed knowing it was going to be difficult in swaying her decision, “What about Kathren?”

“She won’t object…sure we’ll have a discussion but in the end I’ll have this baby.”

Many things had to be considered for this to work, “Maybe we should go see the aliens first to be sure all this is possible.”

“Sure…lets go. By the way your Mom was way too lenient in grounding you for that stunt.”

“Hey!! I broke my arm…too lenient my ass!”

“And what an ass it is…” Endora gave her a gentle swat and Margrette laughed.

Elsewhere On The Station.

Ezzy paced the counter, her thoughts plagued her, “What the heck does this Tolare creature want with me? I don’t need any fixing. Dad has already said his peace and said no to a cure for himself, he said it was his time when it was time. I wish he would change his mind.”

She understood exactly why he was doing it, his past still haunted him but he was a changed fur. She begged but he wouldn’t listen, ‘when his time came’ she kept hearing in her ear. All she really could think about was him, he had moved the earth for her and now he wouldn’t do the one simple thing that would make her happy.

She sat down and sulked, it wasn’t fair; “Ti was right all along...blast her and her always being right.” She sighed, “You’re right Ti, I do feel cheated but till this moment I couldn’t admit it to myself. Maybe I do need some fixing after all.” She said quietly to herself.

The door opened and she hastily stood up and straightened her top and skirt. In walked Tolare the light blue young alien, Ezz found it easier to talk to her because she was smaller than most, which helped. Being only a foot and a half tall did have its disadvantages.

“There you are Alien Ezmerelda, hope you weren’t waiting too long.”

“No…not too long, gave me time to think about things.”

“That’s good, now we have a chance to talk.”

“I take it you have gone over my scans?” Ezz said as she sat down on a small piece of equipment which she was sure would support her weight.

“Oh yes very interesting and very normal.”

She wasn’t sure the translator had said the right word, “Did you say normal?”

“Yes you are the healthiest of all the clones.”

“I am? But I’m tiny.”

“Oh yes other than that fact, you’ve heard us talking about the micro machines.”

“Yes they caused a lot of problems in Ti; my big sister.”

“Yes, well they caused some problems for you as well, they didn’t fully activate in you which I believe is the reason why you are small.”

“So am I in trouble with these things?” Ezz said worried, visions of Ti’s predicament flowed past her.

“Oh no, they are long gone; dissolved, their purpose long forgotten. Once they were deactivated they simply disintegrated into your blood stream.”

Ezz sighed in relief. “Well that’s good news, so I guess I should ask is there anything you can do for me; I mean about my size.”

Tolare had a small pad device with her that displayed most of Ezmerelda’s scan data. “The answer to that is yes and no.”

Ezzy looked confused, “Ok.”

Tolare saw her confusion, “I will explain, to make you grow to what would be the others relative size would take time; probably longer than you are willing to wait.”

“Oh…ah how much time?”

“We have determined it would take 70 of your years to achieve final size. To do it any faster could lead to disaster and your death. The machines did some altering of your cell structure before they self destructed and it’s in that we cannot hurry the process. With a great amount of time I might figure away around the damage but I don’t think you’re willing to wait that long.”

“Great, wonderful news!” Ezzy sighed it wasn’t what she was hoping for, not now after sort of getting her hopes up.

Tolare could see the disappointment that Ezzy carried by her body motion, “That doesn’t mean we don’t have an alternative.” She stood, “Do you mind if I carry you?”

“No, I’m use to it.” Ezzy said as she put her arms up in readiness.

Tolare picked Ezzy up, she was heavier than she expected. They moved over two rooms and Tolare set her down again on a counter. In the center of this room there was a pod of sorts, Tolare began to work some of the controls on it.

“This is a worker android, a cybernetic organism. It is very much like a real body, save for one thing; it doesn’t have a mind. It is controlled via computer.”

The pods shield retracted and there in front of them was a giant blue blob of something.

“That doesn’t look like an android.”

“Oh, that’s because this is its raw form, it has no template uploaded to it. What we can do for you is to load your template to it and it would assume your form.”

Ezz was astounded, “No…really?”

She was happy to see the look on the small aliens face, “Yes and you would either link with it physically or remotely. There is a disadvantage to the remote though.”

“Oh?” Ezz was really curious now.

“It can experience loss of feeling and awareness…at times you can become a bit disoriented with a remote. It is minor problem but you can notice it.”

“Oh wow, so you mean I can be hooked to this thing on a non permanent basis.”

“Yes. Also we can join it to you; of course there would be escape commands for you to use. It would be an extension of your own consciousness; it would feel, sense and react much like your own body with a few extras.”

“Oh, like what?”

“For one, this body is far stronger than any organic body; it has different modes it can move into; depending on what environment it’s in. For instance in a vacuum, which is where most of these units are used. It can stay out almost indefinitely.”

Ezzy blinked, “Ok, what charges it? I mean it must run on something.”

“Matter, it can convert almost anything into a fuel source and matter is always around us. Minute particles, it collects them and uses them for fuel.”

“Woah... that is high tech.”

“Yes it is, what I can do is let you try a remote, it’s easily done without any harm to you. It wouldn’t be your own body but it would allow you the experience. Then it will be your decision from there. We would have to make a temporary set up. Minor surgery that would allow you access, if you decided to go ahead the main operation would be longer.”

Ezzy liked this solution, it would mean she could be big and do amazing things to boot.

“Is this machine fully functional?”

“How do you mean? It functions beyond normal parameters for your species. At least from the data I have collected from the others.”

“That’s not what I meant …I mean biologically, does it breathe, release waste or become sexually aroused if I do; that type of functionality.”

“Oh…now I understand your question. In some ways it does and doesn’t. The removal of waste from the body is not required except your own; your sustenance is delivered via links that we will install in your body. It will consume food, if needed, then use its energy and feed you at the same time, the excess disposed of. It’s a very complex system. As for sexual activity, we would have to work on that but yes we can alter the machine to respond that way if you’d like it to.”

“Could it bear a child?”

“Yes, again we would have to make certain modifications to it and yourself to allow that. These machines were designed for construction work more than for living within one although they have been used for this purpose occasionally. There are some diseases on our world we still do not have a cure for and some are very debilitating. This is where these androids can restore function to a body that is wrought with one.”

She couldn’t believe this, it was all she had hoped for, “How soon can we begin?”

“Testing…today if you wish, I have to prepare and that will take several hours.”

“Yes I’d like that.”

“Then I will begin.

Ezzy suddenly thought of one last request, “Tolare, there is one more thing I’d like to ask.”

mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Part 2 Reply with quote

Elsewhere on the Station.

Shearah studied the scan of Margrette’s body, “She is fit and could carry easily but I want to be sure this embryo is viable. Since it has already proved defective in one case, I want to be sure.”

As Shearah spoke she could tell that this was something that meant a lot to these two aliens; more so to the alien Endora.

It took her awhile to do the necessary tests but finally she had what she wanted. As she approached them they looked nervous. “The embryo is viable, if you want to proceed.” Shearah said.

Margrette looked at Endora who had tears in her eyes, “Hey what are you crying for you’re not the one carrying a baby…” Margrette rolled her eyes, “ah…forget that last statement.”

Endora threw her arms about Margrette, “Thank you.”

“Anything for you Endy.” She hugged her back, trying to be as gentle as she could. She remembered back to the many times that they had both cried; their world had many ups and downs and as always they remained true friends to the end.

Later:

Kathren looked at Margrette in disbelief for she wasn’t sure she heard her right. “You’re going to have a baby?”

Margrette looked at Kathren funny, “Well I have to be impregnated first.”

She scratched her head, “With this clone embryo.”

“Yes Kath… listen, Endora would have done it herself but she’s carrying twins and that’s going to be risky enough. She’s not sure she could carry another after these two are born.”

“You really want to do this…I mean right after all that crap the adoption agency dragged you through…I mean what happens after. What if they come snooping about again?”

“Kath, my love, this isn’t like that. Endora has said this child is to be ours, all she wanted was to allow it a chance at life. It has none in that tube that it’s in right now. The moment is now, chances of a medical doctor back home doing what she has asked Shearah to do; is very unlikely.”

“If this is what you want.” Kathren looked into the eyes of her lover.

“It is, Endy is my deepest friend. I do this for her and for us.”

“It will be different with a little one about.”

“Yes but she will have two loving parents to protect her and give her the love that she needs.” She snuggled against Kathren’s huge body, “Now all I have to do is explain this to Frank; he’s going to have a fit. I think I’ll have my cell phone ready to dial 911.”

Hanger bay 18

Tolare waited for Zirkon to arrive, she had what she requested. Technology had advanced somewhat since she had worn one of the dampeners and she hoped this one caused her no pain. It had been a long time since she had last seen her, she was a lost soul. Almost gone to this world. If it hadn’t been for that other telepath, they would have lost her. This mad chase of hers to find a mind to share and bond with had literally driven her insane.

This philosophy that out there somewhere was your true soul mate had literally driven her to colony after colony searching but finally it had taken its toll on her. Her physical body almost fell apart on her physician’s bed. It took years to get her back to a stable condition, both physically and mentally.

With prodding and constant vigil she was able to get the Empire to admit that Zirkon was their responsibility and they sent her to Zen. She had never been there but it is said that it is beautiful, now she was pulling her from a life of peace back to a land of chaos.

The pilot exited first then Zirkon made her way out, followed by Mira.

She moved towards them, “Greetings Zirkon welcome to Hadrec Station.”

Zirkon was surprised to see this young Zargozian come to greet her, “Tolare?”

She wasn’t quite as tall as Zirkon was and looking up at her made this awkward, “It is I, Tolare, you may probe if you wish.” Tolare never felt anything but she was sure Zirkon did as she requested for her face showed a definite change; one of recognition.

“Hello my friend it’s nice to see you again, let me introduce you to my companion; this is Mira.”

“It is nice to meet you Mira.”

“Thank you, this place is amazing.” Mira couldn’t believe such a structure was possible.

“This is just the hanger bay, wait till you see the rest. Before we go too far, I have what you asked for Zirkon.”

“Good, I can sense everyone here and have put up blocks against them but that would soon tire me out.” She took the device from Tolare.

“There have been some breakthroughs in the science of the device, I hope it works without any undesirable affects.”

“We shall soon see.”

The device didn’t look like much, a ring with an elliptical device on one side of it. Zirkon put it on her head then closed her eyes, the device soon glowed a light blue. “Ah…this is working well; I need not concentrate nearly as hard to drown out the thoughts. Thank you Tolare.”

“You are most welcome.”

“Let me get you settled then you can see your patient.”

“Your message didn’t say much but from the look of the scans I can see why you sent for me.”

Zirkon had studied the workings of the brain and qualified as a physician #5; a long way from Tolare’s status but she knew enough about medicine to understand.

“I didn’t say much because your patient is an alien.”

Zirkon stopped walking in mid-stride, “I heard that in your holo but I wasn’t sure that you meant a true Alien?”

“Yes, she is from another world; far from here in Kalen space.”

“Now I see why you didn’t say much; tell me more.” They continued as Tolare filled her in on all the details.

Once settled Zirkon told Mira she could roam the station and that she would return later, it was time she met this alien of two minds.

As they approached Swallow’s new location, Tolare spoke. “We have moved Swallow here to this room, it is equipped with shields and a dampener field like the device you wear, plus it’s about 10 times stronger. We wanted to be sure that you wouldn’t be disturbed when you were in there with her. Please; her appearance may disturb you some; she is regenerating at the moment. Her arm and her torso were badly damaged in an accident. She is recovering but she still has a way to go yet.”

“Thank you Tolare for your considerations, it will indeed increase my chances of helping her. The guardians of this Alien, are they by chance here?”

“Yes, they are.”

“Let me look upon this one first, then before I go any further I want to speak to them and any friends she has; they may have knowledge of great importance to me.”

“Good, we’ll get you a translator.”

To Zirkon the aliens were very strange in looks and something else surprised her. Their minds were silent to her. It was disorienting for her for all Zargozians minds were open books to her but these Aliens minds were closed. That didn’t mean that she couldn’t read them, all it meant was it took more of an effort on her part.

It took time for Zirkon to get the necessary information from everyone who knew Swallow, plus the fact that she really wouldn’t be dealing with her right off. The recordings of the creature implied that she was going to have a time in getting to the proper mind.

Tolare took Zirkon to the holding cell of Mother/Alison. If there were any surprises, they should have the answers. As they entered, Mother engaged them.

“Its about time someone came to see me!!!!” Mother squawked.

“Calm yourself Alien Mother.” Tolare said trying to ease the situation.

“Something not right here,” Alison said.

“Oh! What isn’t right?” Zirkon said calmly.

“She heard me!!” Alison exclaimed.

“Of course, your link stands out to me, in fact it’s as if you were standing here talking to me; it’s that strong.”

“You’re a telepath.” Mother said.

“Yes…I am, you are surprised though.”

“They don’t have telepaths on my world.”

“Oh…then that explains things.”

“Now you’re going to rip my mind apart, like it isn’t already.”

Zirkon looked puzzled, “I have no intentions of doing anything like that, I’ve come only for questions. If you do not wish to answer me then you don’t have to. I am not about to attack you mentally, it is not my nature. I need information about the one called Swallow.”

Mother just looked at them, “Then you both better sit down, this is gonna take awhile.”

Elsewhere on the station

The small device carried Ezzy to where Ti was being treated. To her amazement she was reading from a terminal. She turned her head at the noise of the door opening; she was still engulfed by the gelatinous bed and therefore could not stand. Although she was surprised to see a small machine carrying her sister.

“Oh ho!!! They gave you wheels!! Look out, Aliens Ezzy is on the move!!” Ti said with sarcasm.

“Very funny.” The machine rose and carried her to a counter where it landed.

“That’s some machine.”

“Yeah I might just ask them if I can keep it.”

“Might be a good idea, considering your situation.”

“That’s why I’m here, you have a moment to talk?”

“Yes, I’m not walking out of here anytime soon.”

Ezzy poked the gelatinous bed, “How are they treating you?”

“I can’t complain, I’m not tired anymore which I find different and look.” She moved her right arm, the gel clung to it but you could see through it.

“Your arm, it’s growing!!!” Ezz said with complete surprise.

“Yeah, Richard is ecstatic. Plus it seems my heart is ready to be implanted.”

“Oh…” Now she didn’t feel right bringing her problems to her.

“Ezz what’s bothering you?”

“Nothing, it can wait.” She shuffled her feet.

“No it can’t; now talk or I’ll try to get out of this thing.” She knew it was impossible but Ezzy didn’t know that.

“No no no…don’t do that.” Ezz said in panic.

“Then talk.” Ti settled back down.

“Ok,” Ezz sat down, “seems those little micro machines did their nasty work on me too.”

“Oh no, Ezz are you ok?” Ti said with deep concern in her voice.

“No, nothing like you, it seems they started something then stopped, leaving me permanently small.”

“Oh no,” Ti sighed, “is there nothing they can do for you?”

“Yeah if I wait 70 years.”

“That long?”

“Tolare said those damn things altered my cells enough that they compromised my system; they can only do so much for me. Other than that I’m healthy.”

“I’m sorry Ezz…I really am. Well at least there is one good thing out of this; you’re healthy.”

“Well I can wait 70 years then look like an old version of my sister Sabrina or…” She stopped, she didn’t know if she should go on or not.

“Or?” Ti said coaxing.

“I can be linked to an organic being…a robot so to speak.”

Ti stared at her, “Really, what kind of robot?”

“Tolare said it would look like me…or us.”

“No…really, they can make one to look like us?”

“She said she could, I don’t doubt her but…”

The Zargozian technology level was astounding but this even sounded a bit far fetched Ti thought, “Ezz this sounds like an opportunity of a life time; you should be happy.”

“I am but there is a draw back of sorts.”

“Ok spill…”

“This robot has to have me connected to it.”

“Ok some neural network or something right?”

“Yeah…it can be run by remote or I can be placed inside it.”

Ti’s eyes filled with intrigue. “Oh now that is different!”

“Yeah, that’s the part I’m not too sure of, Tolare said the remote loses something in the translation but to be put inside I’d be a part of it.”

“Oh wow luv that’s perfect, it’s what you wanted.”

Ezz looked at Ti, “I’m not sure I want that.”

Ti looked at the little version of herself, “Ezz I know you, I’m betting you secretly want to be like your sisters…I know it’s a big change for you. But you have to face facts your dad won’t be around forever and you have to get on with things. Being your size is difficult enough but to be alone and this size will be worse. Ezz, the Zargozians are giving you a chance at a normal life. I’m sure with my help we can be sure you’re all set before you leave here. If you find that you don’t like it back home we can pull you out and that will be it, we’ll put the robot away.” She smiled for she knew that she was scared. “Ezz, you can help your father in ways he never thought you’d be able to. I’m sure this machine will be much stronger and faster than anything we can imagine.”

She smiled, “Tolare did say it had modes and that I can try a remote later today.”

“Good, Ezz, this could be a whole new life for you.”

“Yeah, seems we are all getting sort of a second chance.”

“Yes luv, it seems we are, try it for me?”

“Ok…hey Tolare said she could modify the droid to function sexually,” Ti’s eyebrow went up, “and have a baby!!!”

Ti looked at her, this might be a good time to talk with her about what she had explained to her. Although she wasn’t exactly sure if it pertained to Ezz she thought it best to at least warn her. “Ezz I think we better have a little talk about that part.”

Ezz looked at Ti strangely, “Uh…ok.”

A few days later:

As the light penetrated Heather’s eyes she put up her paw to shield them. “So there really is an after life, oh but why does my head hurt so much.”

Her hearing seemed to be super sensitive at the moment, each beep of what she thought was a machine was a roar, she also thought she heard voices. Her belief in the after life was shaken when a shadow descended upon her, she could hardly make out a face, a blue furred one.

“Oh good, you are awake, I will alert your mate. Alien Hector will be glad to hear from me.”

“Guh…” It came out garbled she spit most of it out in disgust, she wiped her muzzle off with the back of her paw. A few seconds later she found the blue creature wiping her paw clean and her muzzle.

“Your words will come eventually, you just have to concentrate.”

“Koo arg u’d?” This time without the splatter.

“I think it’d be best if your mate explained; please rest while I get him.”

Heather watched the blue furred creature walk away, she was confused; the last thing she remembered was the wedding. “Oh no!!! I collapsed.” She covered her muzzle in horror. Her thoughts were of Hector, poor Hector.

Her mind was a fury of activity, she tried to get a feeling where she was but nothing looked familiar. She found she could move her torso around but anything below that was dead. She cried, knowing the realization of that. This one did it, she thought, she was paralyzed. This fact depressed her, the thought of never being able to move under her own power was overwhelming. Her head ached as she put her head down and cried till she fell asleep. She was awoken by some one gently rocking her.

As she opened her encrusted eyes she saw her family, her mom, dad and Hector; she blinked several times as she watched them begin to cry.

“Baby!!” Nancy said, teary eyed as she threw her arms around her daughter.

“Blom.”

Nancy couldn’t believe it, Heather was alive and talking; immediately she began to straighten her hair.” She didn’t really know what else to do, she was so happy.

“Blom…watz gooing n.”

“Oh..,” She wiped her tears away; “sorry darling I’m just too emotional. It’s like this…”

It took them awhile to explain everything to her, they had to pause several times to allow her to absorb all the information. In the end she was happy that they found someone that could help her. It was indeed a miracle.

Hector really wanted to talk to Heather alone and asked politely if Sid and Nancy could give them a bit of privacy. They nodded and understood, these two had an important decision to make.

Hector was crying as he looked into Heather’s face. Heather gently wiped away his tears, “Dowp kri Hep tar, I’m fweeing betver...ah vot betver”

“It’s just that I thought I’d never see you again.”

“Mmwe woo Hep tar, u were de last ting I thog lov az de lights clozzed oovff round mme, I wz zo skkkared.”

He put his arms around her for she began to shake and cry. “It’s ok, it’s ok…you’re safe now.” He was so glad she was alive, his heart beat furiously, his joy unrestrained; he had her back.

It took a few days for Heather to really recover, enough to realize she wasn’t on earth anymore. Hector wheeled her to a window so she could see the alien planet far below them. She was awestruck by the immense scope of it all. She was also thrilled to learn that these aliens had a way for her to walk once again under her own power.

Hector helped her along with her speech. It took a bit but finally she felt comfortable again in speaking.

“You learn fast…,” he smiled.

“Good tweacher.” Heather scratched under his chin.

“Awww shucks,” Hector’s ears laid gently back, she didn’t know how glad he was to be having this conversation. His fears had abated the minute he saw her awake and he knew he could live with her even if she had been paralyzed; it didn’t matter to him he only wanted her. He really didn’t know how to start this conversation, he had held back with this information till he felt Heather felt somewhat better. He knew she still had a big operation ahead of her.

He debated with himself until he finally told her, “Heather, the Zargozians told me of a procedure; a remarkable one to say the least.” He paused.

“Go on.” She looked into his brown eyes and saw confusion and question.

“They can alter my body to be like yours, since yours cannot be changed to match mine.”

Heather’s eyes went wide, “Hector that’s not possible!”

Hector nodded, “Yes they can, Tolare is working out a model now.”

“You mean you’d be a skunktaur too?”

“Yes…if you’d like me to be.” He smiled, all he wanted to do was to make her happy.

“Hector you’re the one that it’s going to affect, why are you asking me?”

“Heather, if we are going to share our lives then we have to make decisions together and I need your input on this one,” he paused, “I’ve been thinking about it a lot. It would really help us on the physical line of things; we are not the most compatible of couples.”

“Hector, don’t do this because we will have a difficult time having sex, or children for that matter. I love you; don’t do this because of physical things.”

“I know but I’d love to be closer to you in that way; in this I think we can really make our relationship flourish.”

She looked at his big head, “I’d miss that big nose of yours.”

“Well, I would have a better one for you to fall in love with.”

“Can we do anything to this model?”

“Oh yes, we can modify it anyway you like.”

“Then let’s see that first before we think of changing that mug of yours, ok.”

“Ok.” He kissed her and again and thanked what power was keeping a watchful eye looking over her.

End Of Chapter 23

8 Feet deep in skunks, run for the hills folks!!!!!!!

Well, this is starting to sound familiar. Ti wants a heart, Heather wants a brain, Ezzy wants something that gives her courage and Swallow gets a pair of ruby sli… pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good one, Cheets. You're starting to wrap it up nicely. *Puzzled Look* but why do I expect a few more zingers before you're through?

*Two Opposed Thumbs Up!*

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thank Cateagle,

The big battle is to come...... Twisted Evil

Cheetaur

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked A Hectaur? Shocked Laughing

Talk about getting a makeover... Rolling Eyes Wink

Surprised One Skunk-fur coming up. Would you like an extra pair of legs with that? Twisted Evil

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great chapter Cheets, I may have missed it but did they ever address Heather's um pluming issue?

Hanger 18 Cheets?

mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Hey nameless Reply with quote

Quote:
A Hectaur?

Talk about getting a makeover...

One Skunk-fur coming up. Would you like an extra pair of legs with that?

LOL ......yur funny......hey glad you liked the chapter..hope you found it enjoyable......Smile

Quote:
Great chapter Cheets, I may have missed it but did they ever address Heather's um pluming issue?

Well with Heather sorta getting a whole body check up it was sorta a given that her plumbing would be repaired as well....Smile

Hey cool any favorite parts guys.......????

Cheets

Xaqtly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, another great chapter. You've shown us a truly stunning array of options for all our heroes in this one. For a while there I was sure this story would never have any kind of happy ending but it does look like it's heading that way, which is just fine with me. I am looking forward to what Zirkon can do with Mother/Swallow and Mother/Alison, that should be good.
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Hey nameless Reply with quote

mfwhite wrote:
Hey cool any favorite parts guys.......????

Of course.

Especially Ti's, they are so much bigger... Twisted Evil

Surprised Oh... Embarassed Oh, I guess you did not mean those parts...

Everything seems to be coming together nicely. Either you are already wrapping up the story or... Twisted Evil things will change shortly...

Hmmm, what extra things did Ezzy want?

Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: I'm speechless...... Reply with quote

Wow.

Just...wow.

Okay, it's been a while since I've posted in here- Cheetaur has slapped me around a little bit for being remiss in giving him my profuse accolades for his writing, so here I am, trying to make up for my lapses.

The last three chapters have been a wild ride- I mean, for instance, with chapter 22- Cleo came back as a biological being? Now that I'd have never seen coming- and he did it so smoothly, that it seems completely logical. I almost went "duh!" before I thought about it *grin* My heart was nearly torn from me as I went through Endora' anguish at meeting her parents, and at her fears that she'd never get to see them again. I was nicely surprised as the latest chapters have revealed that our cast of clones really does have a chance at living normal lives, once things are over with, and I'm hoping for Mother/Alison to somehow become normal, and be able to function without the megalomania that has driven her/them for their current incarnation, and that the evil portion of Swallow that is Mother is exterminated once and for alll.

All in all, of course, the story is, and remains, fascinating to me; it is far and away the most original of its type, and yet it isn't filled with technobabble and inscrutable language. Cheetaur has, in my opinion, crafted a story of incredible delightfulness- you'll have to forgive me if I sound a bit off- trying to praise Cheets for his efforts, without sounding like everyone else, is a bit hard for me. Suffice it to say that I've been reading his stories from the start, and at no point has he failed to keep me wanting for more.

I've heard that Cheetaur is already finished with the story- and the only thing I can do now is wait eagerly for the next chapters. Cheets, don't make me wait so long next time! Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Woah... Reply with quote

Shocked

The responce to this chapter ....wow has me realing.

Thank you ever so much everyone.....its fantastic.

As SK said yes the story is wrapped up, been that way for a bit. Smile

The editing that is being done is Fantastic, making sure that the final chapter will knock everyone socks off.......well 24 is the sock'em one but....still i'm awestruck at the responces here.

Thank you one and all, i'm glad that S3 had been an enjoyable part of your life....wow. A part of someones life....gee.....now my head is really swelling. Embarassed

Better stop now before it gets too big

Again thanks and I hope you will enjoy the next chapter, i put a lot of effort into that one and this is what folks have been wanting to see, "gun fight at the ok corall"

Wink

Get along little doggie........Smile

Vixdraw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Good show! Reply with quote

Especially interested to see how Endora fares! How old do you think she is?

Great story! Very Happy

mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: you know i had this figgered once....:( Reply with quote

Off hand i'd have to put her age now at early 50's or late 40's
Thats why Warren was so worried about her being pregnant.
Wink

cheetaur

Frazikar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: random thoughts Reply with quote

Humph, goes to show what happens when ya take a week off from daily monitoring....gotta play catch-up...

Nice moves on the cloning issue though I did think of something for Ti - emulation, having the newer model nanos act like the ones in her and when they get to 97%, signal for new instructions, though I'm not sure if it could be done in the timeframe....but then Ezzy's option is 70 years, so it should be within the realm of possibility (but let's see how cheetaur gonna do it anyway).

As for the last clone, knowing that Endora is already carrying, I thought that she might turn to Marge although I too wondered just how the timeline had changed. Good to see that it hasn't effected their friendship.

As for Hector, whoa, talk about 'joining' your mate....hopefully someone with remember about how to reintegrate THAT change in the world before they return to it!

Hmmm, still some room for a few more plot twists, hopefully not many O Henry types but we'll see...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> cheetaur All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: