Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Going Wild from Boredom

View previous topic :: View next topic  

whatcha think?
Awesome!
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
It's Ok......
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
It sucked
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

The Red Racer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Going Wild from Boredom Reply with quote

Ok, i wrote this story a while ago, so let me know what you think. oh, and be brutally honest about it.

Going Wild From Boredom
“C’mon, C’mon, hurry up you stupid clock!” Luke McKenna shifted in his seat for about the hundredth time as he glared at the clock that hung from the wall. This wasn’t uncommon for kids to do in this particular 3rd period math class; since it was possibly the most boring class in the world. The teacher was monotonous, and repeated everything five times, as it is with most math teachers.
Luke fidgeted again in his seat, and reached a hand up under his Red Sox hat and through the short, messy brown hair underneath. Looking over at the girl next to him, Fiona Williams, he pulled his hand out from under his hat and forming his fingers into a pistol, pretended to shoot himself in the head. Fiona rolled her eyes and lay her head back down on her notebook closing her eyes.
Luke was about to do this, but a now-becoming-familiar shiver ran up the length of his spine. He held his hand under the desk, just to see if the shiver was a false alarm. No such luck; the thin layer of hair that covered his forearms was lowly starting to thicken. Pulling the sleeve over both arms, he raised his hand in the air. The teacher ignored him, and continued to write on the board.
“Miss Nay, may I please go to the nurse? I don’t feel so hot.” Luke continued to hold up his hand, which was starting to get itchy.
“When I’m finished with this.” Miss Nay didn’t even stop writing on the board to answer him.
“But I feel like I’m going to puke! May I please go to the nurse now?”
“Is it an emergency, Luke?”
“Yes! Can I go now?” Fiona raised her head at this point; she had been a friend with Luke since mid-freshman year, and she had never seen him act this way before.
Luke stood up and picked up his bag, holding back a wince when an ache above his butt came to his attention. He focused on slowing down the process that was taking place while he waited for Miss Nay to finish writing out the pass.
Before the teacher could say a word to him, Luke had snatched the pass from her hand and bolted out the door, leaving Miss Nay blinking in surprise.
“Well, I never!”

Luke ran as fast as he could, flying past other classes, until he arrived at the bathroom. Without slowing down, he flung the door open, dashed inside, and locked the door behind him. The itching was driving him nuts, and it had spread to the rest of his body. Throwing his bag into one of the stalls, Luke tore off his shirt (not literally, of course, he still needed to wear it for the rest of the day!) and tossed that on top of his bag. Looking down, the teenager could see hair, or rather, fur growing rapidly on his chest and stomach. A glance in the mirrors showed that fur had sprung up on his face as well. His ears were also pointier than before.
Holding up his hands, Luke saw that with each finger ending in a sharp claw, they were more like paws than hands. Small pads had even grown on the underside, although they weren’t thick enough to affect the fingers’ dexterity. There were pads on the palms, but like the fingers, they weren’t big enough to create any complications. The fur on his forearms was a rusty brownish color, and his shoulders were the same color as well. Luke’s upper arms were covered in gray fur, with hints of tan on the inside of his biceps. A lighter shade of gray covered his chest, and the familiar rusty brown fur ran down the middle of his back, with the original gray fur wrapping around his sides to faded into the rusty brown.
“Jeez, that was close one! I’m gonna have to work on controlling it more; if I had changed any faster…” Luke thought aloud “anyhoo, I guess I’m okay for now, so I can change all the way now.” Taking a deep breath, Luke forced his body to relax completely. But as soon as he did, the dull ache above his butt had become more severe, and before he could do anything, a loud “riiiiiiipp!” echoed off the tile walls. Luke twisted his head around just in time to see his tail rip a huge hole in the seat of his pants.
“Crap! I forgot to take off my damn pants!” Looking behind him, the tail had stopped growing just short of three feet in length. At the base, the same gray fur on his sides covered the majority of the new appendage, then faded into the same rusty brown on his forearms; and then dark, almost black fur covered the very tip of his tail.
Luke happened to sniff lightly, and quickly regretted it!
“Agh! It reeks in here!” He covered his nose with a paw, but suddenly felt his nose pushing out to form a muzzle. It’s a good thing that Luke didn’t look in the mirror though, or else he might’ve thrown up. His nose stretched out further and further, growing rusty brown fur on the top of the still-growing muzzle. The dull and blunt human teeth molded like clay into sharp, canine teeth. When the muzzle had stopped growing, Luke noticed an itchy feeling on the side of his head. His ears, already covered in the familiar rusty brown fur, traveled up the side of his head, growing pointier until they settled on the top of his head.
Almost as soon as it had started, the full transformation had ended. Luke padded over to the mirror, and gazed at the reflection that stared back at him. Where a teenage boy had stood, a teenage werecoyote stood in his place.
“Wow…” Luke ran a clawed hand through the fur on his head. “I’ve never really had a chance to look at my reflection while I was like this before…but now that I am…”
Suddenly, a knock on the bathroom door echoed off the tile walls, followed by a voice.
“Hey, McKenna! Are you in there?” The classmate stood outside the door, and awaited an answer. When none came, the boy shrugged. “Probably smoking a butt in there.”
Luke finally let out a sigh of relief as the sound of footsteps faded to nothing.
“Jeez, that was close! Something tells me that school just got a lot harder for me; It won’t be easy for me to hide the fact that I’m a werecoyote when I can’t even hold back the change for an hour, now won’t it.” Luke padded back over to his bag and picked up his shirt, and after slipping it over the fur, sighed to himself, “Oh well, if anybody asks why I kept on leaving during class, I’ll just tell them I was going wild from boredom…”

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry dude- you got 24 hours to pm an admin to get it moved to another forum (either 'Feedback' or 'Everyday Blither Blather'), before a moderator like myself deletes it.

Reason: Nice story, but...
This is somebody's else's forum (Chris Foxx & James Brunner's to be precise), and not a free forum to be posting your work on. There are places here to do that sort of thing, as mentioned above, and the private forums is one place not to do that. Especially without permission, or thinking you can freely express yourself.

I'll notify the admins to expect your request.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
The Red Racer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops, my bad...ill let them know right away. Embarassed

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great story, and even better in getting it moved...

now the hard part- FINISH IT! Mr. Green

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
The Red Racer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, that was going to be it... but now i'm thinkin about continueing the story, which should be fun!
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, thats pretty good, I like the way its a furre story but in the 'real' world, as some like to call it, with skinnies and stuff Rolling Eyes .... I like the way its written as well. Keep it up, I want to read more!
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...

When's the next part coming?

Yeah, I like it...

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Feedback All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: