Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about Ch 24

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkLion14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Question about Ch 24 Reply with quote

I don't understand this part:

Quote:
Chris walked through his kitchen to the back door. On the other side was a cute brown-haired lady wolf wearing a yellow V-neck jumpsuit with a large bag slung over her shoulder.

She smiled big. "Hi!" she said. "My name's Florence. I'm sorry to bother you, but our ship's landed about a half mile back in the forest and we can't take off again because of a faulty loopback generator. Would you happen to have one we could buy from you?"

"Just a minute." Chris walked over to the basement door and disappeared inside. In a moment he came up the steps with an opened cardboard box.

"Is the CA-3 model okay?" he asked. "It has the recirculating option."

"Oh, that's perfect!" she said. She pulled an electronic notepad from her satchel. "How much do you want for it?"

"Oh, please!" Chris said to her. "You're doing me the favor taking it! Now I can put a cupboard in that corner."

Florence's face brightened, and she held the screen door open while Chris placed it in her open arms. "That's really generous of you. Thanks a lot!"

"You're very welcome." Chris watched Florence walk down the stairs. "Nice doggy." He sprinted back to his PC and saw Sabrina was back. Quickly he paged her back in.

Who is Florence, what is the "ship" she's talking about that landed in the forest, why does Chris happen to have just the part she needs lying around spare?? I don't get it. I've read all of Tabitha(thats been written so far, of course) & don't remember seeing anyone named Florence mentioned...and Sabrina & Chris were pretty much ignorant of time travel until Tabitha showed up in that timeline. Just trying to understand it. Thanks ! Smile
em-see

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh heh! Laughing
The last time I read that, I hadn't ever read this before either!

Mapper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heheh. ah yes the Freefall reference.

Av by GreyCat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
DarkLion14

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

um. okay, its a reference to another comic strip. I can comprehend that. Now how does Chris know wtheck she's talking about & have a spare part for the ship handy? lol =P I still very very very confuzzled
ArcticVulpine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
um. okay, its a reference to another comic strip. I can comprehend that. Now how does Chris know wtheck she's talking about & have a spare part for the ship handy? lol =P I still very very very confuzzled

To quote Roger Rabbit "I can only do it because its funny"

Chris only had the knowledge and the part because it tied the scene together.

Fox Arctic
Vulpine Knight of Silvia
DarkLion14

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So yer saying I should forget it cuz it don't make logical sense in our terms & trying to make sense of it is insensible because of its incomprehensibility in our world/view?

Okay.....*goes off muttering about being hopelessly confused*
DarkLion14

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU FOR THE LINK!!!

OMG I'm laughing myself to death every time I click next....this strip is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! & Florence is kinda attractive....rawr!
Mapper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check out their forum and art by others as well. Very Happy

Av by GreyCat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> chrisfoxx All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: