Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

From the Depths...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang you - I'm just not sure I'd handle EK properly. I'll do my best, since it is percolating through my tiny little brain...

This may be a joint effort - I tell you what I'd like to say, and you tell me how he'd react....whaddaya think?

Wolf Starchaser

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Attention All Hands: Reply with quote

New FDtH segment (neither I nor the author would call it a full chapter) posted. Go forth and read it, then come back here and say stuff about it.

It's on the Raccoon's Bookshelf and Shirh's website.

Go read it. Now. Nownownow.

:onfire: #StarWars :microwave:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it seems Toni has dug a perfect little hole for herself there hasn't she, pretty much guaranteed that she'll be forced out of the closet so to speak. Great work on this one SK.

Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But then again in this situation would coming out of the closet be so bad?

Even if it freaked someone out it would take alot of hidden tension of having to walk on eggshells in keeping the fact a secret.

She'll probably come clean on the whole situation and that will probably soften the blow, and I'm pretty sure the two of them and both understanding furs who won't get to freaked, especially since she's there friend.

Other than that a great chapter, nice description and everything.

fuzzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting chapter, if a little short.

Confused Shocked Twisted Evil Hmmm, if Courtney is still unsure about her sexual orientation, then Tony is just the right fur to help her find out... Rolling Eyes

Schitzree

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Nameless, I'd say Toni is the WORST choice to help someone decide their sexual orientation. I mean if Courtney finds out about her, and decides she's attracted to her, can she really say she is attracted to Toni because she is female Confused
Shadu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i get it right tony is female in body except for that extra organ(s) and well although the clasification is hermafrodite (i think) she's still a she and can consider herself female...(again i think) Confused
Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject: Victoria's Secret Reply with quote

*grin*

Well, since the cat is out of the bag-- though I don't honestly think that it was ever really *in* the bag to begin with-- I'll spill the beans.

Yes, Toni is a hermaphrodite.

Back in the early eighties, when her mother became pregnant, a new drug was being tested, and her mother, not knowing that she was pregnant, decided to opt for being a test subject for the drug study. At the time she received her first batch of injections-- and only batch, once the blood screens showed the presence of PCG (known as Placental Chorionic Gonadotropin)-- she was about ten and one-half weeks pregnant with her daughter, Toni.

For those of you who don't know the significance of that, let me give ya a tiny biology lesson. At about approximately eleven weeks after fertilization, the forming embryo begins to receive hormones and other chemical substances from its developing adrenal system, which are governed by the sex-based chromosomes deep within the growing fetus. XY chromosomes help to produce the chemical H-Y antigen, which is responsible for the creation of testes. The testes, in turn, produce a hormone called Mullerian Inhibiting Hormone (MIH), which- basically- tells the developing sexual tissues to develop into male sexual equipment.

As a developing embryo, Toni was bombarded with a chemical mixture that mimicked the H-Y antigen, just enough to help produce the necessary components to begin the process of producing MIH. However, that same chemical mixture disrupted the full ability of MIH to perform its function, and so Toni was blessed-- or cursed-- with both sets of sexual equipment.

Additionally, coupled with the chemical mixture were DNA fragments, which were the true purpose of the study that Toni's mother was attempting to be involved with. The chemical mixture was, in reality, supposed to function as a catalyst for, and a facilitator for, the DNA fragments to bond-- at least temporarily (or so the research staff hoped)
-- with the hosts' DNA, and produce a measureable strengthening of the new genetic bonds; the research was being performed in order to test a new way of battling genetic degenerative diseases.

For Toni, unfortunately, what ended up happening was the strengthening of the divergent pathways in her body that resulted in her hermaphroditism, and a strengthening of the genetic mutations with regard to the development of her sexual organs that they became permanent, and resulted in her very visible state of genetic dimorphism.

Whether Toni is "fully functional" hasn't yet been determined.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Darn... Reply with quote

Well, darn... it seems that I killed that discussion....

But, in other news, chapter 46-b has been posted! Go enjoy!
(While I try and make this sinus headache go away...)

Aramis Dagaz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's about time somebody tried confronting Dr. Kahn. Though you can't fault why you'd find few volunteers to do so; Dr. Kahn must be like a beast from someone's nightmare at this point in the story.

Great job as always, Shirh Kahn. I eagerly await the next installment.

How noble it is
To want to save the world.
But no one can alone.

Shadu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK now you have to come up with the next one. i really want to know how this continues. it ended in a way i can only compare to a tv episode ending just before the best fight. (for those who see Naruto you know what i mean) Mr. Green
Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Real Life Warning!! Reply with quote

An FYI:

Unfortunately, due to some major Real Life @#$! that just happened-- which will change my life-- I will be putting my story writing on hold. I'll still be writing, but posts will be made whenever I get around to them.

I'll let you know when things change for the better.

Wolf Starchaser

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, my friend, keep us posted, and let me know if I can in any way assist.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Aramis Dagaz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, I hope things work out for you in the end. Hang in there!
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAMN! It hasn't been a good 12 months for some of us here has it, kind of makes me want to crawl into a hole and hide. Shirh I hope the situation gets better quickly and isn't too painful, remember we're all here if you need someone to lean on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> shirh khan All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 40 of 45

Jump to: